CarTechnoloGY
E-Sys flashing with "hwDeinstall" and "hwInstal" - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: E-Sys flashing with "hwDeinstall" and "hwInstal" (/showthread.php?tid=11971)

E-Sys flashing with "hwDeinstall" and "hwInstal" - cm048 - 13-12-2015

Long story short.

I am swapping normal KOMBI with 6WB for F10 vehicle.
I need to flash new 6WB with the firmware same istep as the rest of ECUs.

[Image: Capture2.jpg]
[Image: Capture3.png]

I got red HWEL becuse this is retrofit, and the istep shipment of retrofit 6WB is not known. In order to flash, I know that I can get it done by creating SVT_soll
with "HW-IDs from SVTactual" and select only blFlash, swDeploy, cdDeploy, and ibaDeploy.

However, I would like to learn to take proper route with hardware replacement. Unfortunately detail information is very hard to find.

[Image: Capture3.png]

If I calculate SVT with the vehicle shipment istep without "HW-IDs from SVTactual", and proceed flashing with option "hwDeinstall" and "hwInstal".
Would this register the retrofit 6WB as factory original ?
Which option I suppose to select ? Everything except idDelete ?

I never use "hwDeinstall" and "hwInstal" before, and do not understand its exact purpose.

Can anybody helps ?

RE: E-Sys flashing with "hwDeinstall" and "hwInstal" - cm048 - 13-12-2015

Anybody has E-sys document which describes the meaning of hwDeinstall, hwInstal, blFlash, swDeploy, cdDeploy.... ?

RE: E-Sys flashing with "hwDeinstall" and "hwInstal" - milkyway - 14-12-2015

Hello!

blFlash = Bootloader Flash
swDeploy = flash new swfl files
cdDeploy = inject new CAFD
ibaDeploy = only neccessary for CIC/NBT, flash new IBA (Integrierte Bedienungs Anleitung - integrates user manual)
hddUpdate = only neccessary for CIC/NBT - new Navi Update

I replied your question in the US-Forum.

CU Oliver

RE: E-Sys flashing with "hwDeinstall" and "hwInstal" - bereic - 16-01-2016

Hi Oliver

Would you mind to answer his question also here?

thank you

RE: E-Sys flashing with "hwDeinstall" and "hwInstal" - jackylooo - 10-01-2024

Hi Oliver, 

How about hwdeinstall and hwinstall, what are the purpose for those two jobs?
It seems that's for changing hw associated info porpose, is it? 

Thanks!

(14-12-2015, 09:21 AM)milkyway Wrote:  Hello!

blFlash = Bootloader Flash
swDeploy = flash new swfl files
cdDeploy = inject new CAFD
ibaDeploy = only neccessary for CIC/NBT, flash new IBA (Integrierte Bedienungs Anleitung - integrates user manual)
hddUpdate = only neccessary for CIC/NBT - new Navi Update

I replied your question in the US-Forum.

CU Oliver

RE: E-Sys flashing with "hwDeinstall" and "hwInstal" - user_530d - 10-01-2024

Is an instruction for remove not right hardware and insert correct hardware. Most hardware is related to the construction date from car. If you install older hardware you will receive these instructions from ESYS.

RE: E-Sys flashing with "hwDeinstall" and "hwInstal" - jackylooo - 10-01-2024

(10-01-2024, 05:38 AM)user_530d Wrote:  Is an instruction for remove not right hardware and insert correct hardware. Most hardware is related to the construction date from car. If you install older hardware you will receive these instructions from ESYS.

So even if we select these 2 jobs, it will not change the hw info stored in ECU unless we replace them, right?

RE: E-Sys flashing with "hwDeinstall" and "hwInstal" - Node - 10-01-2024

(10-01-2024, 08:11 AM)jackylooo Wrote:  
(10-01-2024, 05:38 AM)user_530d Wrote:  Is an instruction for remove not right hardware and insert correct hardware. Most hardware is related to the construction date from car. If you install older hardware you will receive these instructions from ESYS.

So even if we select these 2 jobs, it will not change the hw info stored in ECU unless we replace them, right?

If you proceed with flashing when these jobs are there you risk BRICKING your unit. Or, if you are lucky, the flash will fail. STOP IMMEDIATELY unless you REALLY REALLY REALLY know what you are doing.