Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Anyone who's willing to help a neewby with WIS?
16-05-2017, 12:29 PM,
Anyone who's willing to help a neewby with WIS?
Hi,

usually Im in the BMW forum, but next week I'll have an MB in my workshop for replacing the automatic gearbox ECU.

I figured out that I need WIS, which seems to be equal to the BMW repair instructions I use every day.

But I heard of some installation problems or/and registration keys I have to get in order to run the program?!

Anyone who can guide me to a link for the software and a short how to for running it.

As I said, I'm a complete MB virgin biggrin

Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advanceyes

Hit Thanks and Reputation button if this post helped you.
Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2017, 13:20 PM,
RE: Anyone who's willing to help a neewby with WIS?
I recommend installing both the latest versions of WIS and EPC (parts catalog), because EPC gives you the data cards which has all of the options the car originally came with. Without EPC, the data cards won't be available in WIS. Get the latest full versions, currently 04.2017. I'd install WIS first, as it takes the least time. Virtually mount the disc images in the files, and open the disk with the "b" in the name. Open the start.html in IE, and follow the directions.

Once installed, go to the file menu and open EWA Admin Tool, and click on the Startkey tab. Copy the MAC address listed there, and ask for the Startkey for EWA and EPC WITH data cards in the thread dedicated for them. Someone will reply in a few hours. Copy and paste the two Startkeys into the spaces in the admin tab, hit Save, ok, and "valid" and "local" installation boxes should be checked. Number of users thould be 1 or greater, and Valid until should be way in the future.
Now go to the WIS tab, click on Update database, and the WIS database will be entered.

Then mount the EPC disks, click on the EPC tab, and Update the EPC database. The EPC database is huge, and takes a long time to load, sometimes hours. On a computer with limited harddrive space, I put it on a SD card that I leave in the computer all the time. If you don't have enough space on your hard drive for the database(s), it will give you the option to load it to another disk. Use at least a 64gb SD card.

Once both databases are loaded, restart the computer. Go to the Start menu, and open the EWA program. You need to open it in IE. Use admin and 12345 as the user and password. Once the main page opens, it ought to show the icons for EPC and WIS.

First open the menu item on the left side of the screen Admin>Workshop. Select whatever country you are from and save. The click Admin>Group. Click on "Permission Group for the Server administrator". In the resulting Window, click on the buttons for "As workshop access authorization" for both EPC and WIS. Click Save.

On the left side of the page, click on the menu Programs, and make sure both EPC and WIS open.

That's it!

If you have problems, always start with the EWA admin tool. All 4 stoplights on the first page should be green. If not try and restart them on the appropriate tabs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
[+] 4 users say Thank You to jal1234 for this post
17-05-2017, 21:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 17-05-2017, 21:36 PM by KaiO.)
Thanks for your help.
I managed to install everything and all 4 lights are green in EWA admin.

But when I open the EWA programm with IE the user "admin" and the pass "12345" are not valid. I can't log in...?

EDIT:

okay, after a few attempts I found out that the pass is "admin", too.
I changed it, because it expired.
Now I can log in, but how to start WIS or EPC? There are no icons, just the feedback icon...

EDIT 2:after giving permissions to the workshop, the two icons for EPC and WIS showed up.

18-05-2017, 03:41 AM,
Great! You're in! Entering a valid VIN should make the data cards available, if you got an EPC key that allows it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
18-05-2017, 03:46 AM,
Yeah, everything is working!
Thanks again

[+] 2 users say Thank You to KaiO for this post