Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

BMW CIC PATCHER v2 - GENERATE YOUR OWN RETROFIT FSC CERTS
08-04-2017, 10:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2017, 11:03 AM by codemybmw.)
RE: RELEASED! BMW CIC PATCHER v2 - GENERATE YOUR OWN RETROFIT FSC CERTS - DONE IN 10 SEC
@intel123. - thanks again for your hard work. Very exciting times.

What is minimum version for CIC. Does CIC16 when 6NR was first introduced work?
What's file SWTPatch?

Will you be working on NBT/EVO one as well? smile
Can I donate to you friend?
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2017, 11:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 18-04-2017, 11:04 AM by volavka.)
RE: RELEASED! BMW CIC PATCHER v2 - GENERATE YOUR OWN RETROFIT FSC CERTS - DONE IN 10 SEC
Hello, minimum version is as said in thread - last one biggrin so please flash update cic and you are good to go, anyway you can try with the USB Autorun anyway, if version dont match it just wont do anything.

As for NBT/EVO/ID* they are next in line, NBT has no checks so only root cert patching will be enough, i will see about ID devices as i did not have them on the bench.

As for donation thank you for your offer, but currently i really don't need anything, all of this has been a lot of fun and im glad to contribute. So now just to prove my point to some people that i will not mention by name, i will do a complete line of BMW iDrives for free just so some people cannot make profit of CK other peoples work. Its not ethical and i do mind it. If its already CK, it should be for free like everything else on the internet.

take care

[Image: 18.08.44-17.09.18.gif]
BlackBOX Sistemi, Automotive   
Reputation: +10 - Czozen [+1] , Twoone [+1] , aknight720 [+1] , danyro [+1] , MaxBmw [+1] , lagunasec [+1] , moprea21 [+1] , benoos [+1] , Fx82 [+1] , bawareca [+1]
Visit this user's website
[+] 50 users say Thank You to intel123 for this post
08-04-2017, 11:23 AM,
(08-04-2017, 08:02 AM)intel123 Wrote:  Hello and im sorry but its not gonna happen. Its not likely that BMW will update any software except EVO ID5, CIC same as CCC and NBT is way out of their budget as nothing new is developed for these devices and there are no crucial security updates. Simple corporate rules. On the other hand, if i could spend so much time on this, least anyone can do is flash-update his CIC to match conditions for patching. I dont want to work with old software that is buggy or install each version to test on, simply dont have time for this nor i think it is worth the effort. I already published the whole procedure, so if anyone is interested he can make its own patcher. Source code will also be published so thats about it.

Amazing work from yourside for the patch and the publishing, without any doubt!!! adoreadoreadore

I did not mean to create you so much additional work to program the patch for any CIC version and test it again and again as you did it for the last version!! I though only about that to give the possibility to skip the SW compabitility step check, if you dont have any big doubts or you could point with which version you mean that it could be too dangerous to try, as for example the earliest CIC before 03/2010 or so itwasntme.

I mean when on the web are selling those codes for any CIC version without to point of softwareupdate, then either their codes are dangerous to brick the system becouse of SW state and they are trying just to sell them or sw changes between the I-steps regarding SWT / FSC technolgies are not any crucial changes in the way how is it working? Of course I dont know, what your patch on CIC includes and whether there are only SWT changing parameters or changes regarding SW state depending paramteres... That are simply questions from my side as not software engineer smile gavel

As every flash leads to uncalculated risks and espacially so big one like the CIC, so probably people could try firstly without update and if CIC becomes some problems and does not accept the FSC (of course without danger to brick CIC completely!), then people will know that after latest sw state your patch will be working 99,99%.

Thanks again for your great work!
08-04-2017, 11:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2017, 16:23 PM by intel123.)
Well there are so many versions of the SW and subversions and i just dont want to take any risk, patcher is doing match by hardcoded address and if it dont match patch is a no go. Tested already on many E and F cic's all around the world and it works without any problem. Other what you mentioned and that is selling online and now there are free giveaways, well, if you look at this thread: http://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=23341 you can see what happens when you use the solution. I have no bootloader mode, and its done in 10 seconds, flashing/patching is done in less then 5 when it starts so its really very hard to get it bricked. It works or it dont (due to SW incompatibility). I already published hex printout of the function, who is interested in playing with pattern searching he can be my guest and write better version. I mean, i can convert this to a pro-patch, but noone would like the price when i do something that i dont consider a free giveaway smile

[+] 2 users say Thank You to intel123 for this post
08-04-2017, 12:44 PM,
(07-04-2017, 21:23 PM)intel123 Wrote:  You should remove the script activator, to do it manually edit /etc/startl6sss.sh and remove second line "/mnt/EFS_RO/SWT_activate" or remove that file from system and script activation will be disabled. Also remove ans .swt files in /mnt/HBpersistence. After you did all that, you should follow the procedure. When you insert usb if it restarts afterwards you're good, if it wont something is wrong. You can look at console for output or if you dont have serial attached then cat /dev/ser1

Just to give a bit of feedback, if it would help ...

I had my cic with the las version without being script activated yet. Perform script activation with the first version, and as state, worked flawlessly.

Being a bit lazy, hehehe, did not connect to the cic to delete the script activation, plug the v2 and worked, after 10 seconds red screen and woke up.

adore

Will try to first check fsc's with donor vin to update first once and then try to upload the fsc with my car vin.
08-04-2017, 12:45 PM,
Cic. c1a is latest fw... its ok!

If this post helped you don't forget to press rep  yes and thanks  under
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Gatsby79 for this post
08-04-2017, 13:03 PM,
(07-04-2017, 21:38 PM)outubro Wrote:  Good evening,

Cic 16 can work.

outubro

Are you saying CIC16 works?
08-04-2017, 15:31 PM,
Just a quick question: will ista-p be able to load and enable these self created FSC codes?

Don't forget to press [Image: thanks.gif] and [Image: postbit_reputation.gif], if my post helped you.
08-04-2017, 16:27 PM,
Can I make a script to change the bmv logo to another picture? Thanks
08-04-2017, 16:57 PM,
@muhl2003, yes ista-p can install certificates, however, you will need to convert them to XML format for ista-p or progman use.

@IZGOY ill look into it

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bmw G31 retrofit Mgu id7 atm problem intranet 20 2,368 Today, 08:06 AM
Last Post: smilo
  Kafas issue aftrer ACC Retrofit It3_Magic 14 589 23-04-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: It3_Magic
  G82 rear tail lights CSL retrofit Sauron 10 782 20-04-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: SANYA
XZBMW Neck warmer retrofit Just2fast5 5 378 17-04-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Spirit5676
  ID4 evo to ID6 Evo full retrofit, ATM issues 03178A mitch32 1 181 15-04-2024, 17:52 PM
Last Post: mitch32
XZBMW BMW E84 Cruise control retrofit not workig Alyn546 4 219 12-04-2024, 14:23 PM
Last Post: DieStream
  F10 FLA retrofit beng2k 30 1,036 11-04-2024, 18:43 PM
Last Post: beng2k
XZBMW BMW f20 KOMBI2 retrofit bm92 15 509 10-04-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: bm92
  Car Systems / Custom Retrofit Garage ENBT Adapter Ulsmak 39 2,077 02-04-2024, 08:25 AM
Last Post: painsage
  E60 NBT Evo retrofit ZBE3 to ZBE4 painsage 7 268 31-03-2024, 18:35 PM
Last Post: painsage