CarTechnoloGY
LR Discovery 3 - 2008 - IPC Programming - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: DASHBOARD (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: LR Discovery 3 - 2008 - IPC Programming (/showthread.php?tid=90497)

LR Discovery 3 - 2008 - IPC Programming - arturjfonseca - 24-03-2024

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to programm a Instrument Cluster on the following car:

Land Rover Discovery 3 - 2008 - L319

Replaced the eeprom on the new (used) cluster with the original one, and installed it to the car.

As expected, the PCM assumed the VIN number from the new cluster.

I'm using JLR SDD v163, and tried everything since programming a new module to programm an existing module, but always get the same error (image attached).

Already downloaded all vbf files to this car, and tried with 2 different laptops, and always the same error... It doesn't matter if I try to programm cluster or PCM or TCM, I always get the same error.

[img][Image: LR3.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: LR3-2.jpg][/img]

Have anybody experienced this as well? Any solutions or ideas to where to go?

Right now I'm dowloading all availabe vbf's from Land Rover/Range Rover as they all share modules.

Best regards.
AF

RE: LR Discovery 3 - 2008 - IPC Programming - toutou_gsm - 25-03-2024

(24-03-2024, 23:39 PM)arturjfonseca Wrote:  Hi everyone.

I'm trying to programm a Instrument Cluster on the following car:

Land Rover Discovery 3 - 2008 - L319

Replaced the eeprom on the new (used) cluster with the original one, and installed it to the car.

As expected, the PCM assumed the VIN number from the new cluster.

I'm using JLR SDD v163, and tried everything since programming a new module to programm an existing module, but always get the same error (image attached).

Already downloaded all vbf files to this car, and tried with 2 different laptops, and always the same error... It doesn't matter if I try to programm cluster or PCM or TCM, I always get the same error.

[img][Image: LR3.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: LR3-2.jpg][/img]

Have anybody experienced this as well? Any solutions or ideas to where to go?

Right now I'm dowloading all availabe vbf's from Land Rover/Range Rover as they all share modules.

Best regards.
AF

change the j2534 you use,better use a vci as passthru like vcm2 or MDI

also can be a bad patch applied to SDD

RE: LR Discovery 3 - 2008 - IPC Programming - arturjfonseca - 10-04-2024

Ok, so after getting a Mongoose JLR, I was able to program the replacement cluster with original eeprom soldered.

Everything went fine but at the end the odometer shows 999 999, and not the 164k it was showing during the programming.

What a f*****ing nightmare this car as become.

Does anyone know the solution for this?

RE: LR Discovery 3 - 2008 - IPC Programming - arturjfonseca - 12-04-2024

I really need help to solve this issue...