CarTechnoloGY
Solved ✔ Simos prc2.1 boot pin tin removed for error :( HELP! - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CHIPTUNING (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Solved ✔ Simos prc2.1 boot pin tin removed for error :( HELP! (/showthread.php?tid=30389)

Pages: 1 2

Simos prc2.1 boot pin tin removed for error :( HELP! - zzapp - 30-11-2017

Hi,
got a very bad problem with a simos 2.1
when i tried to solder on one of the 2 boot pins the resistor, the tin has removed and now there's no way to resolder on this pin, it's like if there's only the pcb plastic with no links with anything. i need to repair it in some way (and i don't know how).
can someone give me some help to resolve it please?
tks

[Image: f03e0a2c85c1d9ec0d2a7cd1b166a6d9.png]

RE: Simos prc2.1 boot pin tin removed for error :( HELP! - alex68 - 30-11-2017

The car start after this problem?

RE: Simos prc2.1 boot pin tin removed for error :( HELP! - zzapp - 30-11-2017

(30-11-2017, 09:53 AM)alex68 Wrote:  The car start after this problem?

yes, but it was necessary bcz mechanic had already removed the dpf. so i had to delete it in the ecu.
but luckly i've just resolved with the help of a friend adore who has a specific microscope for those stuffs. he found a very micro-tiny bus starting from that solder tin removed, so he put some solder at the end of that bus (impossible to see without microscope) and i unlocked the ecu!cheerscheerscheers

so fyi in the future if someone of you will have my same problem, should just know that the solution is next the pin solder and not behind (on the back side to be clear) of the pcb!
rock

RE: Simos prc2.1 boot pin tin removed for error :( HELP! - Stiffmaster - 30-11-2017

Or do it easily fully by OBD

RE: Simos prc2.1 boot pin tin removed for error :( HELP! - zzapp - 04-12-2017

(30-11-2017, 16:33 PM)Stiffmaster Wrote:  Or do it easily fully by OBD

are u telling me that is possible to disable antituning eeprom via obd?

RE: Simos prc2.1 boot pin tin removed for error :( HELP! - Stiffmaster - 04-12-2017

No need for disabling anymore. Pcr2.1 can be tuned only by OBD since few weeks.
No need for opening anymore.

RE: Simos prc2.1 boot pin tin removed for error :( HELP! - Remap Ross - 04-12-2017

Yes with new alientech update this is true
but if tool out of subs
or worse a clone then no such luck

RE: Simos prc2.1 boot pin tin removed for error :( HELP! - domelec - 05-12-2017

Also just for info you meant you had overheated the solder pad and it removed it
this is because your soldering iron was either too hot or you left it on the pad too long.
you should always use flux and not leave the iron on the pad too long.
tinning= adding a little solder to the part you wish to solder (in this case would be the resister)
the pad too if no solder was already there.
put flux on pad then add little bit of solder quickly
to repair the ripped off pad your friend found a via to solder to (very little hole connecting the pad to either internal pcb traces or other side of pcb)

RE: Simos prc2.1 boot pin tin removed for error :( HELP! - cubica - 05-12-2017

Next time read eeprom handly..no so dificult to open ecu..just heating it...completely.
rgds,
cuby

RE: Simos prc2.1 boot pin tin removed for error :( HELP! - kuraf - 02-05-2019

Hi
Passat 1.6 TDI I have tried via obd with my vehicle, I couldn't go can you tell me the process, thank you very much in advance