Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

(solved) BMW headlight fault 800FC8 Lin bus
04-12-2016, 00:47 AM,
XZBMW  (solved) BMW headlight fault 800FC8 Lin bus
Hi all

I have have some issues with BMW F10 2010

A month or so ago I noticed some moisture in my headlight after followed a warnings on the dash "vertical headlight aim control faulty'',''left side light faulty'' So left light stuck in one position also the Angel eyes will come on and off and stay on for a few minutes after I've locked the car. Also comes on for few second during a night or when car left locked for a while.
I removed TMS module and cleaned so it stopped for a while and same error came back again just this time for both headlights.

Rheingold reads:
800FC8 Lin bus, headlight driver module (TMS), left: communication fault
800FC9 Lin bus, headlight driver module (TMS), right: communication fault

So after days of reading online decided to replace TMS modules
got 2 brand new, replaced them and still have the same error.
Was not able to initialize new modules as still was getting communication fault between TMS and FRM3

Both headlights were removed checked and cleaned twice, all the wiring checked. Nothing is wrong.
Strangely one day for no reason fault disappeared and I was able to connect rheingold and initialize new TMS modules and it was working for full 4 days rofl
But fault came back again headbang
It seem that each time the car is started angel eyes turns off and on few times also vertical aim goes up and down but after that gets stuck with angel eyes on.
Know few more F10 owners with the same problem, replacing headlight did not help, replacing new tms did not help.
As much I was searching for solution online and garages could not find anything.sad

Anyone had something similar or knows any solutions to that?
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2016, 03:41 AM,
BMW headlight fault 800FC8 Lin bus
I've had lin bus errors and angel eyes were turning off occasionally, it was caused by moisture. Took the headlight apart and dried each piece with the hair dryer. Also kept the dryer blowing warm air inside the headlight for like an hour and used compressed air to dry it inside too. Put everything back and it's been fine since. I'm guessing some of the headlight electronic components are still wet and causing issues
04-12-2016, 22:12 PM,
RE: BMW headlight fault 800FC8 Lin bus
(04-12-2016, 03:41 AM)ntuner Wrote:  I've had lin bus errors and angel eyes were turning off occasionally, it was caused by moisture. Took the headlight apart and dried each piece with the hair dryer. Also kept the dryer blowing warm air inside the headlight for like an hour and used compressed air to dry it inside too. Put everything back and it's been fine since. I'm guessing some of the headlight electronic components are still wet and causing issues

Well I removed headlights twice and dried them also used compressed air, even tms modules are brand new. Also cant understand why they didn't work properly for 3 weeks and all of the sudden became just fine for four days ant after that error returned, just this time no moisture at all. everything is dry and clean
22-12-2016, 00:29 AM,
(04-12-2016, 22:12 PM)chaF10 Wrote:  
(04-12-2016, 03:41 AM)ntuner Wrote:  I've had lin bus errors and angel eyes were turning off occasionally, it was caused by moisture. Took the headlight apart and dried each piece with the hair dryer. Also kept the dryer blowing warm air inside the headlight for like an hour and used compressed air to dry it inside too. Put everything back and it's been fine since. I'm guessing some of the headlight electronic components are still wet and causing issues

Well I removed headlights twice and dried them also used compressed air, even tms modules are brand new. Also cant understand why they didn't work properly for 3 weeks and all of the sudden became just fine for four days ant after that error returned, just this time no moisture at all. everything is dry and clean

Hi! Did you resolve your problem with the lin bus cumunication fault to tms? I have seime problem can't figure out.
03-01-2017, 10:51 AM,
(22-12-2016, 00:29 AM)Shmechera Wrote:  
(04-12-2016, 22:12 PM)chaF10 Wrote:  

Hi! Did you resolve your problem with the lin bus cumunication fault to tms? I have seime problem can't figure out.

No, still the same, two more friends suffer from the same fault. thinking of replacing FRM3 someone suggested to replace headlights, but i have brand new tms modules gavel
03-01-2017, 21:36 PM,
Replacing the FRM looks like the next logical step.
04-01-2017, 01:20 AM,
In my opinion, You should definitely call a friend or relative that can help with electronic measurements of the parts.
Its a wild guess really, and why not spend 30 mins with some basic voltage, ohm and current readouts just to be more certain.

BMW are unfortunately not giving away free FRM's biggrin

Please, Press the Buttons [Image: postbit_thx.gif] and [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] if you feel that this post helped you!

04-01-2017, 01:59 AM,
(04-01-2017, 01:20 AM)Loliceman Wrote:  In my opinion, You should definitely call a friend or relative that can help with electronic measurements of the parts.
Its a wild guess really, and why not spend 30 mins with some basic voltage, ohm and current readouts just to be more certain.

BMW are unfortunately not giving away free FRM's biggrin

hi, all cables also ground points were checked seems ok, strange that lights may start working properly for a few days but still back to the fault.
04-01-2017, 03:47 AM,
Before you replace the part, electrical basic steps must checked. You should check the connectors for pins corroded. The LIN bus may shorted from the corrosion.
04-01-2017, 06:29 AM,
(04-01-2017, 03:47 AM)2013m5 Wrote:  Before you replace the part, electrical basic steps must checked. You should check the connectors for pins corroded. The LIN bus may shorted from the corrosion.
These were checked twice, the only location was not possible to check was inside the headlights. Corrosion was my first guess but I doubt it as fault may disappear and reappear again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DDE509 Internal fault 7 code 4703 GoNz0- 0 65 14-04-2024, 14:42 PM
Last Post: GoNz0-
  F10 Headlight Test Platform DaBotta 1 198 04-04-2024, 21:11 PM
Last Post: DaBotta
XZBMW AHL, LWR faulty after headlight replacement on F36 thedafeet 9 236 01-04-2024, 05:03 AM
Last Post: qbek90
XZBMW M3 F80 LCI Airbag fault Stefan1251 8 372 25-03-2024, 00:18 AM
Last Post: armenh7
XZBMW Request G30 LCI front headlight wiring diagram Satia 1 130 10-03-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: qbek90
XZBMW bmw fault code46d1 wassim 4 228 09-03-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: wassim
XZBMW G30 LCI Headlight socket (plug) part number Satia 0 84 07-03-2024, 16:18 PM
Last Post: Satia
  First ISTA install - SOLVED R1c4ard06 12 990 02-03-2024, 17:55 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
XZBMW Resetting a short circuit fault in a FRM module TIGHTFIN 10 1,245 24-02-2024, 22:29 PM
Last Post: vierchatura
XZBMW BMW F30 Adaptive Left Headlight goes Left pablito94 7 406 11-02-2024, 23:08 PM
Last Post: pablito94