Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

How to read/write NBTevo dump?
02-03-2023, 11:37 AM,
How to read/write NBTevo dump?
Can any1 provide a tutorial, how to read/write a dump file for NBTevo?
that would be awesome
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2023, 19:52 PM,
RE: How to read/write NBTevo dump?
(02-03-2023, 11:37 AM)Airbus Wrote:  Can any1 provide a tutorial, how to read/write a dump file for NBTevo?
that would be awesome

I think you can search and gather all the information you need, but I'll try my best to help you with dumping. Writing is another story.

I have very limited knowledge about NBT Evo, so I might be wrong, but take your chances.

If you have a functional unit, ssh or telnet to it and you can dump each chip as it is within the unit (cat, cp, dd).
You have the following chips which contain some data in which you might or not be interested. For example I like to dump my data on it's hdd and then hook that to a qnx machine and take the data from there, as it's speed isn't great.

On OMAP5: 
- EMMC nand (mounted via secure digital controller, you can dump this using the above method or on board hooking to the pads. I would suggest pogo pins so you won't rip the pads off. A card reader is sufficient for this and using 4 data lines will read/write pretty fast)
- Flash via SPI (get it from /dev/fs0 or make a custom board to hook it to a eeprom programmer. Note it is BGA and it's working voltage is 1.8v. It has abound 64Mb - 8MB)
- HDD (You shouldn't dump this one...)

On Jacinto:
- NOR Flash (/dev/fs0, it has several partitions, some are mountable, some not. This contains a IFS. Usually you don't have business with this guy but for your info, it's another BGA, it has around 1Gb-128MB and I don't know if there are pads for it or reballing is needed. Personally I've reballed mine, I don't mind as it's not overkill)

On the other side of the pond, Renesas and the eeprom
- You have 95640 ST EEPROM. This contains cafd and some other data. Again not great, not terrible, you shouldn't have business with this one. You can use a EEPROM reader, cheap 5$, read it, have fun with it. It supports 5v. It's tssop8 so it's tiny.
- Renesas mcu (v850 in popular terms) you can dump data from it by using utilities existing on evo or by hooking to the board. For this you need a programmer, VVDI, Xprog, whatever your choice might be. (Usually people mess with this one as this contain some information that might be useful to whatever the case may be, adjust, flash, etc)
- On models with GPS you have another little eeprom, which stores the configuration for the UBlox chip, this was dismantled and teared apart in another thread here on forum. You should leave that alone.

Boards are paired so some chips contains some data about this pairing. That's another discussion. Remember which board is from which EVO, if you wanna go full force dismantling all HW revisions.

I know, not much information, but I tried to make a summary for you, not knowing from where you start. If you want to start a business repairing those, a little bit to the party. Try to understand what you do and don't throw random procedures to the unit without knowing who is dependent on who or what does what. (Personally I break them, I don't repair them)

Pinouts you will find along the way on our good friend Google. Tutorials more or less.

I like Objective-C

https://bmwevofix.com EVO Ram upgrade, gps, NAND, NOR, etc...
Reputation: +4 - Mwahab [+1] , Semi14 [+1] , xxxjecxxx [+1] , TheNine90 [+1]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users say Thank You to walkernight88 for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW FRM 6 series F series Dump needed. that4chanhacker 18 540 10-06-2024, 23:31 PM
Last Post: that4chanhacker
XZBMW BMW MD1/MG1 ISN Extractor from EEPROM Dump Czozen 42 9,079 10-06-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: brynllwynog2
  BMW MD1cs001 extract isn from e dump vlad33 1 129 05-06-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Fatalix
XZBMW Tool for bench read 8hp Garryq 10 2,036 03-06-2024, 20:05 PM
Last Post: Vladica
XZBMW LM2 e83 dump majidonline 4 117 21-05-2024, 06:41 AM
Last Post: dmxpowa
XZBMW Bmw explorer msd80 isn read out bench? xMoses 9 867 30-04-2024, 01:07 AM
Last Post: that4chanhacker
XZBMW Winkfp cannot read uif MPTeam 7 272 27-04-2024, 19:07 PM
Last Post: MPTeam
XZBMW Manual : How to Flash Any NBTevo ID4 to ID5 or ID6 ECE/US/ASIA FSCmap 184 54,728 24-04-2024, 14:49 PM
Last Post: Bag3ban1
  Coapi 2062 trying to FA WRITE GoNz0- 2 164 19-04-2024, 18:22 PM
Last Post: GoNz0-
XZBMW BMW 420i B48 (2018) EEPROM/full dump lagunasec 2 194 17-04-2024, 17:07 PM
Last Post: lagunasec