Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Flash DME/DDE with Alpina sw
28-08-2017, 13:30 PM,
RE: Flash DME/DDE with Alpina sw
So where is the point changing parts just for 30 HP
example: stock D4 bi turbo has 345 HP BMW STOCK 313HP (N57Z)
easy re-map in this engine give additional roughly 80-100HP
so don't understand alpina politics
Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2017, 13:56 PM,
(28-08-2017, 13:30 PM)masa52 Wrote:  So where is the point changing parts just for 30 HP
example: stock D4 bi turbo has 345 HP BMW STOCK 313HP (N57Z)
easy re-map in this engine give additional roughly 80-100HP
so don't understand alpina politics

Durability with low fuel consumption paired with excelent driving dynamic are some of the politics.

Next step if you are a manufaturer meanwhile near all over the world you wont have warranty issues.

Of course you can program al lot more of hp, but how long.
I remember the F1 engine 1.5l but dont ask how much working hours the engine had, somtimes only a qualifying, not more.

(Driving ALPINA cars is not only power it is always a complete package and philosophy of your life.)
[+] 2 users say Thank You to B1257 for this post
28-08-2017, 14:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 28-08-2017, 14:38 PM by mmm335.)
(28-08-2017, 12:46 PM)B1257 Wrote:  
(28-08-2017, 11:19 AM)cryptocar Wrote:  With some effort the Alpina EGS software can be made compatible with a non Alpina engine. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TCU yes, but ECU never. Often the transmission has modifications, sometimes gear ratio is different. The stock engines have lower power (torque) therefore the TCU map is (may be) ok, but not the goal.

(28-08-2017, 11:23 AM)masa52 Wrote:  B1257 agree with petrol engines, but diesels are only re-map I reckon

Example D3 D4 differences exhaust manifold, raw air deviation, inlet grille, raw air part 1 part 2, intercooler, tailpipe and transmission...

Not only software, the modified parts will give the engine a better load change. I remember more boost with the same parts will result in a higher intake manifold temperature. So parts have to be modified for better air intake temperature and air flow. (These are the physical restrictions I was takling about)

These mods you can find near on all engines, different MAFs with higher diameter, pipes and stacks to improve airflow and espiration.

find this hard to believe since your capable of flashing stock n54 dme with stage 1 and even stage 2 using mhd which i would think surpasses alpina based software.

not to mention i think my n54 would out perform the alpina based n54 lol ST conversion with a PTE 6266 stock internals and its been fine for years running 22psi on stock internals.
28-08-2017, 17:11 PM,
Flash DME/DDE with Alpina sw
(28-08-2017, 12:46 PM)B1257 Wrote:  
(28-08-2017, 11:19 AM)cryptocar Wrote:  With some effort the Alpina EGS software can be made compatible with a non Alpina engine. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TCU yes, but ECU never. Often the transmission has modifications, sometimes gear ratio is different. The stock engines have lower power (torque) therefore the TCU map is (may be) ok, but not the goal.

(28-08-2017, 11:23 AM)masa52 Wrote:  B1257 agree with petrol engines, but diesels are only re-map I reckon

Example D3 D4 differences exhaust manifold, raw air deviation, inlet grille, raw air part 1 part 2, intercooler, tailpipe and transmission...

Not only software, the modified parts will give the engine a better load change. I remember more boost with the same parts will result in a higher intake manifold temperature. So parts have to be modified for better air intake temperature and air flow. (These are the physical restrictions I was takling about)

These mods you can find near on all engines, different MAFs with higher diameter, pipes and stacks to improve airflow and espiration.

ECU never? I don't think so. i tune primarily BMW DMEs professionally and have the full DAMOS/mapping files for the ZF8, F30 B3, and all the stock engines. Just a matter of comparing the files to each other cross referencing the tables and modify it like any other DME tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If this post helped you in anyway please use the thanks and/or REP buttons down here.under Thanks!
29-08-2017, 01:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 29-08-2017, 01:10 AM by B1257.)
(28-08-2017, 17:11 PM)cryptocar Wrote:  ECU never? I don't think so. i tune primarily BMW DMEs professionally and have the full DAMOS/mapping files for the ZF8, F30 B3, and all the stock engines. Just a matter of comparing the files to each other cross referencing the tables and modify it like any other DME tune. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I start programming engine maps at the beginning of 1990. I have DAMOS too and as a developer for MCU application I only can say.
Only some small modification inside a turbin are enough and you have to start the process of mapping again. Especially the partial load is important for a good fuel consumption. May some of the things can be CFD simulated with software like Comsol, but for results like ALPINA maps the engine have to put on a testbench. Even a good knowledge about engine management and physic is important. So if you want reach this results you have to be a real mastermind.

If we take a look at ALPINAs history we can talk about 52 years, even a lot of racing experience in the 70´s, 80´s (DTM) and at the end of 2000. If a company with only 200 workers start come back in 2009 in the GT Masters and only three years later they win the campionship in the second last race.

So if I see the results all over the years and the position on the market this company and the products are made from heaven.

As I told power is not everyhng, if you want fly like a Concorde over the highway buy a G-Power Monster. But if you want drive in the morning into your office in the sport mode with more than 600hp and in the evening to the opera with your wife than I recommend to buy an ALPINA.

I respect all the abilities about your work and any other user too, but to reach results like this company you will need the whole package and not only a modified TCU or ECU map. Therefore my opinion is it is only the half way. If you drive these cars more than two decades you would say the same, believe me.

I flashed in the past the ALPINA TCU file to a stock E3X let me say it was much better but it was never a B3.
31-08-2017, 01:48 AM,
(29-08-2017, 01:06 AM)B1257 Wrote:  
(28-08-2017, 17:11 PM)cryptocar Wrote:  ECU never? I don't think so. i tune primarily BMW DMEs professionally and have the full DAMOS/mapping files for the ZF8, F30 B3, and all the stock engines. Just a matter of comparing the files to each other cross referencing the tables and modify it like any other DME tune. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I start programming engine maps at the beginning of 1990. I have DAMOS too and as a developer for MCU application I only can say.
Only some small modification inside a turbin are enough and you have to start the process of mapping again. Especially the partial load is important for a good fuel consumption. May some of the things can be CFD simulated with software like Comsol, but for results like ALPINA maps the engine have to put on a testbench. Even a good knowledge about engine management and physic is important. So if you want reach this results you have to be a real mastermind.

If we take a look at ALPINAs history we can talk about 52 years, even a lot of racing experience in the 70´s, 80´s (DTM) and at the end of 2000. If a company with only 200 workers start come back in 2009 in the GT Masters and only three years later they win the campionship in the second last race.

So if I see the results all over the years and the position on the market this company and the products are made from heaven.

As I told power is not everyhng, if you want fly like a Concorde over the highway buy a G-Power Monster. But if you want drive in the morning into your office in the sport mode with more than 600hp and in the evening to the opera with your wife than I recommend to buy an ALPINA.

I respect all the abilities about your work and any other user too, but to reach results like this company you will need the whole package and not only a modified TCU or ECU map. Therefore my opinion is it is only the half way. If you drive these cars more than two decades you would say the same, believe me.

I flashed in the past the ALPINA TCU file to a stock E3X let me say it was much better but it was never a B3.

I fully understand where you're coming from. I'm not trying to replicate an Alpina built car, I'm building a completely custom car, not intended to be a DD, based around a 335xi, engine has been stripped down, rebuilt with forged internals, new valvetrain, ported and polished cylinder head with bigger valves, cast intake manifold with integrated PI, custom Borg Warner EFR 67mm turbo with a custom designed exhaust manifold that has had CFD simulations run on it, along with that the rest of the car is completely modified and has more non BMW parts than BMW at this point. I'm just looking for a way to work on upgrading the transmission software so it handles higher torque better and if necessary the hardware as well. My car was already pushing close to 600whp on a Pure turbo. So I'm really not trying to make an Alpina car at all, im trying to find a way to help my driveline on my custom racecar, not something that will make a long term DD, if I was doing that I'd buy an Alpina or M, instead I'm just doing my own thing on a 335xi its just a pet project really, not so arrogant that I think I can with only a few people's help replicate a car designed and engineered like a top end company such as Alpina.

If this post helped you in anyway please use the thanks and/or REP buttons down here.under Thanks!
02-09-2017, 06:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2017, 14:50 PM by B1257.)
(31-08-2017, 01:48 AM)cryptocar Wrote:  I fully understand where you're coming from. I'm not trying to replicate an Alpina built car, I'm building a completely custom car, not intended to be a DD, based around a 335xi, engine has been stripped down, rebuilt with forged internals, new valvetrain, ported and polished cylinder head with bigger valves, cast intake manifold with integrated PI, custom Borg Warner EFR 67mm turbo with a custom designed exhaust manifold that has had CFD simulations run on it, along with that the rest of the car is completely modified and has more non BMW parts than BMW at this point. I'm just looking for a way to work on upgrading the transmission software so it handles higher torque better and if necessary the hardware as well. My car was already pushing close to 600whp on a Pure turbo. So I'm really not trying to make an Alpina car at all, im trying to find a way to help my driveline on my custom racecar, not something that will make a long term DD, if I was doing that I'd buy an Alpina or M, instead I'm just doing my own thing on a 335xi its just a pet project really, not so arrogant that I think I can with only a few people's help replicate a car designed and engineered like a top end company such as Alpina.

This (track tool) project sounds interesting, but with all engine changes it is near a complete new engine indexing. As I mentioned before I respect all oher user projects. A lot of years ago I start the same engine buildings, everything costs a lot of money and time, the results let me say ok, but not 100. For the 100 you need to flange the engine on a testbench, disable the pressure boost loop and pulse the pressure static, so you can drive to every address and set the right ignition timing with lambda. After some days (and may be some modifications) the map is finished. Before starting the mapping process the complete engine concept should be finished.

As I told only a small change on a turbin will result in a different map. Today it is easier with OBD logging like the past or at the beginning of the 90s. Therefore the ECUs are more complex, VANOS, dynamic boost control, PWM intake manifiold, all these parameters should be in mind while the map is programmed.

Even if you have the electronic skills, the testbench and all other stuff, you will need this feeling to put the right things together and programm the right timing.

I say it because I had the incredible chance in my life to met one of the real masterminds in engine programming. After that point in my life I knew what the horizon can be (F1). This has nothing to do to be conceited it is only the circumstance to know how the real Pros are programming. Believe me this is a complete different league, there are so much things I never realized at the beginning and it takes a lot of time to understand why and how.

Of course it is a learning process as well and not only elecronic skillls are neccesary, even a lot of thermodynamic physic and engine knowledge is a good basic for best results.

Regarding to my post "ECU never", I mean if you flash an ALPINA engine map in the same stock engine it wont work, nothing more.
Hope this will clearify my post.

ALPINAs possibilities at the headquarter are incredible, everything you will need you will find there, even a lot of testbenchs.
[+] 4 users say Thank You to B1257 for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW Manual : How to Flash Any NBTevo ID4 to ID5 or ID6 ECE/US/ASIA FSCmap 184 53,256 6 hours ago
Last Post: Bag3ban1
  Flash CAS 3 for disable ELV UnFan 3 194 19-04-2024, 08:20 AM
Last Post: ravager
XZBMW Alpina D5 Gearbox Software robka 545 148,365 11-04-2024, 05:37 AM
Last Post: user_530d
XZBMW Flash MPPK software 20D B47 (Esys) ruben_17non 5 576 10-04-2024, 21:38 PM
Last Post: ruben_17non
XZBMW BMW G8x M3/M4 CSL EGS flash weby 22 3,651 31-03-2024, 19:48 PM
Last Post: Erezbmwm
XZBMW m2 g87 csl flash Erezbmwm 0 132 31-03-2024, 18:46 PM
Last Post: Erezbmwm
  CCC flash WINKFP ICOM BimmerSLO 9 366 29-03-2024, 19:17 PM
Last Post: Hoborg
XZBMW E84 X1 25d with 8hp45x how to flash Alp*na or other EGS hasn38 0 115 23-03-2024, 00:26 AM
Last Post: hasn38
  mini r50 dashboard 3K91D pinout, dash bricked, i need flash and eeprom matiz 10 1,524 22-03-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: urgi
XZBMW DKOMBI2 G12 FLASH DUMP sebastianfernandes 2 256 03-03-2024, 06:46 AM
Last Post: sebastianfernandes