Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

EGR off, MotronicM1.5.5, Help Please
05-07-2018, 13:25 PM,
1GM  EGR off, MotronicM1.5.5, Help Please
Hello community!!

There's this Opel Corsa B 1.0 12v (X10XE) with a bad EGR valve (super expensive BTW, replacement isn't an option), that was throwing a p0403, all the time.
The amount of study material on these units, MOTRONIC M1.5.5, is very scarce.
So after a considerable amount of research I believe that I erased said code a other related to the EGR, however, now I have a P0000 and MIL is on.

If someone could shed some light on the subject I would be very gratefull.

In attachment goes the original file and a modded one.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files
Motronic.rar
File Type: .rar
Downloaded: 6 times
Size: 99.83 KB

Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2018, 13:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2018, 13:59 PM by dil6222.)
RE: EGR off, MotronicM1.5.5, Help Please
Hello does engine light stay on after starting ? P0000
Is gm code to say that Everything is ok no faults found and usually comes up because engine is not running not usually a problem smile my vectra b does this when not running because no crank signal engine light stays on until you start engine then should go out let me know smile from what I remember any Vauxhall that ecu light stays on dash until start will flag this code.

under If mine or others posts and info are helpful please give thanks/rep smile yes
05-07-2018, 14:08 PM,
(05-07-2018, 13:56 PM)dil6222 Wrote:  Hello does engine light stay on after starting ? P0000
Is gm code to say that Everything is ok no faults found and usually comes up because engine is not running not usually a problem smile my vectra b does this when not running because no crank signal engine light stays on until you start engine then should go out let me know smile

The car runs fine!
No problem at all, not even a stutter.
I had access to 3 diagnostic tools, because I thought that it was mine that was miss-reading, but they all presented the same result: P0000-(no error found) and MIL is always on.
I clean the dtc with the tool, start the car and The MIL stays off for about 15 seconds, after which it comes back on.
It's the same behaviour with either the EGR pluged in or not. The difference being that with said valve working I have a very, very rough idle and hesitation under acceleration!
05-07-2018, 14:22 PM,
(05-07-2018, 14:08 PM)jmjf1977 Wrote:  
(05-07-2018, 13:56 PM)dil6222 Wrote:  Hello does engine light stay on after starting ? P0000
Is gm code to say that Everything is ok no faults found and usually comes up because engine is not running not usually a problem smile my vectra b does this when not running because no crank signal engine light stays on until you start engine then should go out let me know smile

The car runs fine!
No problem at all, not even a stutter.
I had access to 3 diagnostic tools, because I thought that it was mine that was miss-reading, but they all presented the same result: P0000-(no error found) and MIL is always on.
I clean the dtc with the tool, start the car and The MIL stays off for about 15 seconds, after which it comes back on.
It's the same behaviour with either the EGR pluged in or not. The difference being that with said valve working I have a very, very rough idle and hesitation under acceleration!

Did you try scanning with opcom if you have it try that smile will better than normal scantool so the p0000 fault is half working as it should but mil light should go out bear with me and I will try dtc remove for that code smile

under If mine or others posts and info are helpful please give thanks/rep smile yes
[+] 2 users say Thank You to dil6222 for this post
05-07-2018, 16:13 PM,
(05-07-2018, 14:22 PM)dil6222 Wrote:  Did you try scanning with opcom if you have it try that smile will better than normal scantool so the p0000 fault is half working as it should but mil light should go out bear with me and I will try dtc remove for that code smile

Nope, opcom was not one of them.
I'll continue investigating this matter in the meantime.

Thank you for showing interest in the matter handshake
[+] 2 users say Thank You to jmjf1977 for this post
06-07-2018, 16:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2018, 17:04 PM by dil6222.)
(05-07-2018, 16:13 PM)jmjf1977 Wrote:  
(05-07-2018, 14:22 PM)dil6222 Wrote:  Did you try scanning with opcom if you have it try that smile will better than normal scantool so the p0000 fault is half working as it should but mil light should go out bear with me and I will try dtc remove for that code smile

Nope, opcom was not one of them.
I'll continue investigating this matter in the meantime.

Thank you for showing interest in the matter handshake

Hello what version of Winrar did you make that archive with as its seems corrupt please check it smile

And in regards to the p0000 fault code i did some more research it seems that you can get p0000 fault code when using incapable scantools and also it won't reset and clear the fault code correctly due to this. Opcom faslink m1 or m2 or elm327 wired version should work. What scantools did you use to read? smile.

Also when you clear dtc try unplug tool cycle ignition and then start.

06-07-2018, 23:23 PM,
Opens fine in hex editor for me, but I have the latest Zip.

If someone took the time to help you, the least you can do is take a few seconds and press two buttons! 

Thanks [Image: tyl_add.png] + [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] reputation.
[+] 4 users say Thank You to Clusters for this post
07-07-2018, 14:10 PM,
(06-07-2018, 23:23 PM)Clusters Wrote:  Opens fine in hex editor for me, but I have the latest Zip.

hello clusters Lovely I'll check i should think my winrar probably needs updating smile

[+] 2 users say Thank You to dil6222 for this post