Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

05-06-2017, 13:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2017, 13:26 PM by Burt_100.)
LFord  VCM II
I am thinking of buying a China clone VCM II can anyone advise on their quality and also if they are updatable through IDS same as the original? I will be looking for it for general diagnostics plus programming
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2017, 22:18 PM,
RE: VCM II
I have ford vcm2 from China works good and vcxdiag ford ids nano also works good and update works.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to philipcoin for this post
06-06-2017, 06:30 AM,
(05-06-2017, 22:18 PM)philipcoin Wrote:  I have ford vcm2 from China works good and vcxdiag ford ids nano also works good and update works.
Does update work on both? Which is more stable?
06-06-2017, 07:20 AM,
Vcxdiag update works but not try vcm2 for update.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to philipcoin for this post
07-06-2017, 18:28 PM,
You can upgrade and downgrade anytime anykind of VCM2 clone.Try anykind of software ,will not lock your VCM2, will just kickout .
i have tried even the 1-5 days demo without patch ids 101,103,105 so on.
And after that downgrade firmware for my V86 with Calibrations.

Only thing is that you have to know how to downgrade firmware in boot mode.
Thats another story.
But remember, VCM2 will not die.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to votkarel for this post
11-06-2017, 08:25 AM,
(07-06-2017, 18:28 PM)votkarel Wrote:  You can upgrade and downgrade anytime anykind of VCM2 clone.Try anykind of software ,will not lock your VCM2, will just kickout .

Thats another story.

There seams to be mixed opinions on which to buy i can only find single pcb versions but i have reas that its only a vx diag in a vci case? Have you any feedback on this?
11-06-2017, 08:53 AM,
Personally I would avoid the single PCB versions. The single PCB version is also known as a SP-239 B clone. This is basically a deriviative of the SP-239/SP-239 W (Wi-Fi) interface which is commonly known as VCXdiag or VCXnano. These are technically no real VCM 2 clones.

I personally prefer a 100% VCM 2 clone. I personally own a so called B-quality clone. This type of clone is technically identical to the original VCM 2 interface. However compared to the original VCM 2 interface some cheaper/alternative components are used as a replacement for some less critical components of the PCB. A so called A-quality clone should be completely identical to the original VCM 2 interface.

My B-quality clone is fully compatible with the original VCM 2 interface. Just like the original VCM 2 interface the software on my VCM 2 clone can be upgraded/downgraded to any version. I currently use IDS version 105.5 without any problems.
[+] 7 users say Thank You to Focus2013 for this post
28-07-2017, 17:51 PM,
(07-06-2017, 18:28 PM)votkarel Wrote:  You can upgrade and downgrade anytime anykind of VCM2 clone.Try anykind of software ,will not lock your VCM2, will just kickout .

Thats another story.

HI friend , need advice may i to know what version ids work with fmp version ?