Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

DiagBox 8.xx Upgrade & How to Update
09-03-2016, 18:28 PM,
RE: DiagBox 8.xx Upgrade & How to Update
The hardware sounds fine if 32 bit XP or 7 is installed with drivers.
I just reviewed all your answers quickly and did not glimpse that the XP PRO version you are installing is actually 32 bit, I assume it is..

P.S. I just found a simple workaround to successfully install on VirtualBox..
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Simple for this post
09-03-2016, 19:16 PM,
Yes xp pro 32 bit, i'm now reinstalling windows and i'll try again and let you know. I only have that one laptop for diag stuff as my other laptop is windows 10 64 bit and it hates running a virtual machine on it, dunno why but it is stupidly slow when doing virtual machines
12-03-2016, 08:43 AM,
Right reinstalled fresh xp pro 32 bit java and .net and vc2008 got diagbox 8.01 installed and working fine ( even plugged it into car and it was working) but then closed it and tried to reopen it and It came up with same error as before ( an error has occurred (2) etc etc )
12-03-2016, 09:29 AM,
Well, it obviously works on your computer, you need to keep it working... Did you try running the activation again after the error?
Also, did you try without installing Java or VC++? Uninstalling and reinstalling VC++ seems to generate errors on some platforms..

I had the same issue as yours when installing on VirtualBox, it froze before the activation, I then killed the installation process, activated and restarted DiagBox, it would finish successfully, but if you restart it it would get error 2. The workaround was to kill the process after the freeze, then restart DiagBox to complete whatever it needed to do, it will ask for activation, then close it and activate, then restart DiagBox again to continue the installation. This sorted the issue.

So, when you are presented with Activation request, close DiagBox then restart it again from the icon on the desktop, it will request the activation again, then close it and activate and continue the installation process.

Please reread this post and try to find the reasons:
http://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=13539
It may be that your installation process was incomplete, somehow!!
12-03-2016, 09:59 AM,
Yes have tried the activation tool again and still same error
I installed java and vc before installing 7.01 so haven't tried without

no freeze on mine worked fine last night right till I closed the program then after it closed I tried to reopen and got this error
12-03-2016, 10:17 AM,
I don't know what is changing in your computer between the time it finishes installation and restarting?? But something is happening in your hardware platform!!

If you want to know exactly what it is (this will take you time).. restart the computer and rename AWRoot to AWRoot8 and rename AWRoot7 to AWRoot and restart DiagBox.. if it restarts fine, you know where to search..

Go inside AWRoot and rename a directory at a time (like bin for example) to (bin7 and copy from AWRoot8 the bin folder to AWRoot and restart again.. and so on... Notice that you will need to restart the computer after each starting of DiagBox as some files/directories may still be opened and may not be renamed/copied properly.

However, if you still have the problem after the above process, then your problem is in the APP directory.. follow a similar elimination process..

Then write how did you sort it so that others can learn,

Regards,
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Simple for this post
12-03-2016, 21:31 PM,
Right mr simple I may have news for you chap..... read the other post and been playing about with the laptop most of the day

the only thing I hadn't done is the version.ini file, so I uninstalled 8.01 and reinstalled it, did activation tool and let it install itself ( it reported as it was 8.01) then closed it ( had to wait a while for it to close) then go into version.ini put the ; in where ur other post said and opened it again and it was fine but reporting 7.6x,

tried your update to 8.02 and it installed and it reported 8.02 and closed it opened it again and got the error again, looked in version.ini and it was without ; again, tried to re do the activation tool again but and it did change the version file but it kept coming up with that error so uninstalled 8.xx again reinstalled 8.01 edited the file version.ini, then did the update opened the program let it do its installing internet update bit it came up as 8.02 again so closed it and edited the file again, then opened diagbox and it was reporting 7.something and was working. also have done the other updates in same way, and it is now working on 8.17/7.81

so it looks like on my machine for some reason after each update I have to edit that file so it reports the 7.xx version or it comes up with that error.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to lurchy666 for this post
12-03-2016, 22:17 PM,
Well done lurchy666, I am sorry it took this much heartache, but you got results at last.. In any case, Lexia would not run with DiagBox reporting Version 8.xx and it needs to be set to v7.xx.

So, for those who get "Error 2", don't forget to comment Version 8.xx in "C:\AWRoot\bin\fi\version.ini".. Also, you don't need to reinstall, just run the activation and edit the "version.ini" file to the appropriate "DiagBox v7.xx".

I am sure you are delighted with your achievement, well done and you deserve to be proud..
[+] 6 users say Thank You to Simple for this post
08-04-2016, 02:00 AM,
Hi Simple.
Explain please, than from Simple updatings differ from updatings from Maitresox? Unless it not one and too? Only establishing updatings from Maitresox are not necessary what " shamanistic dances with tambourines". It is not required to rename anything as at you (APP and AWRoot). At start Lexia activation DiagBox as at you does not fly. Has simply put updatings from Maitresox and rejoice lives. And at you as that all is difficult. Explain for what your works?
08-04-2016, 03:41 AM,
@Chingishan,
I am sorry, I don't understand the question.

I have tried to learn "Googlish" for some time, but I find it hard, the Crammer is difficult. I think it is old age..

I hope some one can take the liberty and answer the question.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSA Diagbox VCI Interfaces alexturbo 18 6,458 27-12-2023, 21:45 PM
Last Post: apol
PPeugeot DIAGBOX 2021 9.85 FULL INSTALATION akli 6 2,537 26-12-2023, 20:21 PM
Last Post: Le-Mans
PCitroen DIAGBOX online walczaklu 10 8,544 03-12-2023, 12:57 PM
Last Post: mattydr67
  DiagBox 7+Updates+Firmware+Drivers+Tools (Magnet) Simple 33 35,303 22-11-2023, 06:16 AM
Last Post: Jeppo
PPeugeot Diagbox 9.129 activation request dadoa4 4 2,349 09-11-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: bovhec
  diagbox 9.150 stasi 5 2,046 16-09-2023, 19:41 PM
Last Post: stasi
  DiagBox Language Change Simple 16 17,333 14-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: żarówka
  2011 Peugeot 207 1.4 hdi ECU update for P1490 fix jamesworts 5 420 13-09-2023, 21:06 PM
Last Post: jamesworts
  DIAGBOX help needed installing mars2moon 4 997 23-07-2023, 18:45 PM
Last Post: J415UNNY
PPeugeot Diagbox 9.91 VmWare gabi2008 6 4,178 23-07-2023, 18:42 PM
Last Post: J415UNNY