CarTechnoloGY
Pre LCI FEM doesnt accept LCI VO coding options - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Pre LCI FEM doesnt accept LCI VO coding options (/showthread.php?tid=31222)

Pre LCI FEM doesnt accept LCI VO coding options - Mwahab - 29-12-2017

Hey guys!

It happened to me 2 times, just as the title.

Some FEM doesn't accept the VO for LED headlights or LED Fog lights, they act as there is nothing written.

After VO coding with 5A1 as an example, removed the 520 or whatever the old salapa for Halogen fog light as well as changing the time criteria to a higher one, it act as there is no fog lights coded, all NSW related are nicht_aktiv.

Same story happened in the Headlights and taillights also, i have managed to get over this by manual FDL coding, but i am really curious about an answer, why the FEM didn't accept the VO?
and i don't think its an Istep issue, one of the car was prod date late 2014 and the issue was present. its an open discussion

RE: Pre LCI FEM doesnt accept LCI VO coding options - Deimis - 29-12-2017

I have same problem with led headlights retrofit to f30 2012.

RE: Pre LCI FEM doesnt accept LCI VO coding options - CEBEP - 29-12-2017

(29-12-2017, 18:28 PM)Mwahab Wrote:  Hey guys!

Some FEM doesn't accept the VO for LED headlights or LED Fog lights, they act as there is nothing written.

After VO coding with 5A1 as an example, removed the 520 or whatever the old salapa for Halogen fog light as well as changing the time criteria to a higher one, it act as there is no fog lights coded, all NSW related are nicht_aktiv.

Same story happened in the Headlights and taillights also, i have managed to get over this by manual FDL coding, but i am really curious about an answer, why the FEM didn't accept the VO?
and i don't think its an Istep issue, one of the car was prod date late 2014 and the issue was present. its an open discussion

you have to flash it with fresh istep first

RE: Pre LCI FEM doesnt accept LCI VO coding options - bmw335coding - 29-12-2017

(29-12-2017, 18:50 PM)CEBEP Wrote:  

That's not the solution.
I try it for about two months at my F32.
Flashed it before with newest I-Step and try to add 5A1 but FEM made an error.

RE: Pre LCI FEM doesnt accept LCI VO coding options - CEBEP - 29-12-2017

(29-12-2017, 18:56 PM)bmw335coding Wrote:  

That's not the solution.

That is the only solution to add led fog lights on old car. Done many times.
code it adding K5A1 to Ho-Wort section in FA

RE: Pre LCI FEM doesnt accept LCI VO coding options - bmw335coding - 29-12-2017

(29-12-2017, 19:09 PM)CEBEP Wrote:  

That's not the solution.

Sorry, when the fingers are faster as the brain.laughing

5A1 for LED fog lights can be successfull added after i-step upgrade at my F32.
But not 5A2 for Led Headlights without adaptive, because an LCI have only led headlights with adaptive. (552)

RE: Pre LCI FEM doesnt accept LCI VO coding options - Mwahab - 29-12-2017

(29-12-2017, 19:12 PM)bmw335coding Wrote:  
(29-12-2017, 19:09 PM)CEBEP Wrote:  

That's not the solution.

Sorry, when the fingers are faster as the brain.laughing

5A1 for LED fog lights can be successfull added after i-step upgrade at my F32.
But not 5A2 for Led Headlights without adaptive, because an LCI have only led headlights with adaptive. (552)

No, even in LCI models 5A2 is present without 552, it is available, some cars has got these specs.

RE: Pre LCI FEM doesnt accept LCI VO coding options - Enabled - 01-01-2018

Would an LCI FEM (treated/cloned with Autohex II) work OK on non-LCI?