Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

HELP,Installing dealer dme using ista/p procedure
06-10-2017, 12:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2017, 12:51 PM by cclaypool16.)
XZBMW  HELP,Installing dealer dme using ista/p procedure
Can anybody help and give me detailed procedure on installing dme bought from bmw dealer,I have working ista/d istsa/p and bmw tools,when I installed dme and opened ista/p to program,sync,code dme it was saying dme not communicating it was like it was completely dead dme,any help would be appreciated,Thanks ...

If I helped you please add *THANKS* + *REP* clapping
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2017, 13:06 PM,
RE: HELP,Installing dealer dme using ista/p procedure
When start ista/p ask you if have any exchanged ecu and give you a list,you must check DME and execute the measure plan,the ecu must be visible,if iots not visible chekc the main realy first and fuses...if not can do anything write a PM your skype and we can talk there....
[+] 2 users say Thank You to bmwbmw for this post
06-10-2017, 13:26 PM,
(06-10-2017, 13:06 PM)bmwbmw Wrote:  When start ista/p ask you if have any exchanged ecu and give you a list,you must check DME and execute the measure plan,the ecu must be visible,if iots not visible chekc the main realy first and fuses...if not can do anything write a PM your skype and we can talk there....

When I install old dme back in car it shows up in list,only when I put new dme back in car it shows an ews manipulation error,and would not let me proceed..Maybe the problem is I was installing new dme then starting bmw software,should try to start bmw software with old dme installed then will it instruct me to change out dme ?

06-10-2017, 16:28 PM,
Hi

If it is new from the dealer it should has the secret key write on DME ,which is the same that you have on CAS/EWS.
manipulation error means that the secret ket does not match DME and CAS because they are not the same.
If it is new should have a label with vin number of the car .

(06-10-2017, 13:26 PM)cclaypool16 Wrote:  
(06-10-2017, 13:06 PM)bmwbmw Wrote:  When start ista/p ask you if have any exchanged ecu and give you a list,you must check DME and execute the measure plan,the ecu must be visible,if iots not visible chekc the main realy first and fuses...if not can do anything write a PM your skype and we can talk there....

When I install old dme back in car it shows up in list,only when I put new dme back in car it shows an ews manipulation error,and would not let me proceed..Maybe the problem is I was installing new dme then starting bmw software,should try to start bmw software with old dme installed then will it instruct me to change out dme ?
[+] 2 users say Thank You to pdc for this post
06-10-2017, 16:38 PM,
If the ISN is not matching it will not work. It is the parallel secret key that CAS uses to communicate with DME and EGS. It is not only the VIN to be the same, ISN also has to be. If BMW dealer gave you proper DME coded by your VIN number, it should work without issues.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to raduandrei82 for this post
06-10-2017, 17:06 PM,
(06-10-2017, 16:38 PM)raduandrei82 Wrote:  If the ISN is not matching it will not work. It is the parallel secret key that CAS uses to communicate with DME and EGS. It is not only the VIN to be the same, ISN also has to be. If BMW dealer gave you proper DME coded by your VIN number, it should work without issues.

The guy at the BMW dealer told me the new dme comes clean,and that the service dept uses special software to program,sync,and code all the proper info in the dme as this was what I was told by them before I bought it,I had all the working software to do this part myself but didn't inform them of this,so if I have ista/p then I should be able to do this myself,correct ? Can anyone with first hand knowledge that has done this please chime in,not saying anyone of your responses are wrong and I appreciate all your help this is such an awesome forum with so much knowledge you guys ROCK rock

07-10-2017, 06:06 AM,
I have replaced many ecu's using ista/p.
Are you using latest version? If so it should communicate with your new ecu. Bare in mind ista/d will show the ecu in red until it is programmed and coded with ista/p
[+] 2 users say Thank You to tonemoz for this post
07-10-2017, 06:34 AM,
Send a photo of new ecu

(06-10-2017, 17:06 PM)cclaypool16 Wrote:  
(06-10-2017, 16:38 PM)raduandrei82 Wrote:  If the ISN is not matching it will not work. It is the parallel secret key that CAS uses to communicate with DME and EGS. It is not only the VIN to be the same, ISN also has to be. If BMW dealer gave you proper DME coded by your VIN number, it should work without issues.

The guy at the BMW dealer told me the new dme comes clean,and that the service dept uses special software to program,sync,and code all the proper info in the dme as this was what I was told by them before I bought it,I had all the working software to do this part myself but didn't inform them of this,so if I have ista/p then I should be able to do this myself,correct ? Can anyone with first hand knowledge that has done this please chime in,not saying anyone of your responses are wrong and I appreciate all your help this is such an awesome forum with so much knowledge you guys ROCK rock
10-10-2017, 16:48 PM,
(07-10-2017, 06:06 AM)tonemoz Wrote:  I have replaced many ecu's using ista/p.
Are you using latest version? If so it should communicate with your new ecu. Bare in mind ista/d will show the ecu in red until it is programmed and coded with ista/p

I can confirm that. It is acually funny that it really does not answer in ISTA/D at all, before coding.
In ISTA/P I have never told anything special about DDE/DME, at least AOS version can detect that there is new DME/DDE and handle it proper without any asking anything.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to jaki for this post
10-10-2017, 17:58 PM,
XZBMW  RE: HELP,Installing dealer dme using ista/p procedure
(10-10-2017, 16:48 PM)jaki Wrote:  
(07-10-2017, 06:06 AM)tonemoz Wrote:  I have replaced many ecu's using ista/p.

I can confirm that. It is acually funny that it really does not answer in ISTA/D at all, before coding.
In ISTA/P I have never told anything special about DDE/DME, at least AOS version can detect that there is new DME/DDE and handle it proper without any asking anything.

Yes you are correct,worked great once I used ISTA/P and used measures plan,Thanks guys !!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW ISTA+ Licenserequest 4.45.30 B O S S 12 365 1 hour ago
Last Post: 2013m5
XZBMW ISTA Standalone Licenserequest up to v4.37.4x Sedoy 8,709 663,055 5 hours ago
Last Post: Sedoy
  ISTA 4.47 test plan not available on M3 bmwm3power 3 74 6 hours ago
Last Post: 2013m5
XZBMW ISTA+ 4.47.1x Install Files - MEGA shawnsheridan 12 1,385 11 hours ago
Last Post: shawnsheridan
  ista 4.46 Standalone kiranabc 84 10,556 Yesterday, 13:18 PM
Last Post: kiranabc
XZBMW ISTA 4.46.xx problems and possible solution Sedoy 97 11,621 25-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: vld
XZBMW ISTA 4.47.1x I-LEVEL+OVERVIEW AutoExe3219 0 239 24-04-2024, 22:52 PM
Last Post: AutoExe3219
XZBMW [MEGA] ISTA 4.32 // ISTA-P 3.72 + ALL LOADER up to 6.6 // no license needed hashtagmaster 61 18,379 21-04-2024, 22:17 PM
Last Post: grizzle
XZBMW ISTA SQLiteDBs PL Polish 4.40.12 - 4.40.40 maksymw 3 984 21-04-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: matigdy
XZBMW Update ISTA 4.39.20 SQLiteDBs Italian Language diman64 10 1,000 20-04-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: elettra19