Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Solved ✔ F23 First Time Coding - Issues with updating i-Level View
05-03-2016, 13:52 PM,
XZBMW  F23 First Time Coding - Issues with updating i-Level View
Hey All,

Am so new to this and totally out of my depth! I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on an issue I've run into.

I've got a Windows Laptop set up with ISTA-P 3.57.4.003 & BMW ISTA-P Loader V4.4. I have use this along with an ENET to OBD connector I bought online.

I connect up, start ISTA-P loader, fire up the ENET ICOM emulator and enter the vehicle IP, start ISTA-P and it all fires up and finds the car etc.

Upon first look around with the software I thought I'd get started with updating the i-level on all the modules, it all looked pretty simple and straightforward and I felt this would be a good place to start before making changes to things - My ultimate goal I guess is to alter a few very minor items like mirrors etc. I was hoping the update to the i-level would stop an annoying issue with bluetooth disconnecting randomly during calls.

Everything went fine except for what appears to be the two items on what appears to be the MOST bus? HU/RAD (NBT) & KOMBI. Was a bit of a s**t your pants experience with lots of flashing lights and things moving etc during the update but everything else was fine.

I'm now stuck and can't seem to update those two modules. Everything in the car is working fine except for connected drive no longer connects to the internet, interestingly the locate vehicle option in the app, along with remote works, just not internet features. I was hoping this would be fixed if I can update the i-level of HU/RAD & KOMBI.

The car is an M235i 2015 (F23) convertible.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I've got the printouts before and after the coding if that helps.

Thanks
Dan
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2016, 14:44 PM,
RE: F23 First Time Coding - Issues with updating i-Level View
Hi,

Its a well known fault related to ISTA P
Look this thread:
http://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.ph...hlight=nbt

You can try creating a DHCP server into your pc, in order to update those ecus
Here you can download the virtual router
http://www.dhcpserver.de/cms/

Hope it helps
05-03-2016, 14:53 PM,
Hi Jaramillo,

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

I notice that a lot of people in that thread mention they are using ECOM. I'm using an ECOM emulator and an Ethernet to obd cable.

I tried using a physical router last night between the car and computer and did a scan of the network but the car doesn't appear to getting an IP or showing up in the emulator.

Any ideas?

Dan
05-03-2016, 15:00 PM,
Fx82 wrote this:

"Just add a router and connect the icom to it and offcourse your laptop to the router.
Open a browser and type: ip address of your icom:60080 (User name: root Password: NZY11502) and change lan setting to dhcp. Reboot icom and check with iToolRader the new ip address of your icom. It should be 192.168.x.x
Fire up ista-p and do your coding. "

Post 49
http://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.ph...#pid116494
05-03-2016, 15:13 PM,
Flashing these modules require an icom and a router. It's because enet cable does not support parallel programming. Get icom and router then program again smile

Edit: thought I had pressed reply here. Was to late. smile
[+] 2 users say Thank You to SweetBMW for this post
06-03-2016, 13:48 PM,
XZBMW  RE: F23 First Time Coding - Issues with updating i-Level View
(05-03-2016, 15:13 PM)SweetBMW Wrote:  Flashing these modules require an icom and a router. It's because enet cable does not support parallel programming. Get icom and router then program again smile

Edit: thought I had pressed reply here. Was to late. smile

Could you please deeply explain what's for "parallel programming"?I tried programming MOST modules by ENET cable+ISTA/P loader several times,but failed all.

Why did somebody say ENET is valid for MOST programming?and how to do it?Thx in advance.
06-03-2016, 19:07 PM,
All sorted now. Ditched ISTA-P and switched over to E-Sys. It had no issues using my Enet to OBD cable at all and finished off flashing KOMBI and HU/NBT2 with no issues whatsoever.

All services lost were restored and things are working as they should be.
06-03-2016, 21:49 PM,
Parallel programming means that multiple modules are updated at the same time. Only an icom can achieve this.

MGU virgin and patching in Europa.
Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
06-03-2016, 22:30 PM,
ENET supports paraller programming for sure. Have you guys ever watcher e-sys tal processing events while flashing a car? It updates one module per bus system at a time, so around four modules at the same time. Problem is in network configuration, and it only affects ICOM (and maybe ICOM emulator too?). Just like Drr0586 wrote, e-sys and ENET don't have this problem.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BMW F10 RHD to LHD coding? morto 10 1,218 Yesterday, 06:57 AM
Last Post: muskatas
XZBMW G15 remember last driving mode & ECO PRO MSA memory coding duss46 7 340 26-03-2024, 18:56 PM
Last Post: duss46
XZBMW coding g12 remote key /m display redog4dy 5 191 26-03-2024, 07:23 AM
Last Post: Siki78
  Some news, secure coding coming to new bikes :/ Node 8 1,012 25-03-2024, 15:13 PM
Last Post: RuleNormaliai
  Need help coding out SOS BMW E60 tigre 8 193 24-03-2024, 21:25 PM
Last Post: jararak
  Engine swap E60 535d --> E61 530d coding advice requested Stratofortress 9 303 23-03-2024, 14:59 PM
Last Post: Simoniak
  BMW E87 swap M5 V10 coding cluster Pedrom92 0 99 20-03-2024, 22:50 PM
Last Post: Pedrom92
XZBMW G20- Higher capacity battery coding hallamnet 2 307 19-03-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: MasterGt
  Looking for a car which has secure coding to program Fx82 0 194 18-03-2024, 22:57 PM
Last Post: Fx82
XZBMW coding 2018 bmw bike with ncs expert carlosabh71 11 1,398 16-03-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: TheNine90