CarTechnoloGY
2007 Scania battery master switch ADR problems - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Car Technology Trucks / Heavy Vehicles Forum (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Trucks / Heavy Vehicles Problems & General Discussions (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: 2007 Scania battery master switch ADR problems (/showthread.php?tid=51997)

2007 Scania battery master switch ADR problems - Volum - 08-06-2019

Hello, i'm having problems with battery master switch control unit. I've checked all the relays and wiring. All are good. The control unit forbids alternator to charge. If i try manually without ECU, charging is up and all is good. I've tried 3 ECU's already, the fault must be somewhere else, but according to wiring diagram, there can't be anything else faulty.
Any suggestions?
ECU pn - 1519584
The ECU isn't detectable by SPD3, or should it be? (Again, according to wiring diagram, the ECU isn't connected to other ECU's)

RE: 2007 Scania battery master switch ADR problems - sisco - 09-06-2019

hello, if the alternator does not charge and you have already tried to replace the engine ecu the problem may be:
1 relay in position number 1 on the fuse box (p2)
2 relays in position number 2 on the fuse box (p2)
3 relays in position number 13 on the fuse box (p2)
4 defective battery master switch
do a test remove the relay in position 13 on the fuse box start the engine and see if the alternator is ok, let us know the result
the engine ecu is connected with a can-coo network (co-ordinator) and controls the alternator charge
also write the vehicle chassis number, a question, battery master switch is original scania?
see this pdf
sorry for my English

RE: 2007 Scania battery master switch ADR problems - sisco - 11-06-2019

Hi Mr. Volum, did you solve?

RE: 2007 Scania battery master switch ADR problems - Volum - 24-06-2019

No I didn't. I removed the ADR ecu internally and soldered some wires together, so I can switch on/off inside cabin. I've checked every relay as I wrote in my first post. Master switch is Original Scania.

RE: 2007 Scania battery master switch ADR problems - PIT21 - 12-06-2023

(09-06-2019, 13:51 PM)sisco Wrote:  hello, if the alternator does not charge and you have already tried to replace the engine ecu the problem may be:
1 relay in position number 1 on the fuse box (p2)
2 relays in position number 2 on the fuse box (p2)
3 relays in position number 13 on the fuse box (p2)
4 defective battery master switch
do a test remove the relay in position 13 on the fuse box start the engine and see if the alternator is ok, let us know the result
the engine ecu is connected with a can-coo network (co-ordinator) and controls the alternator charge
also write the vehicle chassis number, a question, battery master switch is original scania?
see this pdf
sorry for my English
hello i have the same problem with an r500 scania,when i remove the relais 13 my alternator charge