Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Icom A2(chinese clone)
08-03-2017, 16:38 PM,
RE: Icom A2(chinese clone)
What is the firmware version? and wich Ista are you using?
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2017, 17:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 17:50 PM by BMWS1000RR.)
I dont have an answer for you to try on your issue, but I can tell you that I have had 4 ICOM A2 devices, and 3 had issues.

First one over heated and had the "FAN ERROR" and guess what, there is no fan in the A2, so it quit working with Tool32, and the red light always flashed, and finally stopped working with ISTA

2nd one brand new never worked with Tool32. Just would not connect. Then it over heated and would work only for 30 minutes at a time with ISTA P and D. Finally died completely.

3rd one never worked with Tool32 and overheated and all light when out and never came back on.

On my 4th one now in only 6 months of getting these things. It also will not work with Tool32. I have only had it 2 weeks and at least it does work with ISTA
08-03-2017, 18:02 PM,
XZBMW  RE: Icom A2(chinese clone)
(08-03-2017, 16:38 PM)snypertje Wrote:  What is the firmware version? and wich Ista are you using?

firmware is this one 1-40.05 and
ista-p 3.60 (spide80 version)
ista-d 4.02    

(08-03-2017, 17:50 PM)BMWS1000RR Wrote:  I dont have an answer for you to try on your issue, but I can tell you that I have had 4 ICOM A2 devices, and 3 had issues.

First one over heated and had the "FAN ERROR" and guess what, there is no fan in the A2, so it quit working with Tool32, and the red light always flashed, and finally stopped working with ISTA

2nd one brand new never worked with Tool32. Just would not connect. Then it over heated and would work only for 30 minutes at a time with ISTA P and D. Finally died completely.

3rd one never worked with Tool32 and overheated and all light when out and never came back on.

On my 4th one now in only 6 months of getting these things. It also will not work with Tool32. I have only had it 2 weeks and at least it does work with ISTA

can i ask what seller you bought it from, i bought my one from Ebay but it was a seller named Zues_tech (or similiar) from what i heard they are reputable and also gave me a 1 year warranty.

also may i ask what you did to make it work with ista? maybe i have missed a couple of steps or so.... thank you.
08-03-2017, 19:24 PM,
Instead of asking million question, ask already somebody to remote to your station via teamviewer it will be quick in-and-out job because it's going to be right there on spot, and assistant will know by heart where and what too look for.
Because i feel like something is missing out of puzzle
An Example:
Are all per-requirments are been meet or installed
is your firewall on or off?
is your EDIABAS.ini been properly configured
have you tried on another car,
is your cable(s) working
are all of the fuse o.k.
have you installed d-can software or not and if yes then how to uninstall
and so far and so on....
I personally hate to do remote stuff so don't ask me.

If any of my posts or current one helps then don't forget to press thanks and add a reputation thankyou
Visit this user's website
08-03-2017, 19:44 PM,
XZBMW  RE: Icom A2(chinese clone)
(08-03-2017, 19:24 PM)CATAHA Wrote:  Instead of asking million question, ask already somebody to remote to your station via teamviewer it will be quick in-and-out job because it's going to be right there on spot, and assistant will know by heart where and what too look for.
An Example:
is your cable(s) working
are all of the fuse o.k.
and so far and so on....

i totally appreciate what you mean and i will try the above mentioned. I didn't realise some members on this forum do remote services through team viewer and i would happily ask for assistance on this matter if they are able to do so through that means.

at the same time if there is a link on or guide on how to set up these ICOM A2's for Ista-D and Ista-P i would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.

Again i do apologise with all these questions being asked and i do appreciate all the help i have received so far.
08-03-2017, 20:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 20:14 PM by CATAHA.)
(08-03-2017, 19:44 PM)CMOSUK Wrote:  
(08-03-2017, 19:24 PM)CATAHA Wrote:  Instead of asking million question, ask already somebody to remote to your station via teamviewer it will be quick in-and-out job because it's going to be right there on spot, and assistant will know by heart where and what too look for.
An Example:
is your cable(s) working
are all of the fuse o.k.
and so far and so on....

i totally appreciate what you mean and i will try the above mentioned. I didn't realise some members on this forum do remote services through team viewer and i would happily ask for assistance on this matter if they are able to do so through that means.

at the same time if there is a link on or guide on how to set up these ICOM A2's for Ista-D and Ista-P i would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.

Again i do apologise with all these questions being asked and i do appreciate all the help i have received so far.

Start Over
Use RCleanerV4.4, restart and then DO NOT START ISTA JUST YET
Install following"
Java
Flash
PDF
SVG Viewer
.net 2.0 + 4.5.2 + 4.6.2
vcredist 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015 either x86 or x64
vs90_piaredist
Windows6.1-KB2819745
Visual Basic 6.0 Full Runtime 2.0
WinRar newest version
Open device manager and either turn off Firewall/ANTI-virus during use of ISTA-p/d or open ports that are required for ista
Install BMW Tool 2.12
Install EDIABAS_7.3.0_Patched version
open C:\EDIABAS\Bin\EDIABAS.ini and make sure it's been configured for REMOTE and YOUR_ICOM_IP_ADDRESS
now restart
Shutdown Firewall/ANTI-virus via computer/Device manager
open RheinGold enter "Key"
Open Again Rheingold Go to Configure your interface and choose default been connected via wire and ediabas
now try to connect and report
if thing still do not work then either your ANTI-virus is your problem or you have bad copy or or or

If any of my posts or current one helps then don't forget to press thanks and add a reputation thankyou
Visit this user's website
11-03-2017, 14:14 PM,
''Install EDIABAS_7.3.0_Patched version
open C:\EDIABAS\Bin\EDIABAS.ini and make sure it's been configured for REMOTE and YOUR_ICOM_IP_ADDRESS''

Hi

I have one in the ista-d folder as well and in c root.

Could it be this that's conflicting? If so should I delete a folder? If so which one?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
11-03-2017, 14:41 PM,
As said before, start over and follow the instructions. Disable antivirus/firewall. I've done quite a few remote installs of INPA/ISTA etc and really it isn't that hard. Just follow the instructions and you'll be good to go.
11-03-2017, 14:52 PM,
(11-03-2017, 14:41 PM)Spirit5676 Wrote:  As said before, start over and follow the instructions. Disable antivirus/firewall. I've done quite a few remote installs of INPA/ISTA etc and really it isn't that hard. Just follow the instructions and you'll be good to go.

kk ill give it another try.
13-03-2017, 13:24 PM,
I have installed it according to the above instructions but I'm still getting the same error in Ista-d

API-0006.

Is anyone able to do help me out and come onto Teamviewer and check it out?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [MEGA] Any ESYS Editions + PSDZ Full & Lite + ICOM Firmware + MANUALS + TOOLS hashtagmaster 102 34,747 Yesterday, 05:59 AM
Last Post: hashtagmaster
XZBMW Poor wifi signal from new ICOM's bmchicago 1 130 26-03-2024, 03:04 AM
Last Post: rocdeng
  E53 LCM Clone maninblack 10 248 25-03-2024, 14:03 PM
Last Post: Spitfire555
  For anyone having problem with ICOM NEXT FW update via ISTA+. ImmBoo 16 3,897 24-03-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Twointje
  TESTO tool with ICOM Rolzs 5 316 17-03-2024, 20:23 PM
Last Post: Vojno
  Request xHP 6HP decrypted files and icom flasher tste1982 10 826 05-03-2024, 22:47 PM
Last Post: bradsm87
  FRM repair and clone DME & DDE jaki 27 1,322 01-03-2024, 22:52 PM
Last Post: r0my81
XZBMW FEM MODUL CLONE arcelik 10 499 19-02-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: bm92
XZBMW ICOM Firmware (NEXT & A2) always current! Vojno 203 41,926 16-02-2024, 19:32 PM
Last Post: Vojno
XZBMW BMW_ISPI_ICOM-FW_03-23-22 & ICOM-Next-FW_04-23-22 shawnsheridan 22 2,371 05-02-2024, 23:47 PM
Last Post: vagrom