CarTechnoloGY
NCSExpert Unknown Error Help - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: NCSExpert Unknown Error Help (/showthread.php?tid=27556)

Pages: 1 2 3

NCSExpert Unknown Error Help - Mrg0721 - 07-09-2017

I was trying to code a LMA module today on an 06 e60 vehicle but was unable to. My goal was to remove adaptive headlight ($524) option from vehicle but every time I removed it from CAS module I was no longer able to code LMA. Any ideas? Thanks

Using SP-Daten 62.3

This is the error:

Der Codierindex folgender Steuergeräte ist für diesen Codierauftrag nicht zulässig: LMA33

Which translates in English to:

The coding index of the following control units is not permissible for this coding task: LMA33

RE: NCSExpert Unknown Error Help - SweetBMW - 07-09-2017

Your light module hardware is wrong. Need to replace LM

RE: NCSExpert Unknown Error Help - Mrg0721 - 07-09-2017

Forgot to mention that car has aftermarket headlights with no adaptive features. Does that make a difference?

No it does not. Your problem is that there are different LMs for AHL, and for NON-AHL. In AHL Headlights in early E6x you have a standalone AHL unit which deals with all headlight adjustments. On NON-AHL Cars this function is integrated into the LM it self. Ergo NCS knows that when changing VO to remove AHL, you also need a new LM.

EDIT: im sorry, didnt see the 06 model in your post. But the same thing goes for this, LM with or without AHL, but AHL unit is integrated in LM.

But anyway,unless your datens are outdated, you need a new LM.

RE: NCSExpert Unknown Error Help - Mrg0721 - 07-09-2017

In other words even if I tried to update the LM module it wouldn't make a difference, right?

Correct. If you look in the ETK, 081 is for non-ahl. 082 is for ahl.. or the other way around..

RE: NCSExpert Unknown Error Help - inotherwords - 07-09-2017

You don't need to change anything if LMA is suitable for that car. Regardless it's AHL or non-AHL you should be able to code it.

Well that depends entirely on the LM thats fitted.... As long as the version fitted is not supported "officially" he has to change it. Unless he wants to do all the manual coding to make the changes. But im pretty sure (though i have been wrong before) that he has to change it to make it work 100%.

RE: NCSExpert Unknown Error Help - inotherwords - 07-09-2017

(07-09-2017, 08:30 AM)SweetBMW Wrote:  Well that depends entirely on the LM thats fitted.... As long as the version fitted is not supported "officially" he has to change it. Unless he wants to do all the manual coding to make the changes. But im pretty sure (though i have been wrong before) that he has to change it to make it work 100%.

And which LMA version is not suitable for E60 and needs to be changed?

(07-09-2017, 08:40 AM)inotherwords Wrote:  
(07-09-2017, 08:30 AM)SweetBMW Wrote:  Well that depends entirely on the LM thats fitted.... As long as the version fitted is not supported "officially" he has to change it. Unless he wants to do all the manual coding to make the changes. But im pretty sure (though i have been wrong before) that he has to change it to make it work 100%.

And which LMA version is not suitable for E60 and needs to be changed?

I dont remember all of the part numbers, but my point is that I have had to replace LMs when doing this conversion as it wont accept the coding. But by all means, if you dont believe me, you are free to not do so. read