Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Original XHORSE MVCI 3 IN 1 Up To what Model Year
03-05-2016, 21:52 PM,
RE: Original XHORSE MVCI 3 IN 1 Up To what Model Year
(03-05-2016, 20:37 PM)apoelistas Wrote:  Mine works with all modules. Do you have the original X-horse 3 in 1 cable??? Mine looks exactly like the cable in the previous post by BMWF01 . If your cable can work fine in windows xp 32bit it must be a problem with your driver installation. Otherwise you dont have the original X-horse 3 in 1 hardware. Try installing HDS, then run the .exe hack then install driver 1.4.8.

Do you have the 32 bit or the 64 bit?? My X-horse is better than HIM and much faster and does everything though for ECU module updates I use the HONDA J2534 passthru utility because I was not able to update the modules otherwise. This is the only shortcoming, which as I said there is a workaround with the HONDA J2534 passthru utility (latest database for the 5 module updates is April 2016).

I am happy with X-horse though I have spent few days to make it work 100% with both HDS diagnostic and module updates.For me this is as good as a professional tool. However if you have a 64 bit operating system then you will have a problem or if you live in Europe, you have to choose USA version as X-horse can work if recognized as GNA600.

The European Version does not work with X-horse only with HIM unless you can reprogram X-horse driver, which is difficult unless you are lucky enough to make X-horse recognized as a new entity.

I dont have a problem with X-horse since I was one of the lucky people who have made X-horse work with x64 bit. I am not allowed to publish this driver since Chinese X-horse manufacturers did not make the 1.4.8 firmware available to me when I asked it from them thus I am returning the favor with the same hospitality. As a penalty they will have to pay for their mistake in order to get the driver.

X-horse 3 in 1 original hardware, is not the best due to non existing support. However with proper support, this hardware is worth much more than what is currently selling.

NO I DO NOT HAVE X-horse interface
Only Snap-On PassThru J2534 among others
It does not matter for ME whether i'll be using 32 or 64bit, XP/7/8/8.1/10 since i will use it ONLY in VMWARE
I guess i made something unclear....
Let try this one more time.....
I would like to buy HIM/HID or X-horse interface but i DO NOT like to end-up seeing only ECU/TCU when i need to do diagnostics or other related work on the spot, since i already used j2534 interface and end-up only seeing/working with 2 modules and not able to clear a lights for simple as airbags or other modules
I do not want to invest alot onto Diag Equipment for HONDA/Acura since it's going to be used once or twice a year and NOT on new cars that's why i was looking for HIM/HID/X-Horse interface (most likely it's going to end-up been a clone version(s))
I DO NOT CARE what Windows OS version it works or not but it would be great to know what os's will it work with and it's behavior
My Major is NOT in programing but rather in networking Cisco mainly (CCNA/CCNP/CCNAS/CCNAW/CCDA/CCDP)

If any of my posts or current one helps then don't forget to press thanks and add a reputation thankyou
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2016, 22:13 PM,
RE: Original XHORSE MVCI 3 IN 1 Up To what Model Year
1. I dont have HIM
2. I have X-horse 3 in 1 original.
3. X-horse is using a fast usb port.
4. HIM is using a slow serial port on your computer, if you have one.
5. Make sure you buy the original 1.4.8 firmware 3 in 1 X-horse hardware in case you choose x-horse
6. X-Horse 3 in 1 does passthru too using j2535 interface using the Honda ECU/modules update utility (latest database April 2016)

You can install windows XP in a virtual environment (VMWARE). X-horse 3 in 1 will work fine (choose market USA and GNA600 because GNA600 is not supported with European market). The USA market works fine with European cars too.
With HIM you can choose EUROPEAN MARKET since HIM is supported.

The choice is yours.

I dont know if I answered you question. In case I did not, maybe another member can give you a better reply, as my experience is not on a professional basis. I am an end user.

Forgot to mention, if you buy HIM buy a double board only.

If you like my post press [Image: postbit_thx.gif] If my post has resolved your issue press [Image: postbit_reputation.gif]

Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users say Thank You to apoelistas for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XHorse Mini-VCi Driver-- torrent TiK-TaK 12 16,751 12-10-2019, 22:05 PM
Last Post: MZ2711
RHonda Honda HDS for clones and Original Interface kojoantwi 4 1,907 04-09-2019, 15:12 PM
Last Post: jerome110383
  HDS 3.012.023 SPX-MVCI-Immo+No Lockout Video TizWoz 12 8,269 30-04-2019, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Tony023
  HDS 3.017.012 GNA600 + HIM + SPX + XHORSE + J2534 Inspector_Gadget 45 26,426 29-04-2017, 14:47 PM
Last Post: apoelistas
  MVCI Problem Renopower 3 2,527 24-06-2016, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Renopower
RHonda Need help with Honda Jazz 2014 Model, TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring Sensors) Waliduk 1 1,642 30-03-2016, 13:59 PM
Last Post: IM6
  Honda MVCI Kit Honda Modular Vehicle Communications Interface ABD Jeffrey 2 1,784 22-08-2014, 09:51 AM
Last Post: auto2000