CarTechnoloGY
Help vw golf gti 2008 Remote problem - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: IMMO & LOCKSMITH (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Help vw golf gti 2008 Remote problem (/showthread.php?tid=23817)

Help vw golf gti 2008 Remote problem - adel.nooh - 26-04-2017

Yesterday i tried to program the remote of vw golf gti 2008 by x100 and skp900 without sucess.
The car make a flashing response when press unlock or lock button during programing which means the programing is done.
But it never works, i tried another remote (keydiy) with no different.
Does any one has problem like this?
speechless

RE: Help vw golf gti 2008 Remote problem - fisekovic - 26-04-2017

Hmm just happend to me today trying to program Audi remote to A3 2009 year. Customer have one original key from his car and got second used remote 433 mhz from 2005 A3. I tried to program it with VCDS and got flashing with his and "new" remote during programming but new does not work after. I also tried programming just new..deleting all and programing new...no luck...

edit: also one remote is 8P0837220D other 8P0837220 , dont remebember which one original

RE: Help vw golf gti 2008 Remote problem - adel.nooh - 26-04-2017

(26-04-2017, 21:51 PM)fisekovic Wrote:  Hmm just happend to me today trying to program Audi remote to A3 2009 year. Customer have one original key from his car and got second used remote 433 mhz from 2005 A3. I tried to program it with VCDS and got flashing with his and "new" remote during programming but new does not work after. I also tried programming just new..deleting all and programing new...no luck...

edit: also one remote is 8P0837220D other 8P0837220 , dont remebember which one original

I have also problem in the key transponder it is broken and the car no more start
A message in the cluster says "Immobilzer Active SAFE"
I don't know if this key programing problem related to the remote issue ????
Need your ideas ???

RE: Help vw golf gti 2008 Remote problem - fisekovic - 26-04-2017

No, it is not related.

RE: Help vw golf gti 2008 Remote problem - raffy haddad - 27-04-2017

Hello
i had the same problem with gti 2006
everything went ok during programming remote and after finish don't work
the problem was in ignition lock and it work after replace ignition lock
regards

RE: Help vw golf gti 2008 Remote problem - fisekovic - 27-04-2017

How come ignition lock and remote functions are related?

The pcb bord down at the end in ignition lock if i may called or the ignition lock by it self when you turn off the ignition if the the lock didn't turn right to the end to let the car know that's it completly off
It will not let you use the remote ( hope you understand my explanation )
Because when car is in start you can not close or open by remote
Regards

RE: Help vw golf gti 2008 Remote problem - fisekovic - 27-04-2017

I don't think that is his problem, if you read my post you can see that i had exactly same problem (blinkers flash on programming but at the end remote don't work) and i have one original remote key to this car and it works without problem.

If you think it is ignition problem try just to disconect ignition plug and remotes shloud work, but i don't think it is that problem, more likely problem with remote part number

RE: Help vw golf gti 2008 Remote problem - adel.nooh - 27-04-2017

(27-04-2017, 10:28 AM)raffy haddad Wrote:  The pcb bord down at the end in ignition lock if i may called or the ignition lock by it self when you turn off the ignition if the the lock didn't turn right to the end to let the car know that's it completly off
It will not let you use the remote ( hope you understand my explanation )
Because when car is in start you can not close or open by remote
Regards

I thinks that right, because the key is broken inside the ignition and the car owner use WD40 inside the ignition so may something occurred to the ignition lock or its PCB board.
What do you recommend to me to do to solve this issue ???

Hello
yes exactly the problem was is key broke in ignition after he took it to a locksmith and made a new blade that worked it can start the car and turn it off
but his only remote stopped worke
after arrive to me to program his remote always program good and remote not work on car and described me what happen with him i disassemble the ignition lock and moved the down pcb it worked the remote i tried for a while to keep the pcb in place to let the remote work but no luck so he bought a used ignition lock i replace the pcb with transponder to the second key and everything worked good
and ofcourse if the remote is not same as the old will not work