CarTechnoloGY
Best computer software for mileage correction? - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: DASHBOARD (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Best computer software for mileage correction? (/showthread.php?tid=28471)

Pages: 1 2 3

Best computer software for mileage correction? - Pculvert - 05-10-2017

Recently went to a local shop to get mileage corrected on my 2015 corvette and 2016 Ford F-250 guy came out with his laptop (windows) plugged in cord into one 2 port and in less that a few minutes he was able to change my mileage. I tried looking but couldn’t get a clear view while he was doing it and of course he wouldn’t tell me what software it was, so do any of y’all know what software this could be? He said he’s able to do most cars via obd2 within a couple minutes, only thing he wasn’t able to do was a 2016 x5 I took him but he said everything else is mostly possible.
Any info appreciated, thanks

RE: Best computer software for mileage correction? - forkade - 05-10-2017

Avdi abrites
x-tool
carprog
no need pc
enigma tool
dashcoder 4 or digiprog 4 digiprog 3
diagprog
smelecom

RE: Best computer software for mileage correction? - QUICK SERVICE - 05-10-2017

Diagprog4 full daschboard
https://www.diagprog4.com/index.php

RE: Best computer software for mileage correction? - Pculvert - 06-10-2017

Is diagprog A software or a unit (computer) itself? I’m only looking for computer software that’ll do mileage correction on all makes and model. Not a computer or tool like digiprog or other tools

RE: Best computer software for mileage correction? - fisekovic - 06-10-2017

(06-10-2017, 03:20 AM)Pculvert Wrote:  Is diagprog A software or a unit (computer) itself? I’m only looking for computer software that’ll do mileage correction on all makes and model. Not a computer or tool like digiprog or other tools

Every "mileage software" use appropriate hardware interface which is in most cases not cheap, it does not work as you think - by just downloading some free software from internet...
You are not first or last guy who thinks it works that way...

RE: Best computer software for mileage correction? - Pculvert - 07-10-2017

(06-10-2017, 11:51 AM)fisekovic Wrote:  
(06-10-2017, 03:20 AM)Pculvert Wrote:  Is diagprog A software or a unit (computer) itself? I’m only looking for computer software that’ll do mileage correction on all makes and model. Not a computer or tool like digiprog or other tools

Every "mileage software" use appropriate hardware interface which is in most cases not cheap, it does not work as you think - by just downloading some free software from internet...

I understand that, and I doubt it is free, I don’t mind paying but I want to know which one is the correct software for most makes and models that is doable using a laptop via obdII connector

RE: Best computer software for mileage correction? - fisekovic - 07-10-2017

(07-10-2017, 01:15 AM)Pculvert Wrote:  
(06-10-2017, 11:51 AM)fisekovic Wrote:  

I understand that, and I doubt it is free, I don’t mind paying but I want to know which one is the correct software for most makes and models that is doable using a laptop via obdII connector

i would suggest AVDI then..., use google

RE: Best computer software for mileage correction? - Pculvert - 09-10-2017

Got mileage done again on one of my vehicles, and couldn’t really see the name of software due to the glare on the screen and him being in the way, but can anyone tell which software this is From looking at the screen? Any of the ones that were listed in previous posts?
Thanks

RE: Best computer software for mileage correction? - spanaz1 - 09-10-2017

Is there any software that can work as Tachosoft???

RE: Best computer software for mileage correction? - fisekovic - 09-10-2017

You should look what interface / hardware he hooks up on laptop and OBD of course. That is important, i think on that screen is just some dump tool to change mileage in dump.