CarTechnoloGY
BMW F10 LCI RHD to LHD conversion - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: BMW F10 LCI RHD to LHD conversion (/showthread.php?tid=82318)

Pages: 1 2

BMW F10 LCI RHD to LHD conversion - pablito94 - 17-08-2023

Hi everyone.

Has someone of You already done conversion from RHD to LHD ? Only thing I would struggling with is wiring harness.

If anyone done it before - please give me some advice.

Also If anyone interested of it,please let me know so I will post progress of it and I will share my suggestions for someone else.

Cheers.

RE: BMW F10 LCI RHD to LHD conversion - aleksandrw - 18-08-2023

(17-08-2023, 20:57 PM)pablito94 Wrote:  Hi everyone.

Has someone of You already done conversion from RHD to LHD ? Only thing I would struggling with is wiring harness.

Also If anyone interested of it,please let me know so I will post progress of it and I will share my suggestions for someone else.

Cheers.
hello ! i did a few , i used harness from lhd

RE: BMW F10 LCI RHD to LHD conversion - pablito94 - 18-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 11:33 AM)aleksandrw Wrote:  
(17-08-2023, 20:57 PM)pablito94 Wrote:  Hi everyone.

Cheers.
hello ! i did a few , i used harness from lhd

Thanks for reply !
It is very hard to find well equiped wiring harness :/
What have You done when some equipment was missing in LHD harness ?
If You can tell me how hard was to convert F10 to LHD and what was the hardest thing to do I will be appreciated smile if You have some adivce for me before I start would be nice.

RE: BMW F10 LCI RHD to LHD conversion - mdomel - 19-08-2023

The most important thing is the selection of the car's wiring harness. If something isn't there, it just adds up.
The rest is quite simple.
I've made some BMWs from the "F" series

RE: BMW F10 LCI RHD to LHD conversion - pablito94 - 23-08-2023

(19-08-2023, 06:39 AM)mdomel Wrote:  The most important thing is the selection of the car's wiring harness. If something isn't there, it just adds up.
The rest is quite simple.
I've made some BMWs from the "F" series

I already have wiring harness from LHD F10 but unfortunately is not very well equipped - need to take lots of extra system from original harnes to LHD.

Let's cross the fingers !

RE: BMW F10 LCI RHD to LHD conversion - pablito94 - 21-09-2023

Hello again smile

whole interior has been disasembly and numbers of wirings is huge speechless 

Can anybody explain me the reason to install wiring harness from LHD car ? What about missing equipment in this wiring harness compare to RHD from donor car ? In this case the orginall wirings must be split and take extra equpiments (wirings) off and put into the new one ?

To be honest - for me looks like the only changes in wirings is behind  the dash because fuse box and modules in trunk are in the same place as in LHD car.

Any advice from You will be great.

RE: BMW F10 LCI RHD to LHD conversion - pablito94 - 20-10-2023

Hello,

is the interior wiring harness from F02 the same as F10 LCI ?

RE: BMW F10 LCI RHD to LHD conversion - Bagum4uk - 20-10-2023

(20-10-2023, 06:11 AM)pablito94 Wrote:  Hello,

is the interior wiring harness from F02 the same as F10 LCI ?

Of course NO!

RE: BMW F10 LCI RHD to LHD conversion - kola - 20-10-2023

(21-09-2023, 08:19 AM)pablito94 Wrote:  Hello again smile

Can anybody explain me the reason to install wiring harness from LHD car ? What about missing equipment in this wiring harness compare to RHD from donor car ? In this case the orginall wirings must be split and take extra equpiments (wirings) off and put into the new one ?

To be honest - for me looks like the only changes in wirings is behind  the dash because fuse box and modules in trunk are in the same place as in LHD car.

Modules on front car like frm, kafas, cas, junction box, are on other side. Plugs for heater also are in other side. For peace on mind just put lhd wiring harness, rest of equipment just add. F02 qre not the same wiring. It is LCI car or Pre LCI?

RE: BMW F10 LCI RHD to LHD conversion - pablito94 - 20-10-2023

(20-10-2023, 17:29 PM)kola Wrote:  
(21-09-2023, 08:19 AM)pablito94 Wrote:  Hello again smile

Modules on front car like frm, kafas, cas, junction box, are on other side. Plugs for heater also are in other side. For peace on mind just put lhd wiring harness, rest of equipment just add. F02 qre not the same wiring. It is LCI car or Pre LCI?

Hi,

My f10 is LCI model and is very hard to find this wiring harness. I am guessing that wirings from F11 LCI will be the same but it doesn’t make it easier either..