Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

ConnectedDrive Software update problem
18-12-2016, 16:02 PM,
Hello

Does any one faced problem trying update connected drive services?
Some time ago done update which went fine but now when trying everytime go error "software not suitable for this vehicle"
tried many usb dongles and few different softs but no luck
why is doing like that anyone know???

[Image: IMG_0127.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0128.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2016, 16:26 PM,
RE: ConnectedDrive Software update problem
(18-12-2016, 16:02 PM)masa52 Wrote:  Hello

Some time ago done update which went fine but now when trying everytime go error "software not suitable for this vehicle"

Support now only for 5G systems. After December 31, 2016, the on-board cellular technology used for delivering numerous BMW ConnectedDrive / BMW Assist features will no longer be supported on most 2013 and earlier vehicles, 2014 X6, 2015 and earlier X1, and 2016 and earlier Z4 vehicles. Affected customers whose BMW Assist or ConnectedDrive contract is active past this date will be contacted by BMW. If you believe your vehicle may be affected, please visit
www.BMWAssistOffer.com and enter the last 7 characters of your VIN. If you are affected, you will be guided through selecting your preferred offer.
18-12-2016, 16:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 18-12-2016, 16:54 PM by masa52.)
Website wont pick up my VIN "You have entered an invalid VIN. Please re-enter for validation."
anyway I dont think so that the problem in this particular issue

BTW this website looks dodgy
18-12-2016, 19:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 18-12-2016, 22:28 PM by bryosb.)
Your vin is invalid because it's no longer supported

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will post actual SIB in am when I'm back at shop - If you have a active BMW Assist account they will upgrade you or give you a gift certificate for $250 or about. See your in UK might be different there, here's the US link -

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/E...ility.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
18-12-2016, 22:27 PM,
But you talking about action in US market Im in EU
No any info about stop support in EU
I do not have problem with assist the problem is upgrading firmware for bluetooth and telephone

ALWAYS UP TO DATE.
Software update.
Systems for smartphones, music players and tablets are developing all the time. This is why software update ensures that your applications and your BMW always keep pace with the latest advances. That way you can use your mobile devices in your vehicle whenever you want.
18-12-2016, 22:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 18-12-2016, 22:38 PM by bryosb.)
At the end of this year BMW is terminating support for the 2G & 3G networks used by BMW Assist systems in BMWs sold prior to 2014.

BMW Assist Safety Plan and Convenience Plan Discontinuing
BMW will be discontinuing renewals for the BMW Assist Safety Plan and Convenience Plan (i.e., customer pay). This impacts all vehicles that are based on CDMA, TCU 1.5, and COMBOX technologies.

As a summary:
Renewals of the BMW Assist Safety Plan and Convenience Plan (applicable to 2013 and earlier vehicles and 2014 X6) are being discontinued as of January 1, 2016
For vehicles with subscriber agreements still within the BMW-paid period (i.e., 4 or 10 years after in-service date), please do not create a subscriber agreement beyond the BMW-paid period (e.g., extensions or renewals)
As of early January 2016, the My BMW ConnectedDrive portal (www.bmwusa.com/MyBMWConnectedDrive) will no longer allow renewals for these affected vehicles

FAQs: Discontinuation of Renewals for BMW Assist Safety Plan and Convenience Plan

1. Why was this change made?
a. At the end of 2016, the underlying communication technology will no longer be supported. At that time, BMW Assist Safety and Convenience Services will no longer function in the vehicle. We are discontinuing renewals so that service durations are not included beyond this date.

2. What services are affected?
a. All services under the BMW Assist Safety Plan and Convenience Plan are affected and will no longer work following the end of 2016. This includes the Emergency Calling (SOS) feature as well as MyInfo (Send to Car), Remote Services such as Remote Door Unlock and the My BMW Remote app, Stolen Vehicle Recovery, TeleService, Concierge and all other services which are available under the BMW Assist Safety and Convenience Plans.

3. My original contract for BMW Assist services goes beyond 2016. How will this affect me?
a. If your original contract (i.e., BMW-paid) ends later than Dec. 31, 2016, you will receive additional information from BMW.

4. Can a customer upgrade their vehicle to newer technology that would support BMW Assist?
a. Currently, we do not have a retrofit option in order to upgrade earlier hardware to newer hardware so that BMW Assist can still be supported. However, we are working on a technical upgrade. For further details, please contact your dealer in the second half of 2016.

5. Why is this discontinuation in BMW Assist renewals only occurring now?
a. Because the BMW Assist Safety Plan and Convenience Plan are available as a one-year renewal, this change is being made to ensure that Safety and Convenience Plan renewals are only sold within the timeframe that they can be supported.

6. When will the services stop working?
a. By January 1, 2017, the services of the BMW Assist Safety Plan and Convenience Plan will no longer be available."
18-12-2016, 23:25 PM,
Do you not see differences between BMW Assist Safety Plan and Convenience Plan and NBT firmware update which is my problem????two different things mate
18-12-2016, 23:39 PM,
Yeah, now I see, haha, sorry bro but kept your thread bumped for you
19-12-2016, 05:18 AM,
(18-12-2016, 16:02 PM)masa52 Wrote:  Hello

As I see from your pic - your NBT has the latest SW. What does USB update actually mean? - just quick compatabality or other fix. Every SW update has all fixes inside. So, the message "software not suitable for this vehicle" means that it can't be applied to your SW in HU. For your SW version 003.013.001 there is no any SW update by USB stick, just relax.
23-01-2017, 03:50 AM,
Thats odd. Whats your location masa52? Cause I got 3G and I just have renewed my contract - no probs. I live in the motherland though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW X5 G05 with MGU and ATM: GPS problem david357 5 586 17-03-2024, 20:30 PM
Last Post: UP2UP
  BMW e39 530d 2001 problem after MAF change boweld11 0 28 17-03-2024, 10:54 AM
Last Post: boweld11
  Problem Retrofit electrified steering column on the G31 LCI smercki 4 107 16-03-2024, 17:15 PM
Last Post: Node
XZBMW Update ISTA 4.39.20 SQLiteDBs Italian Language diman64 8 662 09-03-2024, 20:18 PM
Last Post: diman64
XZBMW Update VIN in VCM through esys TIGHTFIN 10 1,063 05-03-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: oros
  need update & mod VIN from FRM ? ka_rai 6 124 05-03-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: ka_rai
XZBMW Update ISTA at once 4.43.40 (ISTA Update Program) charlesjyw 33 6,145 03-03-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Brown Benz
XZBMW BMW G8X xDRIVE CS SOFTWARE mrpetesingh 2 302 02-03-2024, 22:24 PM
Last Post: mrpetesingh
XZBMW software name reminder Senjorq97 6 355 02-03-2024, 18:45 PM
Last Post: Hoborg
XZBMW Solved ✔ Cic update on E series alsamaraee 16 634 28-02-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: alsamaraee