CarTechnoloGY
VXDIAG to replace VAS - need advice please - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: VAG Group (VW - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley) (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+---- Thread: VXDIAG to replace VAS - need advice please (/showthread.php?tid=59483)

Pages: 1 2

VXDIAG to replace VAS - need advice please - FatMama - 21-01-2022

Hello, Greetings to All.
I lost my VAS5054 clone. So, I can’t use my ODIS. Chinese suppliers don’t do VAS clones any more. They replaced it with something called VXDIAG VCXSE (170 Euros) as shown in attached picture . I wonder if any of you gentlemen use this device? And have any comments.  My ODIS-s is 7.1. Also, can I use this device for Porsche PIWIS III ? Thanks for your advice.

RE: VXDIAG to replace VAS - need advice please - DutchOBD - 21-01-2022

(21-01-2022, 13:37 PM)FatMama Wrote:  Hello, Greetings to All.
I lost my VAS5054 clone. So, I can’t use my ODIS. Chinese suppliers don’t do VAS clones any more. They replaced it with something called VXDIAG VCXSE (170 Euros) as shown in attached picture . I wonder if any of you gentlemen use this device? And have any comments.  My ODIS-s is 7.1. Also, can I use this device for Porsche PIWIS III ? Thanks for your advice.

If I look at the Chinese supplier i find loads and loads of VAS clones..
just 2 weeks ago i ordered 1. And i just looked and they still available.

With VXDIAG I dont have any experience sorry.

RE: VXDIAG to replace VAS - need advice please - alexturbo - 21-01-2022

VCX SE simulates a VAS6154, as well as all other Vxdiag products. I compared my VCX SE with Odis 7.2.1, in my test VAS5054 clone was much more stable and faster. In my experience, VCX SE has bad drivers for VAS6154. I can't get it to work with Odis 8.2, but as a passthru it works fine.

Piwis 3 can be used, but very expensive license. There are some on the market that can set up cheaper.

RE: VXDIAG to replace VAS - need advice please - Saboter - 22-01-2022

it works well as a clone of 6154 with odis 7. Only 1 day experience, no flaws found yet

RE: VXDIAG to replace VAS - need advice please - yang3113 - 22-01-2022

Both VCX Se and tabscan 6154 + C can be used as vas6154.

I have tested these two products. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages.

RE: VXDIAG to replace VAS - need advice please - koossie - 22-01-2022

im also curius to experience of users

RE: VXDIAG to replace VAS - need advice please - FatMama - 22-01-2022

Hi, I also wonder if this device will work with PIWIS III Tester software?

RE: VXDIAG to replace VAS - need advice please - 16eddi67 - 23-01-2022

(22-01-2022, 23:35 PM)FatMama Wrote:  Hi, I also wonder if this device will work with PIWIS III Tester software?
yes work))if you need licence tell me PM

BR EDDY

RE: VXDIAG to replace VAS - need advice please - Dexon - 05-02-2022

I use VXDiagSE for Mercedes, I will soon buy a VAG license for it, and I will use one device for both Mercedes and VAG

RE: VXDIAG to replace VAS - need advice please - Saboter - 05-02-2022

(22-01-2022, 07:25 AM)Saboter Wrote:  
it works well as a clone of 6154 with odis 7. Only 1 day experience, no flaws found yet
Two weeks clone work fine. Software update via OE 12 work fine. Online services unknown. I do not have direct access, but remote access is through 5054