Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

What is the diference in BMW hardware tools?
19-04-2016, 20:34 PM,
XZBMW  What is the diference in BMW hardware tools?
There is a lot of BMW tools like:

ICOM A3+B+C
OPS
OPPS
GT1
ENET
K+DCAN
CARSOFT

What are the main diferences?

If I helped you, please press thanks and reputation thank you.
Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2016, 03:54 AM,
RE: What is the diference in BMW hardware tools?
(19-04-2016, 20:34 PM)Rik Wrote:  There is a lot of BMW tools like:

ICOM A3+B+C
OPS
OPPS
GT1
ENET
K+DCAN
CARSOFT

What are the main diferences?
I think i already seen on this forum answers..... at once or more... but JUST FOR YOU once again
AGE OF THE CAR == Protocols that's been used....
It goes some this like this
GT1 "NO M.O.S.T in mind"
OPS "M.O.S.T start to emerge "
OPPS "M.O.S.T Fully implemented"
ICOM / ENET "M.O.S.T better implementation / future-ready"
After Market
CARSOFT
K+DCAN (NAME SPEAKS FOR IT'S SELF, K--Protocol + D/CAN--Protocol)adoregavel

If you want a REAL detailed explanation then take a module (ANY ONE) open it, READ info on the TOP OF THE CHIP, then find manufacture of it and READ DATA-SHEET to give you an IDEA

Then Report BACK on this forum of YOUR OWN finding of it (which will HARDLY EVER WILL HAPPEN)

To ME personally it seems something like this...breakheadStupidhelp
OMG i run-out of Petrol... yikesfail
Why did i run-out of petrol, fail
i need to type it on a forum.....
then somebody will tell you to go to your local Petrol Station and Pay for Petrol learen
then Put Petrol in your Fuel TANK, so that your car runs againlearen
Because there is a MECHANICAL ENGINE in front of your car and not a REAL 19X Horses giving your boost that are been feed by grassrollingrollingrolling

If any of my posts or current one helps then don't forget to press thanks and add a reputation thankyou
Visit this user's website
[+] 6 users say Thank You to CATAHA for this post
20-04-2016, 16:40 PM,
XZBMW  RE: What is the diference in BMW hardware tools?
I found this on google:

GT1 is good for old type cars before 2005, it has no optical cable for new car diagnosis;
OPS is good for newer vehicles, 2005-2010 year, so is OPPS

OPPS has been designed for encoding, individualising and programming (CIP) via the Software Service Station (SSS) and envisaged for use as part of the BMW diagnostic system (DIS) from DISPlus and Group Tester One (GT1). It is intended for testing and programming tasks from the E65 series, taking the place of the diagnostic head.

OPS is intended for rapid programming of control units.
When operated at the SSS, no diagnostic or technical measuring pro-cedures are possible, as no measuring technology is incorporated; in this instance, OPPS / OPS is used predominantly for programming control units (flashing). Communication with the vehicle can be performed both via the MOST and via the OBD interface. The OBD interface is required for the power supply to the OPPS / OPS and has communication properties via which the vehicle can be identified and the data to be programmed can be determined. From CIP version 7.0, it is possible to delete fault code memories via OPPS / OPS.

OPPS has more appeal to workshop techs when doing flashing

GT1 is for old BMW models before E65 with diagnostic and programming functions via OBDII or 20pins socket; OPS is mainly for models after E65 which seems for newer models via OBDII socket and fiber cable (OPS comes with DIS for diagnosis & coding and SSS for programming).

BMW Rheingold - a new system for the diagnosis of BMW. Works with E and F series. Come to replace ISTA/D.

If I helped you, please press thanks and reputation thank you.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Rik for this post
23-04-2016, 19:35 PM,
Hey,

Just study about ICOM A1/A2 & Rheingold/Ista-D+Ista-P.
Easiest way, and you will be succesful. Forget about all the rest!
Just my opinion. nod

-JarsaR
[+] 2 users say Thank You to JarsaR for this post
26-06-2016, 04:29 AM,
(23-04-2016, 19:35 PM)JarsaR Wrote:  Hey,

Just study about ICOM A1/A2 & Rheingold/Ista-D+Ista-P.
Easiest way, and you will be succesful. Forget about all the rest!
Just my opinion. nod

-JarsaR

Agreed, unless you're a classic BMW collector or shop tech who sees many older models, you just want to get yourself a genuine ICOM NEXT (or hi-quality Chinese clone) for servicing all late model and future model BMWs.
ICOM A2 is also a good option if your budget is constrained and support should last through 2018, NEXT is just faster and also equipped for future protocols (like gigabit speed connections) that haven't even been fully specified for automotive use.

ISTA/D for diagnostics and general coding and Esys for expert coding and programming for F/G-series models
ISTA/P for E-series models, along with WinKFP, NCSExpert, etc. for programming (these are generally packaged together)

If this post helped you in anyway please use the thanks and/or REP buttons down here.under Thanks!
[+] 4 users say Thank You to cryptocar for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW [MEGA] /// ALL ROAD MAPS EUROPE -> 2024 NEW + *KEY-TOOLS* hashtagmaster 213 68,933 7 hours ago
Last Post: dumitru.o
  Which tools for frm3 and cas3? liviu2004 22 1,375 20-04-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: aejanow
  [MEGA] Any ESYS Editions + PSDZ Full & Lite + ICOM Firmware + MANUALS + TOOLS hashtagmaster 105 36,049 17-04-2024, 18:36 PM
Last Post: hashtagmaster
XZBMW BMW EntryNav2 CarPlay hardware compatibility list 320ed 5 413 09-04-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: PsevDo
  Hu Engineering Tools latest version flausatu 33 11,585 14-03-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Wojti77
XZBMW ISTA Standalone / Standard Tools / PSdZData_Lite - last [MEGA] Sedoy 1,651 415,925 01-03-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Navigationmaster
XZBMW BMW master tools V2.4 download alsamaraee 13 3,553 10-01-2024, 18:14 PM
Last Post: knarrenheinz
  Rear radars hardware not suitable for equipment Matthew53 3 289 12-12-2023, 17:54 PM
Last Post: dumitru.o
XZBMW ICOM Next How to Hardware reset (correct bin file ?) Fraizer 16 3,023 09-08-2023, 19:34 PM
Last Post: r0my81
XZBMW BMW Key Programing Tools diagso 34 4,625 01-05-2023, 09:43 AM
Last Post: johann74270