CarTechnoloGY
Solved ✔ E91 ZGM Error ISTA/P - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Solved ✔ E91 ZGM Error ISTA/P (/showthread.php?tid=16203)

Pages: 1 2 3

E91 ZGM Error ISTA/P - bmw335coding - 08-06-2016

Hi guys,

a friend trys to update his e91 with ista/p from an I-Stufe 2007 to newest 2015-11, but this idiot don't use an power supply for this time. hiddentmi

Now the ZGM are not available for ISTA/P, no ignition goes on and he can't reprogram. giggle

Can i try to flash the JBFF3 (JBE) with ZUSB 9364819 in WINKFP? Then code with NCS? With no igniton?!

The ISTA/P final report are here;

[Image: 45f159-1465393440.jpg]

[Image: 995afb-1465393489.jpg]

thanks

RE: E91 ZGM Error ISTA/P - bmw335coding - 09-06-2016

Update:
Kombi blinker flashing on exchange
no igniton
no read with INPA, no access with tool32 to cas, klemme15 is ok, i think the CAS is damage.
WINKFP flash the JBE or CAS with right ZUSB gives an error...

in attachment is the EEPROM.bin and the FLASH.bin from the CAS

Is there ok? Has anyone dump?

RE: E91 ZGM Error ISTA/P - HestonDiag - 09-06-2016

When you say exchange, you mean you exchanged JBE?

On E89 family, there are two types of JBE. One only communicates to diagnostic port using single K line, I think the other has 1 K Line and 1 DCAN line, or maybe 2 K Lines, sorry I forget.

Connections on both types JBE are identical, but if you put wrong type JBE in car, you will have no communication, with whole car, including JBE.

Sorry I can't remember details, but I think one type has marking on top saying JBBF, the other type has JBBFEII.

RE: E91 ZGM Error ISTA/P - bmw335coding - 09-06-2016

(09-06-2016, 08:34 AM)HestonDiag Wrote:  When you say exchange, you mean you exchanged JBE?

On E89 family, there are two types of JBE. One only communicates to diagnostic port using single K line, I think the other has 1 K Line and 1 DCAN line, or maybe 2 K Lines, sorry I forget.

Connections on both types JBE are identical, but if you put wrong type JBE in car, you will have no communication, with whole car, including JBE.

Sorry I can't remember details, but I think one type has marking on top saying JBBF, the other type has JBBFEII.

No the turn signals tuns on in exchange.

No modules are changed.

RE: E91 ZGM Error ISTA/P - bmw335coding - 11-06-2016

Update:
CAS reflash with R270, check eeprom, CAS is ok.

I think the JBE is canceled at programming, JBE is central gateway from all BUS and gives KL15...

Can i code a used JBE to the car?

RE: E91 ZGM Error ISTA/P - HestonDiag - 11-06-2016

When I had the problem I previously mentioned, I was able to code up used JBE using NCS without any problem. I'm guessing you should also be able to do the same with ISTA-P, it will just take a lot longer to do the same job.

RE: E91 ZGM Error ISTA/P - bmw335coding - 12-06-2016

(11-06-2016, 23:50 PM)HestonDiag Wrote:  When I had the problem I previously mentioned, I was able to code up used JBE using NCS without any problem. I'm guessing you should also be able to do the same with ISTA-P, it will just take a lot longer to do the same job.

For coding there is a vo read from frm, nfrm or cas required...
no connection to complete car = no coding
i think the JBE is canceled at programming. Flash with WINKFP gives an error.

On other forum i read that it helps to set wires to JBE / CAS with power.

RE: E91 ZGM Error ISTA/P - oceandiver86 - 12-06-2016

Did you try the repair function in ISTA-P? (special measure plan)?

RE: E91 ZGM Error ISTA/P - ap90500 - 12-06-2016

Put jumper cable from OBD port pin 16 (+12v) to pin 1 (KL15), this way you can be sure that JBBF gets voltage to KL15. CAS sends the KL15 when everything is ok. There is no problem on coding a used JBBF, you must just make sure that you get correct part number. There are several different JBBF hardware versions, with different functions like rear window shutter and so on.

E91 ZGM Error ISTA/P - bmw335coding - 14-06-2016

(12-06-2016, 10:10 AM)oceandiver86 Wrote:  Did you try the repair function in ISTA-P? (special measure plan)?

Yes, but no luck. No connection to the JBE...