CarTechnoloGY
Solved ✔ VW EDC17CP14 and Galletto v54 write in boot mode - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CHIPTUNING (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Solved ✔ VW EDC17CP14 and Galletto v54 write in boot mode (/showthread.php?tid=15290)

Pages: 1 2

VW EDC17CP14 and Galletto v54 write in boot mode - Enabled - 29-04-2016

I have the Galletto v54 upgraded to 0475.

Today I am trying to DPF delete an EDC17CP14 (USA model 2010 VW Jetta tdi).

I have read all (internal flash, external flash, eeprom) in boot mode with my clone Galletto v54.

I modified the DPF switch in internal flash, and used WinOLS to calculate checksums.

Then I went back to flash in boot mode, the internal flash.

Before it even started flashing I got this error from Galletto v54:

[Image: CSgalletto%20error_zpscxyk7q4f.png]

Checksum not supported. Send original and modified files to technical support for correction.

Any way to get around this? Is it possible to disable automatic checksum in galletto?

This is from Galletto software, others have had this problem, but I can't find answer yet. http://www.ecuedit.com/fgtech-galetto-v54-problem-writing-edc17-t6589

Any help is very appreciated!

VW EDC17CP14 and Galletto v54 write in boot mode - Powerlab - 29-04-2016

Which way u used for cs on winols

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: VW EDC17CP14 and Galletto v54 write in boot mode - Enabled - 29-04-2016

Non RSA. Automatic OLS807.

When I did with RSA, there were many "00" in places at checksum area.

Here is the RSA extended checksum file.

Even trying to write original back, has the same error.

Does older/newer Galletto work with this correctly?

Any way to turn off checksum calc in Galletto?

RE: VW EDC17CP14 and Galletto v54 write in boot mode - teerak2uk - 29-04-2016

Yes galletto works fine on that ecu

RE: VW EDC17CP14 and Galletto v54 write in boot mode - ROD-BENDERS - 29-04-2016

(29-04-2016, 17:07 PM)teerak2uk Wrote:  Yes galletto works fine on that ecu
Try not doing checksum with winols and let the tool do the checksums

It gives the same error message when trying to flash the original untouched file back... But I will attempt flashing the file with just the dpf switches off, no cs.

So far, from what I have seen online, the only people having this issue are with North American EDC17CP14. I could be wrong, but it's what it seems like.

I don't think it is the bin checksum giving error, but rather Galletto program possibly not finding/applying the right checksum module?

I have 152 files in my C:\FGTech\chk and none named edc17 or med17. Are there more?

RE: VW EDC17CP14 and Galletto v54 write in boot mode - ROD-BENDERS - 29-04-2016

(29-04-2016, 17:54 PM)Enabled Wrote:  It gives the same error message when trying to flash the original untouched file back... But I will attempt flashing the file with just the dpf switches off, no cs.

So far, from what I have seen online, the only people having this issue are with North American EDC17CP14. I could be wrong, but it's what it seems like.

I don't think it is the bin checksum giving error, but rather Galletto program possibly not finding/applying the right checksum module?

I have 152 files in my C:\FGTech\chk and none named edc17 or med17. Are there more?

I made two new dpf off files for you, both are slightly different to yours, they may not work as this seems to be a tool issue but its worth a try thinking

Thank you, I will try them both.

(I don't want to give up on this yet... but, should I be looking for a Kess v2 clone? Any better at this?)

RE: VW EDC17CP14 and Galletto v54 write in boot mode - dorofteius - 29-04-2016

Galletto, does not know how to make a checksumm on Sirius32, and You expect him to do-it on edc17?
For Real ?

(29-04-2016, 19:48 PM)dorofteius Wrote:  Galletto, does not know how to make a checksumm on Sirius32, and You expect him to do-it on edc17?
For Real ?

Yes, understood.., I actually don't want galletto to do the checksum. I want it to skip that whole part. I already fixed checksums myself.

I was hoping there was a way to skip that part, or fix this error. I don't have too much time to ship another interface.