Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Help..stuck in eco mode
12-10-2017, 19:19 PM,
PCitroen  Help..stuck in eco mode
Hi
dont know what the problem is with this c2 hdi. car starts but stuck in eco mode so no power steering wiper radio ect...battery is ok and alternator is charging at the correct voltage...done bsi reset..checked can wiring and its ok but snap on diagnosis says communication error to ecu permanant..its not the ecu unless the immo off does something to the communication to the bsi unit? any ideas how to get this damn thing out of eco mode even if i have to hard wire it would be appreciated....cheers
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2017, 21:32 PM,
RE: Help..stuck in eco mode
HI
the problm is in the comenecation betwine the ecu and bsi and i think for that you have a immo off in ecu
you need to check the can line betwine the ecu and bsi
good luck
13-10-2017, 21:30 PM,
Hi
ive checked all can wiring and for any low or shorted out to ground wires. bsi 120ohms ecu 120ohms total 60ohms in parallel..either bsi has thrown in the towel so to speak or ecu is not speaking a language the bsi can understand...ordered whole ecu kit so will see where this problem lies..will update once kit arrives
27-10-2017, 19:18 PM,
PCitroen  RE: Help..stuck in eco mode
Found fault. the power steering ecu behind battery. can data lines were low ohms and prevented engine ecu information getting to bsi unit hence with immo off in engine ecu car would start no powering steering no rev counter no abs no speedo and stuck in eco mode...never have come accross a fault like this before...i thought the key was not being read or faulty even tried the steering column just in case the comm 2000 was faulty...new something was amiss when i changed a known key bsi ecu and the car refused to start...
27-10-2017, 19:26 PM,
Hello,
Ive just been reading through the thread- good to see you have figured out the issue. Great to read as im learning about peugeot citroen can communication systems. It reminded me that on some can achitectures the ecu and bsi can wires have the abs/esp ecu in between them. if theres a fault with the abs esp can system engine and bsi communcations could be at fault.

thanks for updating your thread with your findings.

regards
Gaz

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  diagbox economy mode ronaldo2002 4 931 24-01-2023, 06:36 AM
Last Post: aidbar2