Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Bricked SID208
16-05-2024, 20:00 PM,
Bricked SID208
Hi, 
Customer brought me bricked SID208. It's a long story, but he got it from some other workshop. His original ECU is not available, as it was supposedly dead and was thrown into a garbage bin by previous workshop. 
So customer brought me dead SID208, BSI and keys to make it work. 
I believe that the ECU was badly flashed, and is not working anymore. But the main problem is, I don't have original file from it. I can't read MCU password for it, so It's impossible to read/write. I can only see MCU ID, but I'm not sure if that can help.
The main question is, is this ECU recoverable ? Or is it just plain garbage right now ? I would like to recover it, as those units are quite expensive and customer already paid some big money. He will get another one if that's the only way, but if it can be done, I'd like to help the guy to finally start the car
Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2024, 21:01 PM,
RE: Bricked SID208
You can try in boot mode
17-05-2024, 08:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 17-05-2024, 08:41 AM by Sweaty.)
(16-05-2024, 21:01 PM)Stopro92 Wrote:  You can try in boot mode

Won't read. I tried with all the tools in boot mode. I can see MCU ID, every tool says that internal flash and eeprom are read protected but nothing will read the password. is it possible to write without password ? Maybe I can write correct software to make it start the engine ?
17-05-2024, 09:44 AM,
If you have the right software, you can try to write without identification, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, all in all, you don't lose anything since the ecu was flashed badly anyway.
17-05-2024, 10:07 AM,
Hello
have you tried with pcmflash modules 60 su 53?
17-05-2024, 17:54 PM,
It won't let me write even in boot mode. Every tool says that MCU is locked and I need password. So I suppose it will be impossible to recover the ECU. I'll tell customer to look for second unit and I will adapt it for him

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
PCitroen sid208 problems KRIKOCAR 1 608 25-06-2022, 00:01 AM
Last Post: Diagmaister