Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

F10 Retrofitted CIC, Navi unavailable after workshop visit
07-01-2017, 00:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2017, 01:03 AM by Loliceman.)
XZBMW  F10 Retrofitted CIC, Navi unavailable after workshop visit
Hello all.

I have a issue with my friends F10 retrofitted HU_CIC from F11 with 09/10 build

I haven't got the best knowledge with F-series and Esys. I have used it many times to code and change simple things, but with F-series FSC-system and CIC, NBT etc my knowledge is low.

My friend bought car a few months back. Navigation, maps and other stuff was working fine until he had to take it to official BMW workshop for malfunctioning DSC.

When the car was fixed, the technician must have been confused and/or really stupid.

The technician updated the cars I-level equally to 3.60.600 ista-p (I think), and from the looks of it, he must have written VO/FA with "real vin" to HU_CIC and all other modules. So inside HU_CIC all fsc got rejected. (All fsc were from factory activated on "DONOR vin" car when it was alive)

Here is I-level:
[Image: PLlPmmN.jpg]

I have now managed to assist my friend by remote via Teamviewer in on his laptop for a few days, trying to get his navigation working again.

I have done tons of research. And I'm now able to get most FSC (1B, 19 and 17) accepted and working for a minute or two, but as soon as you restart vehicle or CIC. The navigation gets grayed out and it says "This function is not available at the moment"

Since my friend have no idea where/what and who did the retrofit, we dont know if its emulator or script activated. I'v told my friend to take the trims away and go look behind the CIC, but he is like a potato with cars.. haha. He won't be able to do it.
I did some research, and got some assistance from user Shawnsheridan and he shared the information he had with CIC retrofits on F10/11.
Apparently a emulator for F10-F11 costs >500USD, because its a MOST-emulator and fiber-optics, its so darn hard to find a good manufacturer and the price is just too high. My friend say he can buy this emulator, but he wants to be 100% sure that it will work with his unit.

I'm posting here because I'm all out of ideas, and I have searched for days about "script activation" etc, but it seems that the people that know about it, is really secret about it and I understand that it will cost for someone to perform a Script activation again.
My friend has absolutely no issue with paying someone for Script Activation, but As i said earlier: He want to be certain that Script Activation will be successful.
User here on forum told me that Script activation is probably only way to go.. But I stil refuse to accept that the CIC is unusable without expensive repairs biggrin

Im using Esys 3.28.1-46869 (latest) and Psdzdata_lite 3.60.2.001 + Tokenmaster's Premium Launcher build 124.

I got access to:
REALVIN = xxxxxxxxxxC555964

DONORVIN = xxxxxxxxxxC760518

Some strange issues that I cannot understand or find any workaround for:
-I Cannot read coding data or CODE on the the ZGW module, Only option I can do is Read CPS. Also I cannot see VIN inside "Connection manager", I always have to connect with ICOM A2. Reading CPS from ZGW gives me this error:

[Image: ED1sL8V.jpg]

-If I edit FA and VO, change VIN to DONOR vin and try to code it onto HU_CIC I get tons of wierd errors in TAL and SVT calculations. I have tried to disable all the stuff from Settings menu but issue still remains.I'v tried millions of VO/FA combinations, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing this harder than it actually is. So if anyone knows the way to make this smooth and fast, please be my guest! My friend has Power supply connected and I'm online with his car on Teamviewer the whole weekend.

-I use "WriteDataByIdentifierVin" in FSC-extended to write DONOR vin to car instead, it all works and FSC codes gets accepted (1B,19,17 etc). But as I said, the first 2 minutes I have working navigation. Then next restart it gets gray and "Function not available" error message when pressing Navigation.

[b]WORKING FSC:

PHP Code:
HU_CIC[DiagAddress=99(0x63)]
WBAMX51060C760518
RootCertStatus accepted
SWSigStatus accepted
SWTApplications
----------
AppID 23(0x17)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic full
FSCStatus not available
FSCCertStatus accepted
----------
AppID 25(0x19)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic full
FSCStatus accepted
FSCCertStatus accepted
----------
AppID 27(0x1B)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic full
FSCStatus accepted
FSCCertStatus accepted
----------
AppID 111(0x6F)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic full
FSCStatus not available
FSCCertStatus accepted
----------
AppID 156(0x9C)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic full
FSCStatus not available
FSCCertStatus accepted
----------
AppID 155(0x9B)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic full
FSCStatus not available
FSCCertStatus accepted
----------
AppID 40(0x28)
UpgradeIndex 10(0x0A)
SWTType SWTshort
FSCStatus accepted
FSCCertStatus not available 

DO I NEED TO => WriteDataByIdentifierVin ==> DONOR VIN SUCESSFULLY WRITTEN =>> Change BACK to "REALVIN" with FA/VO? [/b]

If we have someone here that knows script activation, or anything at all really, and is willing to help us out? Will a new script activation help us get navigation working again?

From what I'v learned - In worst case I have to start looking at getting new original FSC Repair codes from BMW?
Will my friend then be able to write REALvin to CIC and use the fsc codes like a OEM installation? Or does he buy FSC codes for DONOR vin?

I will appreciate all input/help from anyone, I'm desperate for any tips.

BIG THANKS TO THE ONES THAT HAVE ALREADY GIVEN ME SO TONS OF INFORMATION.

I could write this thread with every single detail, but I have to get back into the remote session and try to solve it lol

THANK YOU FOR READING, I hope you are able to share a comment or more about CIC. I'm so eager to learn, but it will take me a few weeks to learn it properly.

Best regards loliceman

Please, Press the Buttons [Image: postbit_thx.gif] and [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] if you feel that this post helped you!

Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2017, 01:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2017, 01:48 AM by Twoone.)
RE: F10 Retrofitted CIC, Navi unavailable after workshop visit
I read that there are 3 vin's in cic
AIF VIN
FSC VIN
and another one, so i think it is important to change FSC VIN. Below is what i found on other forum:

How To Change CIC Vin:
1. If you want to change Vin in CIC, you don't have to flash the whole unit using ICOM, but use Dcan cable and tool32 software.
2. You have to set all 3 vin in the CIC (use these 3 program - cicr_gw.prg, cicr.prg and cicr_hd.prg)
3. Open tool32 select program cicr.prg.
4. Use Job aif_lesen and save all parameter to be used in aif_schreiben
5. use job aif_schreiben and include all 9 parameter starting with new vin (either 7 digit or 17 digit vin) that you want to change in the argument. Example as below.
Example (case sensitive) here I use vin B123456: B123456;14.06.2013;9284327;9284327;0000000;0111111 ;12345;90600;0202jq0f800A
6. Execute it once.
7. Check your vin using aif_lesen. In this eample the AIF_FG_NR = B123456 and AIF_FG_NR_LANG = B123456
8. Repeat these step for cicr_gw.prg and cicr_hd.prg.
9. Now check your vin using INPA. Take note that VIN information for CIC (Address on the left side A0, 63 and 62) have change to your new VIN.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Twoone for this post
07-01-2017, 01:52 AM,
Thanks for your reply man!!

oh, where did you find the 3rd VIN?
I find CPS vin (Real) then the VIN that shows up when using 0x63 DIAG on CIC FSC+Extended and FSC module inside Esys.

Thanks for the instructions, I'll get a dcan cable to my friend and fix this asap. Are you sure this procedure isn't ONLY for E-serie CIC?

Please, Press the Buttons [Image: postbit_thx.gif] and [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] if you feel that this post helped you!

07-01-2017, 02:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2017, 02:24 AM by Twoone.)
(07-01-2017, 01:52 AM)Loliceman Wrote:  Thanks for your reply man!!

oh, where did you find the 3rd VIN?
I find CPS vin (Real) then the VIN that shows up when using 0x63 DIAG on CIC FSC+Extended and FSC module inside Esys.

Thanks for the instructions, I'll get a dcan cable to my friend and fix this asap. Are you sure this procedure isn't ONLY for E-serie CIC?

I am not sure about procedure is only for E serie but most of the time in toolset32 there is also a command to read the different vin's i think, try that and see if they are different before doing writing vin to the three positions mentioned in instruction.

Found also this info:

Just wanted to add, that the 100% way to get the VIN out of CIC is the following:
You need the Tool32.

-Locate a 00swtkwp.prg file, which you need to load with tool32.
-in Tool32 write 99 into the middle fied where it says "arguments" and double click on "swt_parameter_setzen". A white box will appear saying ok in the bottom.
-Double click on fahrgestellnummer_lesen and see you VIN in the white result box. The vin is just the last 7.

Getting the VIN out of CICR.prg is not 100% certain, you can reprogram that and it will continue to work as it has nothing to do with the certs.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Twoone for this post
07-01-2017, 06:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2017, 06:52 AM by Roo.)
Isn't it a simple case, when retrofitted CIC needs to be activated with script?...
IMO it's a lot easier than fixing all this VIN stuff.

P.S.: Loliceman, plz write me PM about the timezone you are in and the cables you have.
I might try helping you remotely with script activation if you wish.
07-01-2017, 07:40 AM,
I really appreciate the input and the help. Roo, I have PMed you.

If I can avoid doing all that vin stuff, im open for your suggestions.

I'm going to set tool32 up with all ecu files just in case.
Thanks for the writeup Twoone. smile

07-01-2017, 10:56 AM,
Loliceman,

I PMed you back.

JFYI - changing VIN in CIC won't help you, so you'd better not waste your time on it.
08-01-2017, 11:45 AM,
(07-01-2017, 01:47 AM)Twoone Wrote:  I read that there are 3 vin's in cic
AIF VIN
FSC VIN
and another one, so i think it is important to change FSC VIN. Below is what i found on other forum:

How To Change CIC Vin:
1. If you want to change Vin in CIC, you don't have to flash the whole unit using ICOM, but use Dcan cable and tool32 software.
2. You have to set all 3 vin in the CIC (use these 3 program - cicr_gw.prg, cicr.prg and cicr_hd.prg)
3. Open tool32 select program cicr.prg.
4. Use Job aif_lesen and save all parameter to be used in aif_schreiben
5. use job aif_schreiben and include all 9 parameter starting with new vin (either 7 digit or 17 digit vin) that you want to change in the argument. Example as below.
Example (case sensitive) here I use vin B123456: B123456;14.06.2013;9284327;9284327;0000000;0111111 ;12345;90600;0202jq0f800A
6. Execute it once.
7. Check your vin using aif_lesen. In this eample the AIF_FG_NR = B123456 and AIF_FG_NR_LANG = B123456
8. Repeat these step for cicr_gw.prg and cicr_hd.prg.
9. Now check your vin using INPA. Take note that VIN information for CIC (Address on the left side A0, 63 and 62) have change to your new VIN.

Unfortunately this only works for E series.

MGU virgin and patching in Europa.
Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
22-06-2017, 15:35 PM,
Anyone was able to Change vin on retrofitted CIC in Esys? Installed used CIC from another car because the original was broken, Can anyone elaborate a how to because ista p does not want to program because of vin mismatch with cas.
22-06-2017, 16:04 PM,
(22-06-2017, 15:35 PM)sebastianfernandes Wrote:  Anyone was able to Change vin on retrofitted CIC in Esys? Installed used CIC from another car because the original was broken, Can anyone elaborate a how to because ista p does not want to program because of vin mismatch with cas.

You can program it with esys(any vin you want) there are many flashing guides for esys on the internet
[+] 2 users say Thank You to larshutten for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW E60 MASK NAVI Update for welcome lights? kimz 4 705 10-04-2024, 17:02 PM
Last Post: johann74270
  M440i US 2022 Live Navi Maps to ECE. BimmerLubuskie 20 1,184 06-04-2024, 21:06 PM
Last Post: BimmerLubuskie
XZBMW Navi - GPS stuck after MGU replacement UP2UP 10 789 04-04-2024, 22:41 PM
Last Post: RuleNormaliai
XSMini Retrofitted EntryNav sometimes doesn't start correctly user0086 4 246 04-04-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Stratofortress
XSMini MINI CIC retrofitted need help with FSC activations hipolitogt 3 139 01-04-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: hipolitogt
  F21 EntryNav2 without Navi and Wifi port Carplay solution? RaoulK1998 5 432 03-12-2023, 15:54 PM
Last Post: RaoulK1998
XZBMW Map Update on retrofitted NBT Evo thstorm 9 929 21-11-2023, 12:44 PM
Last Post: giampi.bll
XZBMW Solved ✔ Coding issue F20LCI with retrofitted 5DP and 5DL hansolo 14 1,124 20-11-2023, 10:03 AM
Last Post: hansolo
XZBMW Solved ✔ Solved FSC code or patch NAVI Europe for NBTevo Supra akh1 2 354 02-11-2023, 06:58 AM
Last Post: akh1
XZBMW Solved ✔ bmw e60 navi upside down redog4dy 4 370 13-10-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: redog4dy