Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

ISTA-D Blank page for ABL functions when connected with ICOM
06-07-2017, 03:11 AM,
XZBMW  ISTA-D Blank page for ABL functions when connected with ICOM
ISTA-D 4.03.31

I am unable to bring up ABL functions when connected to ISTA-D with ICOM.
ICOM firmware is updated to the latest FW which came with the standalone package.

I am able to bring up ABL functions when I run the search entering the VIN.
All the other functions of ISTA-D seems to be running correctly.

I need the ABL function because I am in the middle of the transmission fluid change and want to complete the service with the assist of ISTA-D (to monitor the transmission temp)

If anyone has an input as to what maybe the issue please chime in.

Thanks

P.S: I used to run an older version of ISTA-D without any issues but I don't have the setup files for that version anymore.
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2017, 03:25 AM,
RE: ISTA-D Blank page for ABL functions when connected with ICOM
(06-07-2017, 03:11 AM)clubs07 Wrote:  ISTA-D 4.03.31

ICOM firmware is updated to the latest FW which came with the standalone package.

I need the ABL function because I am in the middle of the transmission fluid change and want to complete the service with the assist of ISTA-D (to monitor the transmission temp)

Thanks

P.S: I used to run an older version of ISTA-D without any issues but I don't have the setup files for that version anymore.

It's bugs for this version. The solution is update to the latest ISTA-D.
06-07-2017, 03:43 AM,
Thanks I was thinking it could be a software related issue too.
Do you by any chance have a link to the latest ISTA-D. All the attachments in the threads seems to be not working yet because of the server migration.

(06-07-2017, 03:25 AM)wafi Wrote:  
(06-07-2017, 03:11 AM)clubs07 Wrote:  ISTA-D 4.03.31

Thanks

It's bugs for this version. The solution is update to the latest ISTA-D.
06-07-2017, 19:40 PM,
I installed 4.05.31 with SQliteDBs 4.05.30 and still am unable to get ABL service functions show up when connected with ICOM. Everything else seems to work fine with the software.

If anyone had a similar issue and managed to resolve it please lmk. Both of the versions I have tried were standalone versions.

I was unable to install the Net Frameworks, 4.5.2 and 4.6.2 since a later version (I think 4.7) was already installed in Win 10. I don't think that would be the culprit.

I guess I will install INPA and get the job done with it.
06-07-2017, 19:55 PM,
I think you have broken config file. Have you ran cleaner and got a new one when reinstalling?
06-07-2017, 20:57 PM,
Yeap. i followed the FAQ instructions to the tee. Used RCleaner V4.4 exe and ISTA-D Reg Fix x64 (I am running a 64 bit version of Windows) before starting ISTA-D

I also rebooted after using the RCleaner. I don't really know what is wrong since I don't see anyone else reporting the same issue with ISTA-D the versions I am having the problem with.

I had an older version of ISTA-D in my previous setup (that wasn't a standalone version) and I didn't have any problems running ABL functions(I registered and AMG battery at some point with the older version)

(06-07-2017, 19:55 PM)Node Wrote:  I think you have broken config file. Have you ran cleaner and got a new one when reinstalling?
07-07-2017, 02:45 AM,
An update, I installed it 4.05.31 with SQliteDBs 4.05.30 fresh on a Windows 7 32 bit VM. I am still having the same problem. Some ABL service functions show up. However the one I need "Transmission Control Unit - Oil Balancing" only appear when I enter the VIN manually. If I connect with the ICOM I am unable to find that function. The search returns a blank page as if that function does not exist.

I tried INPA and I am getting ApiREsult Text: Error #134 API-0014: Result Not Found error, when I try to check the Transmission Oil temp. I guess I will do the oil change with an Infrared thermometer
07-07-2017, 06:51 AM,
That usually means the specific gearbox in that car does not support it. VIN entry does not identify specific gearbox control unit so it shows all ABLs available for any modification of that car.
07-07-2017, 17:02 PM,
I doubt it, since it is a GM6 transmission. GA6L45R (GM6)

The car is a 2008 BMW 328i

The only thing that service function needs is a transmission fluid temperature reading from the tranny.
For the most part thr ABL just guides you what to do, e.g. release the park brake shift through the gears etc.
I saw someone sharing the screenshots of the procedure.

(07-07-2017, 06:51 AM)Node Wrote:  That usually means the specific gearbox in that car does not support it. VIN entry does not identify specific gearbox control unit so it shows all ABLs available for any modification of that car.
08-07-2017, 00:08 AM,
Anyway I am able to get the transmission temperature reading from ISTA-D when I call up the functions of the EGS. But I couldn't manage to bring up the ABL service funtion for the transmission oil balancing no matter what I tried.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ista 4.46 Standalone kiranabc 61 8,697 Yesterday, 04:49 AM
Last Post: kiranabc
XZBMW [MEGA] ISTA 4.32 // ISTA-P 3.72 + ALL LOADER up to 6.6 // no license needed hashtagmaster 60 18,056 18-04-2024, 18:36 PM
Last Post: alexak
XZBMW ISTA Standalone Licenserequest up to v4.37.4x Sedoy 8,696 651,552 18-04-2024, 14:17 PM
Last Post: Sedoy
XZBMW ISTA+ 4.45.3x Install Files - MEGA shawnsheridan 10 2,187 18-04-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: rocdeng
  [MEGA] Any ESYS Editions + PSDZ Full & Lite + ICOM Firmware + MANUALS + TOOLS hashtagmaster 105 35,855 17-04-2024, 18:36 PM
Last Post: hashtagmaster
  ISTA Polish SQLiteDBs 4.45.30 PL Thomas77 0 96 17-04-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Thomas77
XZBMW ISTA+ 4.46.5x Install Files - MEGA shawnsheridan 4 784 16-04-2024, 14:31 PM
Last Post: shawnsheridan
XZBMW ISTA 4.46.5x I-LEVEL+OVERVIEW AutoExe3219 0 217 16-04-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: AutoExe3219
XZBMW ISTA+ 4.39 add/enable Expertmode ABL alex_cv 3 293 14-04-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: alex_cv
  ISTA File Missing? Homersbud 5 287 13-04-2024, 23:53 PM
Last Post: rocdeng