CarTechnoloGY
Please help, Reworked Kess is still not working ! :-( - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CHIPTUNING (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Please help, Reworked Kess is still not working ! :-( (/showthread.php?tid=35393)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Please help, Reworked Kess is still not working ! :-( - bmwadriatic - 05-05-2018

Hello there,
as many of you maybe know i had a problem with my china Kess 5.017 Red PCB (Wake Up Error). Then i decied to send it together with china Red KTAG 7.020 to one user here on CT to make rework, so i spend 250US$ for Tools + 450€ for rework of both tools. Now i got the tools back and had the chance to try the Kess V2 today on a Renault Trafic 2.5L 99kW. I can read it 100%, without fault. Than going to write a mod file, Wake Up Error!! Than i played a little bit with compatibility mode, after that i cant read anymore the ECU, also now Wake Up Error here. Then i closed Ksuite and start again, now on start had the External exception EEFACE error. I have no idea anymore, please help me me. I installed it on new fresh Windows 10 64bit Installation. I spend so much money and time and nothing then Error. The rework made a big user here from CT, so i think he was making good work. Can it be a PC problem? But where to start search? Attached File from reworked Kess PCB

RE: Please help, Reworked Kess is still not working ! :-( - Remap Ross - 05-05-2018

windows 7 is best i think
also make sure u have latest updates to framework installed

did the updater not give software or did they tell you to use your version of ksuite?
sum times usb cables are bad,use good quality one

i not know who done rework so cant comment

RE: Please help, Reworked Kess is still not working ! :-( - macako - 05-05-2018

(05-05-2018, 14:26 PM)bmwadriatic Wrote:  Hello there,
as many of you maybe know i had a problem with my china Kess 5.017 Red PCB (Wake Up Error). Then i decied to send it together with china Red KTAG 7.020 to one user here on CT to make rework, so i spend 250US$ for Tools + 450€ for rework of both tools. Now i got the tools back and had the chance to try the Kess V2 today on a Renault Trafic 2.5L 99kW. I can read it 100%, without fault. Than going to write a mod file, Wake Up Error!! Than i played a little bit with compatibility mode, after that i cant read anymore the ECU, also now Wake Up Error here. Then i closed Ksuite and start again, now on start had the External exception EEFACE error. I have no idea anymore, please help me me. I installed it on new fresh Windows 10 64bit Installation. I spend so much money and time and nothing then Error. The rework made a big user here from CT, so i think he was making good work. Can it be a PC problem? But where to start search? Attached File from reworked Kess PCB

many of the Chinese versions have no connected (-) on the chassis itself. try connecting (-) to the metal part of KEES

RE: Please help, Reworked Kess is still not working ! :-( - Diagnostix - 05-05-2018

450€ for rework of both tools!!!

Surely at this price this must have included new NXP chips with Euro firmware and SD cards. The seller should have provided you with the software for these tools.

Did you not use this software?...

https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=35147&pid=339167#pid339167

RE: Please help, Reworked Kess is still not working ! :-( - Remap Ross - 05-05-2018

am on the case guys

think i sorted it and soon we will have feedback

id and read ok, will load new file and report in

RE: Please help, Reworked Kess is still not working ! :-( - bmwadriatic - 05-05-2018

(05-05-2018, 15:59 PM)Diagnostix Wrote:  450€ for rework of both tools!!!

Surely at this price this must have included new NXP chips with Euro firmware and SD cards. The seller should have provided you with the software for these tools.

Did you not use this software?...

https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=35147&pid=339167#pid339167

I dont know mate what he was changing. it is not problem for the money, some euros more is okay for me if i get working tools. but so i dont know. no i got later a link for software from him so i used this one

nxp been changed and new sw

it is not my work

RE: Please help, Reworked Kess is still not working ! :-( - bmwadriatic - 05-05-2018

I am no pro, this was that i was seen. new nxp, new SD card, a bridge on sd card slod is soldering, and new black ''chip'' near nxp. but i am no pro, so dont know, maybe more changes i am not seeing

The PCB looks good or not ? What do you think? sad

yes it looks fine imho