CarTechnoloGY
VCM II - clone, what do you think - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: Ford - Mazda (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+---- Thread: VCM II - clone, what do you think (/showthread.php?tid=12520)

Pages: 1 2

VCM II - clone, what do you think - fantomel - 06-01-2016

Today i received from a friend a clone of VCM2, here are some pictures of it, and i was wondering if it's a good clone or not.

[Image: 2w3vs08.jpg]
[Image: 10xab7r.jpg]
[Image: xmod50.jpg]
[Image: ojmlgx.jpg]

Some more detailed pictures of it and an image of the SD card you can find HERE

I wait forward for some comments regarding the quality of this.
Thanks.

P.S. I do not know with witch version this interface works since my friend who donated it did not remember, and maybe you can share a light on that too.

RE: VCM II - clone, what do you think - Nitro - 06-01-2016

Looks like a good quality clone. It might have the blacklisted serial number.

RE: VCM II - clone, what do you think - Inspector_Gadget - 06-01-2016

It is good v.g clone.

not blacklsted serial as far as i know but it is easy to change serial and should put a genuine one.

i have loads but only ford ones.

RE: VCM II - clone, what do you think - mauroxj - 06-01-2016

It is good clone, it will work perfectly with v86 that's for sure... if v93 and 94 do not require special treatment about S/N it will work with those also. I am talking about Ford IDS which I've tested (v86) but if you need it for mazda it will also work because it is the same interface (they use to come from china with both labels, ford and mazda and you pick which one to stick in it).
Regards

(06-01-2016, 16:45 PM)mauroxj Wrote:  It is good clone, it will work perfectly with v86 that's for sure... if v93 and 94 do not require special treatment about S/N it will work with those also. I am talking about Ford IDS which I've tested (v86) but if you need it for mazda it will also work because it is the same interface (they use to come from china with both labels, ford and mazda and you pick which one to stick in it).
Regards

Any VCMII Works with ford and Mazda depending how you go about it , even 98.xx versions

RE: VCM II - clone, what do you think - fantomel - 06-01-2016

Maybe some one is willing to put some good recovery images for this interface. Mine came without wireless so i need to buy one DWA-131 usb adapter to put on it and to test its wireless. Also i am looking for it's jtag points to read it smile

(06-01-2016, 20:08 PM)fantomel Wrote:  Maybe some one is willing to put some good recovery images for this interface. Mine came without wireless so i need to buy one DWA-131 usb adapter to put on it and to test its wireless. Also i am looking for it's jtag points to read it smile

take you time .....

many people are trying to run before they can walk.....one thing most people are not understanding is that the people at ford are in the process of change the firmware structure revision as another attempt to block clones.....meaning that some things are hit and miss right now even for original VCMII

just compare with gm mdi structure from ford ids 97.xx as apose to ford 96.xx...ALSO TAKE A LOOK AT VCX NANO drivers pack to understand how things can be manipulated to a certain point.

best way to understand this stuff was to watch changes over time as it is any software/hardware application
+ firmware to fully understand the changes made between updates.....

regards wifi adapter.....i wouldn't bother just yet...its possible to make the old ones work if you know whats going on in the checking process but i'm not about to make it public....whats wrong with USB Anyway ???

Most of us know whats going on in thread in another place but most of it is bollox unless you know what your doing and if you do know what your doing you will ignore most of it because the end result will be pointless ...i have already set people up with mazda and ford ids 98.xx with clone and original VCMII NO PROBLEM .

RE: VCM II - clone, what do you think - mattydr67 - 07-01-2016

(06-01-2016, 23:54 PM)Inspector_Gadget Wrote:  ...i have already set people up with mazda and ford ids 98.xx with clone and original VCMII NO PROBLEM .
Is true.
Good luck

RE: VCM II - clone, what do you think - sev611 - 06-02-2016

I dont know why people want their vcm to be on wifi at work we have 4 original vcm 2 and they did not work when they were on wifi and it is not googd to program wireless if some one comes by with a mobile phone you can be fu...d i have had one where it happened because there was one that where online with his phone close by
so none of ours at work is on wifi all uses usb also at home also the wifi dongle burns out very fast around 1,5-2 year
regarding the blacklist of serial numbers i think it comes up to langue chosen and dealer code and country
if you make the rigth choises when installing etis and ids your vcm2 is not blacklisted
i have a clone vcm2 i am using at work and i use it to do warrenty repairs with out any problem

rgds sev

RE: VCM II - clone, what do you think - CubeX - 01-11-2016

(06-01-2016, 23:54 PM)Inspector_Gadget Wrote:  
(06-01-2016, 20:08 PM)fantomel Wrote:  Maybe some one is willing to put some good recovery images for this interface. Mine came without wireless so i need to buy one DWA-131 usb adapter to put on it and to test its wireless. Also i am looking for it's jtag points to read it smile

take you time .....

many people are trying to run before they can walk.....one thing most people are not understanding is that the people at ford are in the process of change the firmware structure revision as another attempt to block clones.....meaning that some things are hit and miss right now even for original VCMII

just compare with gm mdi structure from ford ids 97.xx as apose to ford 96.xx...ALSO TAKE A LOOK AT VCX NANO drivers pack to understand how things can be manipulated to a certain point.

best way to understand this stuff was to watch changes over time as it is any software/hardware application
+ firmware to fully understand the changes made between updates.....

regards wifi adapter.....i wouldn't bother just yet...its possible to make the old ones work if you know whats going on in the checking process but i'm not about to make it public....whats wrong with USB Anyway ???

Most of us know whats going on in thread in another place but most of it is bollox unless you know what your doing and if you do know what your doing you will ignore most of it because the end result will be pointless ...i have already set people up with mazda and ford ids 98.xx with clone and original VCMII NO PROBLEM .

Inspector_Gadget I can see you know what you are talking about and have helped many. I too am new to all of this. I would very much appreciate a little help/guidance from someone like you. If you could, and have the time, I have just purchased a VCM II clone, I have installed drivers and Maz IDS V100.0 in a VM12 Player. I do not have any calibration files and can not find where to download them no matter how hard I try. headbang
I can read DTCs etc, but no module programming since I do not have calibration files. I have no idea what else I need to get this working.

If you could guide me to getting a working module programming setup I would be very grateful. thumbsup