Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Solved ✔ FStool - CHECK_FSC - Map update - Video - Need help!
18-10-2017, 08:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 19-10-2017, 14:29 PM by Clusters.)
FStool - CHECK_FSC - Map update - Video - Need help!
Guys,
I am kinda new to this and been trying to update navigation map on on my E92 script activated CiC retrofit.
Here I am trying to force the CiC in CHECK_FSC status to update the map.

I also tried the SWT patcher script by Intel123 but it didn't do anything. I guess my CiC is an older version and I don't know how to find the version info.
Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2017, 14:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 18-10-2017, 14:44 PM by Pl@y3R.)
RE: FStool - CHECK_FSC - Map update - Video - Need help!
(18-10-2017, 08:05 AM)Nixer Wrote:  Guys,
I am kinda new to this and been trying to update navigation map on on my E92 script activated CiC retrofit.
Here I am trying to force the CiC in CHECK_FSC status to update the map.

I also tried the SWT patcher script by Intel123 but it didn't do anything. I guess my CiC is an older version and I don't know how to find the version info.

I created a video of what I tried to do so you can correct if there was something wrong.
Thanks for the help!

Hi,you don't have fsc for 1b in cic. if Intel's patcher doesn't work for your cic the software is too old, i've explained you how to check software version in other thread. Try to update to latest C1A, screen goes red then reboot, cic will be virginized, only root accepted when you get status. Inside the patcher you have sigs, fscs and fsc for 17,19,1b,9b and 9c, then you change vin in fsc, you put your car's vin, save as xxxxxxx_0001b.fsc (example) xxx is car's vin, then you open fstool,connection,enabling codes, load from file you put fsc for application(1b,...) then you click edit, a window will open you click sign, save as then apply, swt develop, storesigs,check sigs,store fscs, check fscs, store fsc, check fsc when get_status everything should be accepted, then you repeat the steps for all aplication without sigs. Those steps worked in a friend's car, in mine i have 11049 error when i check_fsc status.Good luck, hope it helped.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Pl@y3R for this post
18-10-2017, 15:12 PM,
Hello, Thanks for the response. I don't have an icom to update the software on CiC. So for now I need to use this method to update the map.
18-10-2017, 16:27 PM,
(18-10-2017, 15:12 PM)Nixer Wrote:  Hello, Thanks for the response. I don't have an icom to update the software on CiC. So for now I need to use this method to update the map.
You need a valid fsc set to write in the cic, if you ask for it in the forum someone can help you
18-10-2017, 16:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 18-10-2017, 16:59 PM by Nixer.)
(18-10-2017, 16:27 PM)Pl@y3R Wrote:  
(18-10-2017, 15:12 PM)Nixer Wrote:  Hello, Thanks for the response. I don't have an icom to update the software on CiC. So for now I need to use this method to update the map.
You need a valid fsc set to write in the cic, if you ask for it in the forum someone can help you

I hope so. I am not sure if intel123's script overwrote the original fscs/certificates. I shouldn't have run it without fully understanding what it does. When I used the copie_scr.sh script...it didn't reboot my CiC so thought nothing really got changed. I tried to revert it back to factory state...not sure if I was successful. I have requested for full set of FSCs for my unit... let's see if someone can help.
Thanks again!

I see what the problem is... Intel123's script overwrote all the original certs.

I see root, fscs and sigs certificates have been replaced with the one in the script. Now.. I need to create my own certificates for the vin and save the FSCs?

Howto doc says
"After cic has been patched and it restarted you can fire-up E-SYS or FSTOOL. If you go ahead and check status of FSC you will see that
CIC has been virginized and only root certificate is accepted. Key you should use for signing FSC certificates is 00_PRIVATEKEYS\fscs.der
other two private keys (root.der and sigs.der) you will have no use for, they are included just so the cert chain is complete."

But in my case I see all certificates are accepted (fscs, sig, root and sw sig). What does CiC has been virginized here means!!!?

So now I have to use the certs in template and create a set for my VIN...then load them into CiC using FSTool?

I'd really appreciate if someone can shed some light here. I don't want damage my CiC any further.
Thanks guys!
19-10-2017, 05:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 19-10-2017, 05:43 AM by Nixer.)
Guys, just wanted to give you all an update... Intel's script didn't do anything on my CiC as I am running an older version of SW. All the cert info we see in the video is actually coming from FSTool repository and yes they are invalid but it didn't matter.
This is how I got it working.
1. FSTool - GET_VIN - returned my car VIN instead of the donor CiC VIN..even though I entered the short VIN of the donor CIC in the parameter section.
2. Click SET_VIN to use Donor CiC VIN
3. Use GET_VIN to confirm
4. CHECK_FSC.

It worked for me and I am updating the map using lifetime code. Hope it helps someone here!

Thanks to Pierre26 for all the help. You are amazing man!! I wouldn't have made any progress without you!
19-10-2017, 11:08 AM,
(19-10-2017, 05:16 AM)Nixer Wrote:  Guys, just wanted to give you all an update... Intel's script didn't do anything on my CiC as I am running an older version of SW. All the cert info we see in the video is actually coming from FSTool repository and yes they are invalid but it didn't matter.
1. FSTool - GET_VIN - returned my car VIN instead of the donor CiC VIN..even though I entered the short VIN of the donor CIC in the parameter section.
4. CHECK_FSC.

It worked for me and I am updating the map using lifetime code. Hope it helps someone here!

Thanks to Pierre26 for all the help. You are amazing man!! I wouldn't have made any progress without you!

Glad you solved this. What status you have when you check_fsc?
19-10-2017, 13:26 PM,
(19-10-2017, 11:08 AM)Pl@y3R Wrote:  
(19-10-2017, 05:16 AM)Nixer Wrote:  Guys, just wanted to give you all an update... Intel's script didn't do anything on my CiC as I am running an older version of SW. All the cert info we see in the video is actually coming from FSTool repository and yes they are invalid but it didn't matter.
4. CHECK_FSC.

Glad you solved this. What status you have when you check_fsc?

Status 0 - successful.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW Update ISTA at once 4.43.40 (ISTA Update Program) charlesjyw 34 6,446 Yesterday, 10:39 AM
Last Post: MINIGP1610
  need update & mod VIN from FRM ? ka_rai 7 183 25-03-2024, 01:06 AM
Last Post: armenh7
  For anyone having problem with ICOM NEXT FW update via ISTA+. ImmBoo 16 3,898 24-03-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Twointje
XZBMW Update ISTA 4.39.20 SQLiteDBs Italian Language diman64 8 741 09-03-2024, 20:18 PM
Last Post: diman64
XZBMW Update VIN in VCM through esys TIGHTFIN 10 1,148 05-03-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: oros
XZBMW Solved ✔ Cic update on E series alsamaraee 16 785 28-02-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: alsamaraee
XZBMW Programming_ Changes with xx-xx I level update that are perceptible to the customer shawnsheridan 10 1,925 22-02-2024, 12:17 PM
Last Post: bmchicago
  VCX SE and ISTA D update software of ecus? Maikiu 16 794 21-02-2024, 14:07 PM
Last Post: olifisz
  Update for DDE Pentheus 3 248 09-02-2024, 05:35 AM
Last Post: Stratofortress
  BMW i4 mgu video in motion Bimbo666 6 1,050 07-02-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Bimbo666