CarTechnoloGY
Program Peugeot Key with onboard Transponder - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: IMMO & LOCKSMITH (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Program Peugeot Key with onboard Transponder (/showthread.php?tid=25838)

Pages: 1 2

Program Peugeot Key with onboard Transponder - pieman64 - 15-07-2017

I recently bought a new key for my Peugeot 307 (2004) and photos of the circuit board are shown below.
[Image: Key_2_button_Peugeot.jpg]

[Image: Key_Transponder_On_PCB.jpg]

The PCB fits into my original key but it differs from the original in that it has the transponder on the PCB rather than the separate transponder that is normally squashed into the corner of the fob.

I went to an auto locksmith that has an expensive "space age" key programming device and he said he couldn't program the key. His device was triangular, modern looking and around the size of a dinner plate (albeit a triangular dinner plate). Looks like his device will program most car models.

Question: is it possible to program the new key but just with PP2000 etc rather than the space age key cloning device or do I need to obtain a PCB with separate transponder?

RE: Program Peugeot Key with onboard Transponder - raffy haddad - 15-07-2017

Hello
The onbord transponder has special function
When you program key with electronic transponder
The remote will automaticaly activate
When you have seperate transponder
You have to manually program remote

If your car originaly came with seperate
Transponder i guess you can program
Only the start car with electonic transponder without the remote function
Regards

RE: Program Peugeot Key with onboard Transponder - pieman64 - 15-07-2017

Thanks @raffy haddad

I'll see if I understand your post.

1. Electronic transponder has special function - what is this special function?

2. Separate transponder (my original key) requires the 10 second programming in the ignition for the remote locking but the new onboard transponder key doesn't need to have this remote locking done via the ignition, right?

3. From your last sentence are you saying the onboard transponder key will start the engine but it can't be programmed to control the central locking?

RE: Program Peugeot Key with onboard Transponder - strikeforce - 15-07-2017

Most of this chinese/ebay keys transponder programming is without any problem, they program straight away. The problem is with remote matching, it is a hit and miss they may program and they may not. I tried it on a 407, transponder programs o.k and The remote never programmed.

RE: Program Peugeot Key with onboard Transponder - raffy haddad - 15-07-2017

(15-07-2017, 07:48 AM)pieman64 Wrote:  Thanks @raffy haddad

I'll see if I understand your post.

1. Electronic transponder has special function - what is this special function?

2. Separate transponder (my original key) requires the 10 second programming in the ignition for the remote locking but the new onboard transponder key doesn't need to have this remote locking done via the ignition, right?

3. From your last sentence are you saying the onboard transponder key will start the engine but it can't be programmed to control the central locking?
Yes the transponder will start the car but the remote will not function
Because the remote function is different

Thanks guys, I could probably live without remote locking but as the auto locksmith say's he's unable to program the new key (with onboard transponder) then perhaps I should look to buy the original key type with separate transponder.

Maybe he meant if he programmed it then it wouldn't be fully functional i.e immobiliser OK but remote locking not OK.

RE: Program Peugeot Key with onboard Transponder - zmann - 15-07-2017

You've obtained the right remote key for 307 (and only) if the Chinese haven't changed anything again! Program it and sync. it as usual with PP2000 and this remote should work fine too.

To keep your remote reusable next time or if something went wrong. If you are working with keys and having tools and some free PCF7936, clone USER0 - User3 from the remote to PCF7936 and remove the coil on the remote and now proceed key programming to the car normally as it has separated transponder.

(15-07-2017, 12:54 PM)zmann Wrote:  remove the coil

The coil being the "chip / transponder" looking thing on the battery side of the PCB, right?

I will order a batch of 5 transponder chips later today.

RE: Program Peugeot Key with onboard Transponder - zmann - 15-07-2017

Correct but that is just a coil for the transponder. Transponder and remote transmitter are integrated in PCF7961 (?). So that why the transponder needs an external coil as seen.

I have now ordered 5 chips, $7.80 delivered.