CarTechnoloGY
BDC Body Not seen after wrong coding - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CARRADIO / NAVIGATION (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: BDC Body Not seen after wrong coding (/showthread.php?tid=90531)

BDC Body Not seen after wrong coding - naderlouis - 25-03-2024

Hi guys, I have a customer that edited the custom hex values incorrectly in the BDC, this resulted in BDC Body not seen at all on esys. You can hear BDC Clicks inside the car. BDC GW responds properly, BDC_BODY no response either by esys or tool32. Did anyone face this issue before. (PS: I know its most probably dead)
Car doesn't start, lock, lights always on

RE: BDC Body Not seen after wrong coding - Node - 25-03-2024

Not responding using ENET or ICOM (DCAN)??? No one bothers to provide CRUCIAL information about WHAT EXACTLY they are doing... IMHO you use ENET and your BDC would respond normally to ICOM over DCAN.

P.S. If not normally, at least you can 99.9% fix it over DCAN (by changing power state to normal)!

RE: BDC Body Not seen after wrong coding - naderlouis - 25-03-2024

(25-03-2024, 16:52 PM)Node Wrote:  Not responding using ENET or ICOM (DCAN)??? No one bothers to provide CRUCIAL information about WHAT EXACTLY they are doing... IMHO you use ENET and your BDC would respond normally to ICOM over DCAN.

P.S. If not normally, at least you can 99.9% fix it over DCAN (by changing power state to normal)!

Using Enet

RE: BDC Body Not seen after wrong coding - Node - 25-03-2024

Then use PROPER tools and you will have no problem fixing it.

RE: BDC Body Not seen after wrong coding - naderlouis - 26-03-2024

(25-03-2024, 20:44 PM)Node Wrote:  Then use PROPER tools and you will have no problem fixing it.

Car doesn't go on ignition, doesn't start, no gateway connection now.
I PM'd you for help

RE: BDC Body Not seen after wrong coding - CATAHA - 26-03-2024

Sometimes it's better to hold your breath then to act insignificant. 

(25-03-2024, 20:44 PM)Node Wrote:  Then use PROPER tools and you will have no problem fixing it.

RE: BDC Body Not seen after wrong coding - Node - 26-03-2024

(26-03-2024, 19:05 PM)CATAHA Wrote:  Sometimes it's better to hold your breath then to act insignificant. 

My reply was at a time when last information was that gateway connection is alive. And we still don't know what car/chassis this is.

RE: BDC Body Not seen after wrong coding - naderlouis - 27-03-2024

(26-03-2024, 19:08 PM)Node Wrote:  
(26-03-2024, 19:05 PM)CATAHA Wrote:  Sometimes it's better to hold your breath then to act insignificant. 

My reply was at a time when last information was that gateway connection is alive. And we still don't know what car/chassis this is.

Gateway connection is on, G30 Bmw

RE: BDC Body Not seen after wrong coding - Node - 27-03-2024

G30 can 99.9% be fixed over DCAN as it's BDC2. You got PM yesterday.