Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

[SOLVED] Land Rover Range Rover Sport, oil leak, unknow reason
05-02-2017, 05:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2017, 04:29 AM by CATAHA.)
[SOLVED] Land Rover Range Rover Sport, oil leak, unknow reason
Good day forum members.....
I been trying to hassle out one problem at the time with this hunk a junk....
2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 5.0L Supercharger
it originally came to me for a front main seal.... was broken(it's plastic or something plastic-like material), i fixed that (new seal, new plate)
Now it came for a second problem... (junk)
It started leaking oil from a engine cooler gasket, replaced that...... now it's leaking oil from a engine oil cooler (check pictures, it leaks between ALL plates, all around the cooler) i tried blowing air through a cooler and testing for pressure leak.... i couldn't recreate the leak..... but once it's installed it leaks oil from a cooler..... so now i'm thinking it may have a HIGH OIL Pressure or something....
Have anybody came-across of something like this or know of TBS.... or what could cause it ?
Thanks in Advance

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If any of my posts or current one helps then don't forget to press thanks and add a reputation thankyou
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2017, 06:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2017, 06:02 AM by Clusters.)
RE: Land Rover Range Rover Sport, oil leak, unknow reason
I checked for any TSBs on this and found nothing. For future reference, you can find limited TSBs at the site linked below for any USA market car, as well as wiring diagrams.

Could be the pressure relief valve is stuck. Any place to tap a manual gauge into the system and see what the pressure is? What does the oil pressure show on a scantool?

Attached Files
Wiring diagrams.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 14 times
Size: 34 bytes

If someone took the time to help you, the least you can do is take a few seconds and press two buttons! 

Thanks [Image: tyl_add.png] + [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] reputation.
[+] 4 users say Thank You to Clusters for this post
05-02-2017, 06:16 AM,
(05-02-2017, 06:02 AM)clusters Wrote:  I checked for any TSBs on this and found nothing. For future reference, you can find limited TSBs at the site linked below for any USA market car, as well as wiring diagrams.

Could be the pressure relief valve is stuck. Any place to tap a manual gauge into the system and see what the pressure is? What does the oil pressure show on a scantool?

i will check on Monday.... when i'm at a shop...

If any of my posts or current one helps then don't forget to press thanks and add a reputation thankyou
05-02-2017, 12:45 PM,
(05-02-2017, 06:16 AM)CATAHA Wrote:  
(05-02-2017, 06:02 AM)clusters Wrote:  I checked for any TSBs on this and found nothing. For future reference, you can find limited TSBs at the site linked below for any USA market car, as well as wiring diagrams.

i will check on Monday.... when i'm at a shop...

them leaks are from the seal welds / seams, the cooler has been overpressurised / suffered impact damage ?

Only was I think s to fit a new cooler, to try to reweld will be difficult fail

BR handshake

And yes RR are hunks of junks.. jealous

Learning is good, SHARING is BETTER hi

If my post helps you, don't be shy, say thanks & rep ! yes
[+] 2 users say Thank You to taztheman for this post
05-02-2017, 15:05 PM,
(05-02-2017, 12:45 PM)taztheman Wrote:  them leaks are from the seal welds / seams, the cooler has been overpressurised / suffered impact damage ?

Only was I think s to fit a new cooler, to try to reweld will be difficult fail

BR handshake

And yes RR are hunks of junks.. jealous

I did tighten according to RR Dealer specs...... since gasket came from RR Dealer
Cooler, dealer item ONLY(in US) or Internet ..... $600~800

07-02-2017, 04:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2017, 04:37 AM by CATAHA.)
RE: [SOLVED] Land Rover Range Rover Sport, oil leak, unknow reason
So i solved it This RR Oil leak......
I removed engine oil cooler and filled with gasoline... left it setting.... and it started leaking....
End-up been faulty oil cooler (76x$ + labor) + Faulty PCV valve on back of intake

DON"T BUY RR.....
Every one i know/knew that CAN afford RR and/or owned RR have nothing nice to say after 7,xxx~32,xxx Mile of owing it.....
To many Problems, Electrical mainly from sloppy Manufacturing process and cheap parts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  L322 range rover AUX coding BimmerSLO 0 33 11-03-2024, 23:02 PM
Last Post: BimmerSLO
  Range rover 2.7 2007 v6 ecu burned help fluorescent 0 46 25-02-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: fluorescent
  Range Rover Sport L320 - virgin cluster? renia1983 0 58 21-02-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: renia1983
  LAND ROVER EVOQUE searching for someone to coding new steering control module kawasaki636 1 142 11-02-2024, 22:43 PM
Last Post: AutoLocks67
ILandRover RENGE ROVER SPORT V6 DIESEL engine polastreli 0 79 04-01-2024, 10:06 AM
Last Post: polastreli
ILandRover SCR ECU location in range rover evoqe 2020 please rzouga97 1 215 27-12-2023, 10:53 AM
Last Post: m1ke
ILandRover Land Rover Discovery commercial rear window activation mefistofilos 4 884 20-11-2023, 11:52 AM
Last Post: mefistofilos
  Range sport 2020 displaying wrong vin deutsch 1 559 07-06-2023, 06:09 AM
Last Post: jinoweb
  Range Rover Asbuilt Tracshan 0 250 06-06-2023, 02:21 AM
Last Post: Tracshan
ILandRover Land Rover Defender 2005 nobbynobbs 2 309 20-05-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: nobbynobbs