CarTechnoloGY
ICOM NEXT GENUINE REPAIR - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: ICOM NEXT GENUINE REPAIR (/showthread.php?tid=82192)

Pages: 1 2

ICOM NEXT GENUINE REPAIR - sebastianfernandes - 14-08-2023

Hello
Have a strange issue with my icom next genuine purchased used from dealer not working condition, Updated to latest firmware 4.23.10, then the icom system not booting. System led not coming up, only Lan remains continous on. Dowgrade firmware to 3.15.00 icom is alive and works. copied serial flash and eeprom from working icom with 4.23.10 firmware, changed serial number in eeprom, then usb updated firmware same issue. Update via web interface it says success but firmware image version remains the old version 3.15.00, Update via Ista doesnt start.
Reballed Marvell Arm cpu, Nand, Ram, Smartfusion, same issue. I have ordered bga63 adater to read nand, waiting for it to arrive so i can dump the nand image from a working icom. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Sebastian

RE: ICOM NEXT GENUINE REPAIR - Node - 14-08-2023

ICOM FW 3.x.x is NOT NEXT!!! You CAN'T put NEXT FW onto old ones!!!

What you write makes NO sense. If it's in NEXT case, then it's NOT genuine.

Post pictures of inside and it will be clear whether it's genuine or NEXT.

RE: ICOM NEXT GENUINE REPAIR - sebastianfernandes - 14-08-2023

Sorry my bad its this firmware
ICOM_Next-app-010100.tar
ICOM_Next-rootfs-010100.tar
I have mentioned Marvell Armada 375 Arm cpu/Nand/DDR3 memory/Smartfusion2 its icom next. bought from dealer as not working conditon.
This works perfectly icom boots up works fine. I have firmware update in ISTA but it doenst initiate it. When i update
Via usb or web interface then icom doesnt boot.

RE: ICOM NEXT GENUINE REPAIR - sebastianfernandes - 14-08-2023

Attached pics of the web interface and hardware.

RE: ICOM NEXT GENUINE REPAIR - Exotic_Tastes - 16-08-2023

I actually did the same as a side project, so can relate to your frustration. Unfortunately, I don't have a working ICOM Next to read from.

Did you check for corrosion? I noticed some under my LAN port contact. I washed with isopropyl alcohol, but that didn't help me so my next step is to get a programmer and perform similar steps as you did.

If you need to source parts, there's an US eBay seller that lists the ICOMP Next for very cheap (around $60). Just search for AR10008059. The main boards are almost exactly alike except the diagnostic port is missing. The smaller interface board is much different on the ICOMP Next, but they're compatible and will boot.

RE: ICOM NEXT GENUINE REPAIR - sebastianfernandes - 16-08-2023

Thanks a lot @Exotic_Tastes ordered one from ebay. Waiting on my bga 63 adpter and new nand chips and this icom from ebay ofcourse will post of my progress, also ordered new cpu marvell but was wondering if it would work since i have no way to write boot rom on the new cpu. Anyway its worth a try.. Will update..

RE: ICOM NEXT GENUINE REPAIR - ferrum - 16-08-2023

Did you check the voltages of the components and the operation of the quartz before removing everything? BGA63 will definitely not help you

RE: ICOM NEXT GENUINE REPAIR - sebastianfernandes - 16-08-2023

Yes I did check voltages to cpu, ram, bga63 and smartfusion. Did not check operation of the quartz. Will do that. Thanks ferrum

RE: ICOM NEXT GENUINE REPAIR - ferrum - 16-08-2023

You do not have a processor start and you need to start diagnostics with smartfusion. Nand flash bga63 needs to be soldered clean if you decide to change it and the data in it is restored by a flash drive

RE: ICOM NEXT GENUINE REPAIR - sebastianfernandes - 27-08-2023

Success!!! Replaced old Nand with brand new one and it took firmware update to latest via usb and via web interface.
Now new problem. Wlan card not detected and smartfusion error.
PCIe bus #0 no link detected
PCIe bus #1 no link detected
Try to find the issue…