Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

DiagBox Telecoding
16-03-2016, 15:09 PM,
DiagBox Telecoding
Some people have complained about not being able to "Telecode" in newer versions of DiagBox (v7.63+), but they said that they were able to "Telecode" using (v7.62) and older.. Upon comparisons and helped by information released by others on various forums, the reasons seem to be in the Vehicle files (From A7 to Z9) in folders:
"C:\AWRoot\dtrd\tree\Vehicle\ " and "C:\AWRoot\dtrd\tree\Vehicle\SUREQ\ "

These files (that need to be edited for all PSA cars) are too many (hundreds according to some and thousands according to others), but they are TEXT editable, and if you look into them you will find few lines indicating their "Telecoding" function and saying something like:
------------------------------
<SubTree posc=3 posl=8 destc=3 destl=10 ident=19 FileName="script_telexx_ManualTelecodingConnected.s" IsCritical="NO">
<FilePath path="TeleXX_TPM">
</FilePath>
</SubTree>

------------------------------
These (4) lines do NOT exist in DiagBox releases where you CAN perform Telecoding.. So, I am not sure if the best option is to remove/comment them or to change IsCritical="NO" to IsCritical="YES"..
Also, they are preceded or followed by a script starting like this:
<Act posc=a posl=b destc=x destl=y ident=z>
<MathAndLogic>
<Assignment>
<Source>
</Source>
</Assignment>
</MathAndLogic>
</Act>

If the 4 lines are removed from the script file, then the values of "destc=x" and "destl=y" in the "<Act .." statement are replaced by the values in the "<SubTree .." of the removed statement. I don't know what does the value of "destc=.." represent, but "destl=.." seems to represent the number of characters between quotations in "FilePath path=" statement.

I have also noticed that few files have been removed from newer DiagBox releases and if you copy them from v7.62 and older to the same location in the newer DiagBox versions, they work. Examples:
"a08can_feux_brouillard_surequipement_install_desinstall.s" in "C:\AWRoot\dtrd\tree\Vehicle\SUREQ\A08CAN\BSI"
Or,
"tlcd_fullprocedure_PR00.s" and "tlcd_fullprocedure_PR01.s" in "C:\AWRoot\dtrd\tree\Vehicle\SUREQ\A9\BSI"

I understand that some people are working on this issue, but because the effort is so huge, I thought users may also take ownership and attempt to enable and test "Telecoding" on their own cars themselves, which is quite easy. This will help speed up creating a database of modified files sooner (if they report their modifications and share their experiences). But remember, before editing any file, it is wise to make a backup copy..

The problem is that the cars are not listed by name, but by code!!! So I have attached a "PSA_CAR_Codes" list. I cannot vouch for the accuracy or completeness of the list and members are invited to contribute, correct and/or improve it. For example:
T84 is Peugeot 3008 and X7 is Citroen C5 etc...

Hint
The name of the sub_folder indicates the "Telecoding" area in the car (like BSI) and the name of the function in the file indicates what does it do.

As always, I have posted this thread in line with my strong belief in the principle of "Sharing Knowledge and Empowering Users".. After all, this is a "Forum" not a download site!!

Simple.

Attached Files
PSA_CAR_Codes.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 692 times
Size: 3.03 KB

Reputation: +8 - Renopower [+1] , McMihai [+1] , carpi [+1] , miarcin [+1] , galaxia [+1] , kmaverick [+1] , zmann [+1] , wald [+1]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 74 users say Thank You to Simple for this post
29-04-2016, 20:42 PM,
RE: DiagBox Telecoding
When you have this information "posc=3 posl=8 destc=3 destl=10"
it's mean pos(col,line) = (3,8) , dest(col,line) = (3,10)
you can find also destyes(c,l) or destno(c,l)

so you if you have dest(c,l) = (3,10), you will find next action with pos(c,l) = (3,10)

In file, you start at "<Start dest(c,l)" and step by step you arrived to "<End pos(c,l)"
19-11-2017, 19:15 PM,
Hi. I and others have problems to configure/telecode the radio unit SMEG+. I can configure the BSI all I want without any problems on my C4 Cactus. In SMEG_PLUS menu Diagbox proposes only manual configuration and then when I choose an option (audio functions...) it prompts “access to the authentication server impossible or failed” an that is it.
I altered the files as proposed, changed IsCritical to YES - no effect, deleted the rows - no effect, looked for differences between BSI manual configuration file and did some changes - no effect.
So in case of SMEG+ unit online authentication is needed to perform any configuration and maybe the problem is in the unit itself not in Diagbox...? Anyway if somebody finds a solution it would be great.

Also there is no differences between Diagbox versions, none of them let to configure SMEG, I tried. The messages are different and one older version let me as far as to programming but came out with an error message too.
20-12-2017, 11:52 AM,
(19-11-2017, 19:15 PM)vaho Wrote:  Hi. I and others have problems to configure/telecode the radio unit SMEG+. I can configure the BSI all I want without any problems on my C4 Cactus. In SMEG_PLUS menu Diagbox proposes only manual configuration and then when I choose an option (audio functions...) it prompts “access to the authentication server impossible or failed” an that is it.
I altered the files as proposed, changed IsCritical to YES - no effect, deleted the rows - no effect, looked for differences between BSI manual configuration file and did some changes - no effect.
So in case of SMEG+ unit online authentication is needed to perform any configuration and maybe the problem is in the unit itself not in Diagbox...? Anyway if somebody finds a solution it would be great.

Also there is no differences between Diagbox versions, none of them let to configure SMEG, I tried. The messages are different and one older version let me as far as to programming but came out with an error message too.

Hi, Did you find any solution about the manual telecoding??
21-12-2017, 09:18 AM,
No, I did not. I have a chance to try though in a couple of weeks since I ordered a new SMEG+ unit and have to configure it to my car. Searching the forums some say that you can configure VIN with the unofficial Diagbox but nothing else. I do not know about that yet, I tried to go to VIN configuring phase with my excisting SMEG but the result is the same. Maybe if the VIN does not match with the BSI you can configure it, who knows. I will report back.
26-12-2017, 18:53 PM,
(21-12-2017, 09:18 AM)vaho Wrote:  No, I did not. I have a chance to try though in a couple of weeks since I ordered a new SMEG+ unit and have to configure it to my car. Searching the forums some say that you can configure VIN with the unofficial Diagbox but nothing else. I do not know about that yet, I tried to go to VIN configuring phase with my excisting SMEG but the result is the same. Maybe if the VIN does not match with the BSI you can configure it, who knows. I will report back.

Thank you.. I hope some magic fingers can solve this server online problem..
27-12-2017, 22:02 PM,
Well, received my unit and can confirm that with 8.19 you can not configure anything, even VIN configuration prompts the authentication server message. I will now try with official Diagbox and token.
29-12-2017, 05:48 AM,
(27-12-2017, 22:02 PM)vaho Wrote:  Well, received my unit and can confirm that with 8.19 you can not configure anything, even VIN configuration prompts the authentication server message. I will now try with official Diagbox and token.

okey. If you can learn somethink please inform me about it. thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSA Diagbox VCI Interfaces alexturbo 18 6,739 27-12-2023, 21:45 PM
Last Post: apol
PPeugeot DIAGBOX 2021 9.85 FULL INSTALATION akli 6 2,704 26-12-2023, 20:21 PM
Last Post: Le-Mans
PCitroen DIAGBOX online walczaklu 10 8,658 03-12-2023, 12:57 PM
Last Post: mattydr67
  DiagBox 7+Updates+Firmware+Drivers+Tools (Magnet) Simple 33 35,552 22-11-2023, 06:16 AM
Last Post: Jeppo
PPeugeot Diagbox 9.129 activation request dadoa4 4 2,415 09-11-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: bovhec
  diagbox 9.150 stasi 5 2,229 16-09-2023, 19:41 PM
Last Post: stasi
  DiagBox Language Change Simple 16 17,422 14-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: żarówka
  DIAGBOX help needed installing mars2moon 4 1,027 23-07-2023, 18:45 PM
Last Post: J415UNNY
PPeugeot Diagbox 9.91 VmWare gabi2008 6 4,257 23-07-2023, 18:42 PM
Last Post: J415UNNY
  diagbox latest ? Chad69 1 852 09-06-2023, 22:28 PM