CarTechnoloGY
Solved ✔ Motorcycle kombi bricked, anyway to recover? - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Solved ✔ Motorcycle kombi bricked, anyway to recover? (/showthread.php?tid=63796)

Motorcycle kombi bricked, anyway to recover? - rossi_0106 - 26-04-2022

A friend of mine used ista-d 4.33.20 and i-com to program an f900xr motorcycle. When it was about to be completed, the instrument suddenly went black. Now ISTA programmed kombi separately to display a red cross, and kombi displayed a yellow exclamation mark in ESYS. The bike can start, but the screen is black. 

I suggested he remove the power supply and try again after 30 minutes, but the problem is still the same.

Is there any way to repair it? Thank you!

RE: Motorcycle kombi bricked, anyway to recover? - lantianbaiyun - 26-04-2022

PM TeamViewer Can I have a remote look

RE: Motorcycle kombi bricked, anyway to recover? - diagso - 26-04-2022

(26-04-2022, 06:40 AM)rossi_0106 Wrote:  A friend of mine used ista-d 4.33.20 and i-com to program an f900xr motorcycle. When it was about to be completed, the instrument suddenly went black. Now ISTA programmed kombi separately to display a red cross, and kombi displayed a yellow exclamation mark in ESYS. The bike can start, but the screen is black. 

I suggested he remove the power supply and try again after 30 minutes, but the problem is still the same.

Was the zgw updates before kombi ?

I would start with programing/executing TAL via esys with ENET cable. If is still fails I would consider changing full psdzdata to newer. Last resort would be checking if ICOM via router would complete the job.

Think posting esys log would allow

RE: Motorcycle kombi bricked, anyway to recover? - rossi_0106 - 26-04-2022

(26-04-2022, 06:51 AM)diagso Wrote:  
(26-04-2022, 06:40 AM)rossi_0106 Wrote:  A friend of mine used ista-d 4.33.20 and i-com to program an f900xr motorcycle. When it was about to be completed, the instrument suddenly went black. Now ISTA programmed kombi separately to display a red cross, and kombi displayed a yellow exclamation mark in ESYS. The bike can start, but the screen is black. 

Was the zgw updates before kombi ?

I would start with programing/executing TAL via esys with ENET cable. If is still fails I would consider changing full psdzdata to newer. Last resort would be checking if ICOM via router would complete the job.

Think posting esys log would allow

Thank you for your reply.
He has tried to connect via router and failed to program. I advised him to download the latest psdzdata. I hope it's just a problem of file checksum.

RE: Motorcycle kombi bricked, anyway to recover? - rossi_0106 - 29-04-2022

Every time swfl000051b4 is completed to 100%, an error is reported, and then restart 51b4 in a loop.

RE: Motorcycle kombi bricked, anyway to recover? - diagso - 29-04-2022

(29-04-2022, 02:58 AM)rossi_0106 Wrote:  Every time swfl000051b4 is completed to 100%, an error is reported, and then restart 51b4 in a loop.

Is ISTA claculating same SVT target as esys TAL ? 

At this stage I would really use different set of full PSDZ data. Try via ICOM/ENET (via URL) and if still no progress then only way forward is benching the unit.

RE: Motorcycle kombi bricked, anyway to recover? - rossi_0106 - 30-04-2022

Problem has been solved perfectly. The steps are as follows:
1. Use E-SYS to delete VO (6AB) of TFT instrument
2. Program the whole vehicle completely in ISTA, Of course kombi will report failure at this time
3. Add back the VO of TFT instrument with ESYS
4. Use ISTA whole car programming again, and the instrument finally lights up
Everything goes well now. Hope the experience can give you some ideas.