Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Solved ✔ KIA PRIDE HIGH INTENSITY REAR FOG LIGHT FAILURE
14-12-2015, 00:34 AM,
WKIA  KIA PRIDE HIGH INTENSITY REAR FOG LIGHT FAILURE
Hi just thought i would pass on this solution to a high intensity rear fog light fault on a Kia Pride which came into me for an MOT.

The fuse was checked and subsequently found to be failed. When replaced the fog light was operated and immediately failed again. The rear light cluster and localised wiring loom were checked for any problems and then a trace of the relevant circuit using the available wiring diagram.Such a basic MOT repair was fast becoming not just a time consumer but a schedule killer for the the workshop. Something made me realise there was something else missing so i got back into the car shut the door and then I noticed the interior light was inoperative, the light assembly was removed and I replaced the fog light fuse. The interior light came to life, so the fog light was tested and hey presto we have a result.A little further investigation revealed the cause.The exposed contacts of the interior light showed some arc damage caused by contact with the roof skin. This only occurred because the light had been removed for some workshop procedure and replaced upside down causing the direct short. The shared relay primary supply with the high intensity fog roped that in as well. A very simple and very easily made mistake that without a lucky break and observation might have lead to a lot of unnecessary rewirirng

NILOC888
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
WHyundai Check engine light robby12 2 1,235 31-01-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: robby12
WKIA Kia carnival 2014 3.5l high idle when shift to D or R robby12 0 1,246 03-10-2016, 22:07 PM
Last Post: robby12