Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Need help to swap cluster of Audi A4
25-05-2017, 10:43 AM,
Need help to swap cluster of Audi A4
I have 2 clusters dashboards for Audi A4
The original one (damaged for short circuit in the car fuses) and the new one which we got from a junk car same model.

I take off both clusters and the engine ecu (bosch ME7.5).
I have fvdi and xprog.
What is the steps to make this swap ?
Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2017, 10:50 AM,
RE: Need help to swap cluster of Audi A4
It's on forum.
http://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=20730
[+] 4 users say Thank You to darek_naprawa for this post
25-05-2017, 22:52 PM,
(25-05-2017, 10:50 AM)darek_naprawa Wrote:  It's on forum.
http://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=20730

I open the 2 clusters and use xprog to read 95460 REPROM.
I found that the 2 file is the same !!!!! Seems this is not the immo.
Any way i use fvdi by obd2 - k line cluster and choose Audi A4 RB4 but i cant get connection, only the old cluster can get login code.
I try to check ecu, immobilizer and dashboard.... only ecu can read and get cs code and MAC address

Where is the immo in this car?
How can i use fvdi to do this ?
26-05-2017, 19:09 PM,
I found the eeprom of cluster behind the needles
It is 24c08
Does this eeprom include the data of immo ?
Is this Audi A4 has bcm2 ?
27-05-2017, 09:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 27-05-2017, 09:38 AM by adel.nooh.)
I got yesterday DEF for the new cluster when i copy the original eeprom 24c08 to it by clip without soldering .
But i restore the previous eeprom data and it back working again.
It seems fvdi do this when i try to read the cluster by other type of cluster than Audi A4 RB4.
It is good that i make a backup before work with fvdi.

Anyway i still cant read the insttument (17) ... i only can read ECU and get the login code and cs ... after searching of similar case i found the problem may be from wiring between ECU - cluster and OBD2 port (w line and k line) :

W-line is connection between Cluster and ECU.
Basically it goes like this in ALH TDI :
Pin 16 of ECU K-line from ECU goes in Pin 5 Green connector W-line of cluster 
Then form Pin 25 Blue connector K-line of cluster goes to pin 7 OBD K-line .

I will check them today or tommorow because of Ramadan.

I am still not sure if the cluster of Audi A4 has the immo data or it exist in other place like in passat (comfort module) ????
02-06-2017, 16:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2017, 16:21 PM by adel.nooh.)
I used VCDS and do the following steps and success in adapt the new cluster and program the key.
biker

Now the next important step is to connect the Vag Commander software with supplied OBD2 cable to your car and connect to instrument cluster
*After connecting to the cluster choose the Read function at the top right of the screen, wait for the program to cycle and write down the 4 digit login number and make sure 
to label it "original pin" on your paper.

***NOTE- make sure to write down the current mileage on your cluster so you can properly change it on the new one.***

*Next with the ignition off you must remove the original cluster from your car and set it aside, connect the new (or used) donor cluster and re connect to vag commander.
*Follow the same steps as before and pull the 4 digit login number from the donor cluster, write it down and make sure to label it "donor pin".
*You can now close out the vag commander program until mileage correction which will be the last step in the process.

***A word of advice, I purchased a Vag K+Can handheld unit for pin retrival from Ebay and it turned out that it didn't do the trick. I strongly suggest purchasing or borrowing 
Vag Commander software which can be purchased with a cable for $30-$50, well worth it.***

*Now with the donor cluster installed, open up vag com and 
(copied from RossTech site)

[Select]
[17 - Instruments]

[Login - 11]
For the following procedure, use the PIN of the "Donor Pin" which you wrote down earlier.
4-digit PIN
Enter zero followed by the 4-digit PIN directly in the Login field. For example, if your PIN is 1234, enter 01234. 
[Do it!]

*Next select

[Adaptation - 10]
Enter 050 in "Channel Number".
[Read]
For the following procedure, use the "Original PIN" number you wrote down earlier.
4-digit PIN
Enter zero followed by the 4-digit PIN directly in the New Value field. For example, if your PIN is 1234, enter 01234. 
[Test]
The values may change to "32000", this is normal
[Save]
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]
Switch OFF the ignition and let the car sit for ~1 minute, then switch ON the ignition again.
Verify that the REPLACEMENT (NEW or USED) instrument cluster now shows the VIN/IMMO-ID of the vehicle now.

*Now you can match your keys (copied from RossTech site)

Key Matching

Prerequisites:
All keys are either new or were adapted to this car (IMMO-ID) before.
You can match up to 8 keys.
While adapting each key, make sure to place the other keys away from the ignition lock (reader coil). The passenger seat is an adequate place.
Battery voltage at least 12.5 V.

[Select]
[17 - Instruments]
[Meas. Blocks - 08]
Select Block 022.
[Go!]
The value in field 3 must be 1. If value is not 1, the key is not capable of being adapted to Immobilizer.
You can check each key in this manner.

Select Block 024.
[Go!]
Make sure the shown lock times in field 1, 2 and 3 are 0 (each field represents a time in minutes).
If the lock times are NOT 0:
Do NOT switch off the ignition!
Allow the car to sit for AT LEAST the number of minutes that were indicated by the fields 1-3.
[Done, Go Back]

[Login - 11]
4-digit PIN
Enter zero followed by the 4-digit PIN. For example, if your PIN is 1234, enter 01234.
[Do it!]

[Adaptation - 10]
Enter 21 in "Channel Number".
[Read]
The "Stored Value" is the number of keys currently matched.
Enter a "new value" corresponding to the total number of keys to be matched, including any existing keys.
Any old keys are automatically being cleared. All keys, including existing keys, must be ç at the same time.
[Save]
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]
Repeat the following steps until all Keys have been matched:
Switch Ignition OFF and remove Key.
Insert the next Key and switch Ignition ON.
The Immobilizer Warning Light will light for ~2 seconds, wait until it goes out, indicating that the key has been matched.
Note: The above must be completed within 60 seconds after saving the Adaptation!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MQB AKL / ADD A KEY METHOD - Patched now (VW/AUDI/SKODA) Ryan. 7 2,918 27-03-2024, 02:39 AM
Last Post: khaledDsfk
  Solved ✔ AUDI Q7 2012 EDC17CP44 mm04kk 5 120 26-03-2024, 21:08 PM
Last Post: BmwMerc
ZTAudi Solved ✔ immo off edc15VM+ AUDI A4 V6 gafari 4 122 23-03-2024, 21:27 PM
Last Post: gafari
  Gateway Audi A7 sito 0 50 21-03-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: sito
  Audi A6 0CK TCU Immo Off 4G1927153B rehatflogs 4 143 20-03-2024, 00:18 AM
Last Post: rehatflogs
  audi pcr2.1 need immo off TKservice 1 73 19-03-2024, 15:10 PM
Last Post: flamuri
  2009 Nissan cabstar 2.5dci Denso 275800 ecu swap deutsch 3 100 19-03-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: raffy haddad
  Audi A5 SIMOS 12.1 ecu clone or immo off immokill 1 72 14-03-2024, 17:43 PM
Last Post: jokir
  Audi A8 D4 bcm2 dump repair fault 02811 kuki88 1 64 13-03-2024, 18:00 PM
Last Post: ROD-BENDERS
ZTAudi Solved ✔ IMMO OFF AUDI A2 ME7.5 Black Alien 4 150 13-03-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Black Alien