CarTechnoloGY
F10 CIC and "hwInstall" and "hwDeinstall" - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: F10 CIC and "hwInstall" and "hwDeinstall" (/showthread.php?tid=89754)

Pages: 1 2

F10 CIC and "hwInstall" and "hwDeinstall" - zaruljom - 05-03-2024

Hello

Please check the attached and advise how to resolve the issue. It is a left-hand drive imported from Japan to Europe. I was able to flash all modules besides these three which are requesting a HW replacement or smthg. I guess it has been flashed to another region? What would be the workaround? The NAV section in the HU is grayed out and "function not available". FA is coded to Germany. 

Thanks!

RE: F10 CIC and "hwInstall" and "hwDeinstall" - larshutten - 06-03-2024

You need to convert HDD also from Japan to ece before making flash attempt.

RE: F10 CIC and "hwInstall" and "hwDeinstall" - user_530d - 06-03-2024

For hwInstall/hw Deinstall you will find the button "hw from svt_ist". But beware look carefully if btld-id match with the old one.

(05-03-2024, 22:03 PM)zaruljom Wrote:  Hello

Please check the attached and advise how to resolve the issue. It is a left-hand drive imported from Japan to Europe. I was able to flash all modules besides these three which are requesting a HW replacement or smthg. I guess it has been flashed to another region? What would be the workaround? The NAV section in the HU is grayed out and "function not available". FA is coded to Germany. 

Thanks!

RE: F10 CIC and "hwInstall" and "hwDeinstall" - zaruljom - 06-03-2024

(06-03-2024, 06:36 AM)larshutten Wrote:  It would be best if you HDD also from Japan to ece before making flash attempt.

Thanks, checking it out. As I understand I just need to clone the HDD externally with F-series ECE image. I have e60 ECE image, will it also do the thing?

(06-03-2024, 07:16 AM)user_530d Wrote:  For hwInstall/hw Deinstall you will find the button "hw from svt_ist". But beware look carefully if btld-id match with the old one.

Actually I did "hw from svt_ist" too, but honestly I did not pay much attention to the btld-id. I think it did not flash the btld at all once I picked the "hw from svt_ist".

RE: F10 CIC and "hwInstall" and "hwDeinstall" - user_530d - 06-03-2024

(06-03-2024, 07:18 AM)zaruljom Wrote:  Actually I did "hw from svt_ist" too, but honestly I did not pay much attention to the btld-id. I think it did not flash the btld at all once I picked the "hw from svt_ist".

If you have used this button correctly you have no hwinstall/hwdeinstall in TAL.

RE: F10 CIC and "hwInstall" and "hwDeinstall" - zaruljom - 06-03-2024

(06-03-2024, 08:37 AM)user_530d Wrote:  If you have used this button correctly you have no hwinstall/hwdeinstall in TAL.

Yep, correct. I did not have those. It flashed till the end (~31min) but finished with an error message (attached).
I will now clone the HDD and see if the NAV becomes active.

RE: F10 CIC and "hwInstall" and "hwDeinstall" - zaruljom - 07-03-2024

Here's the update. Cloning ECE image to the HDD revived the Navigation (asked for an activation code). Actually, everything is working as expected, but there is a discrepancy in the software. ESYS/ISTA is complaining about the "hardware difference". Initially, a CAFD wasn't present for the CIC, so I injected it and VO coded it, but then it wasn't able to calculate TAL. Please check the attached images and advise if you have any ideas; maybe there is an easy way to overcome this little obstacle.

RE: F10 CIC and "hwInstall" and "hwDeinstall" - Bakica - 07-03-2024

What esys version are you using?

RE: F10 CIC and "hwInstall" and "hwDeinstall" - DEJMIEN - 07-03-2024

You cannot code the CIC with the original FA from JPN, as you have already changed the VO to ECE and flashed the hu with the ECE file. Use modified VO, where you are exactly? for the correct coding your hu. 
You need to remove from VO 807 and 852.

RE: F10 CIC and "hwInstall" and "hwDeinstall" - zaruljom - 07-03-2024

Yeah I came to understanding that the FA is the key here. Do I need to remove 807 and 852 completely from FA?
I'm using ESYS 3.30.1

What would be the correct sequence of updating the CIC?