Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

[SOLVED] ISTA-D Problems [SOLVED]
23-11-2017, 03:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 24-11-2017, 13:05 PM by jtanner.)
XZBMW  [SOLVED] ISTA-D Problems [SOLVED]
Hi There,

I managed to get ista-d running perfectly fine, I also have ediabas etc installed, and INPA using a tool I found called "Mikes BMW Tools".

I've edited my ediabas.ini file, and set the interface to OBD.
I've also edited the obd.ini and set the com port accordingly, (I've tried ports 1,3,9 and 12) but I can not for the life of me get anything to work.

The K+D Can cable I have is a switchable type, and the drivers are correctly installed - at least according to the device manager.

I found a tool called "DCan.exe" which seems to do it's job.

Is there any tool to specifically check the cable is setup right, rather than the connection to the car?

Anyways, when I try and use ista-d however, I get an error saying it is unable to connect.

when I view details, I get shown this error:

I have set the TCP Port to 6081 and also set the RemoteHost to my IP Address...

What am I doing wrong?

Also, what side should the switch be for ista? K or D ?

Many thanks in advance

Password for anything I share here is: jtanner_IAmOrion_cartechnology.co.uk
Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2017, 05:12 AM,
RE: ISTA-D Problems
Well that's a pisser , fyi not sure if this will help you , with windows 10 with icom if any other adaptors are enabled @ all ista-d fails to scan can may be same with inpa obd2 cable unsure but good luck other wise may be install , also if you have istap installed you need to copy ediabas folder use or rename ediabas 7.3.0 for programming in reverse for diag ! I been putting off a batch files to copy rename etc but been to busy maybe next couple weeks or so
23-11-2017, 06:09 AM,
Tell me about it! lol

I'm using Windows 7 (with a windows 10 theme), it's defo confusing though. The only tool that seems to acknowledge the cable is the DCan.exe tool

Interesting note about ediabas hough, mine is just "c:\ediabas" so you're saying it should be "c:\ediabas 7.3.0" instead?

23-11-2017, 06:38 AM,
XZBMW  RE: ISTA-D Problems
What I saying is if you plan to use for programming , you need to nstall inpa before you install ediabas 7.3.0 first and rename " ista p" then if you use for programming you have to rename ediabas to say inap ediabas , in then istap to ediabas or you get errors all finds

or just get inpa working first to show the 2 black dots for voltage verification normal that is a of proper install , the proceed to istap , just make sure you rename ediabas before installing ediabas 7.3.0 on most likely inpa will be messed up the if in windows 10 disable all network adaptor except wired lan, any other question pm me in will swap emails
[+] 2 users say Thank You to bimmer71 for this post
23-11-2017, 10:24 AM,
It looks to me like you have ISTA-D set to expect an INET interface. That's a config setting somewhere in ISTA-D that needs changing.

However you do need to first ensure your lead works with INPA, once that is working then you should be good for ISTA-D.

The K and D switch on the interface is only for compatibility with the car. ISTA-D will run whatever it just may see fewer or no modules in the vehicle. In general you want something like K for cars before 2007 and D for cars newer than 2007. For F-series cars you will need an INET lead instead.

Set the interface to COM9. And I find 19200 baud, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit with all the buffers set to their minimum size and latency set to the minimum is the best setting for most laptops and cars.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to targa9 for this post
23-11-2017, 10:49 AM,
(23-11-2017, 10:24 AM)targa9 Wrote:  It looks to me like you have ISTA-D set to expect an INET interface. That's a config setting somewhere in ISTA-D that needs changing.

However you do need to first ensure your lead works with INPA, once that is working then you should be good for ISTA-D.

The K and D switch on the interface is only for compatibility with the car. ISTA-D will run whatever it just may see fewer or no modules in the vehicle. In general you want something like K for cars before 2007 and D for cars newer than 2007. For F-series cars you will need an INET lead instead.

Set the interface to COM9. And I find 19200 baud, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit with all the buffers set to their minimum size and latency set to the minimum is the best setting for most laptops and cars.

I followed a guide, and already tried COM9, latency 1 etc etc and I still got the same error. I set the communication method in ista to use ediabas.ini (as per a guide I came across)

When I run INPA, the 2 black dots go nuts flicking between between the 2.

My car is an E85 2003 for what it's worth. Perhaps it's as mentioned further up that my ediabas folder is named incorrectly I will re-do my setup and see if I can get any better results.

Thanks to all for the help so far, I will report back

23-11-2017, 20:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 23-11-2017, 20:50 PM by DNK76.)
Install INPA and interface just like in movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-vYe1_96Mc

For interface K-DCAN USB
Interface= STD:OBD
obd.ini
COM9
Hardware=OBD
This manual should work

You can skip NFS for inpa you do not need
As you check INPA works it
Go to the ISTA D configuration
Click on the key icon at the top
overlap
Vehicle Interface
uncheck
EDIABAS default settings
  it should work
but without the voltage it works wrong there is no erase error in the newer version i would recommend to do so
http://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.ph...153&page=2

For the F-G series ediabas 730 does not matter (ENET interface)
We set the last value
dealer organisation HO ICOM / ENET direct connection

windows 10 are problems with the registry for serial (K-DCAN)
add fix
check that all ok obdsetup.exe

Attached Files
INPA fix interface serial reg.rar
File Type: .rar
Downloaded: 71 times
Size: 13.83 KB

If my post helped you hit the thanks and reputation button!under
[+] 4 users say Thank You to DNK76 for this post
23-11-2017, 21:16 PM,
(23-11-2017, 20:27 PM)DNK76 Wrote:  Install INPA and interface just like in movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-vYe1_96Mc

For interface K-DCAN USB
Interface= STD:OBD
obd.ini
COM9
Hardware=OBD
This manual should work

You can skip NFS for inpa you do not need
As you check INPA works it
Go to the ISTA D configuration
Click on the key icon at the top
overlap
Vehicle Interface
uncheck
EDIABAS default settings
  it should work
but without the voltage it works wrong there is no erase error in the newer version i would recommend to do so
http://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.ph...153&page=2

For the F-G series ediabas 730 does not matter (ENET interface)
We set the last value
dealer organisation HO ICOM / ENET direct connection

windows 10 are problems with the registry for serial (K-DCAN)
add fix
check that all ok obdsetup.exe

Thanks for the info! I will check this in the morning and try it out. I have Windows 7 x64 and using on my Z4 - E85

24-11-2017, 13:07 PM,
RE: [SOLVED] ISTA-D Problems [SOLVED]
Thanks everyone. I have now (for the time being) resolved it and got INPA & ISTA-D working correctly. After renaming the EDIABAS folder that was inside the Rheingold folder it worked.

I'm assuming it was looking at the wrong ediabas.ini file for the settings, and by renaming the folder from within the Rheingold folder, it is now correctly using the c:\ediabas\bin\ediabas.ini and works.

Many thanks all

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW [MEGA] ISTA 4.32 // ISTA-P 3.72 + ALL LOADER up to 6.6 // no license needed hashtagmaster 60 17,965 1 hour ago
Last Post: alexak
XZBMW ISTA Standalone Licenserequest up to v4.37.4x Sedoy 8,696 650,626 5 hours ago
Last Post: Sedoy
XZBMW ISTA+ 4.45.3x Install Files - MEGA shawnsheridan 10 2,132 Today, 07:33 AM
Last Post: rocdeng
  ISTA Polish SQLiteDBs 4.45.30 PL Thomas77 0 83 Yesterday, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Thomas77
XZBMW ISTA+ 4.46.5x Install Files - MEGA shawnsheridan 4 704 16-04-2024, 14:31 PM
Last Post: shawnsheridan
XZBMW ISTA 4.46.5x I-LEVEL+OVERVIEW AutoExe3219 0 191 16-04-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: AutoExe3219
  ista 4.46 Standalone kiranabc 59 8,180 14-04-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: kiranabc
XZBMW ISTA+ 4.39 add/enable Expertmode ABL alex_cv 3 265 14-04-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: alex_cv
  ISTA File Missing? Homersbud 5 260 13-04-2024, 23:53 PM
Last Post: rocdeng
XZBMW ISTA/P 3.72.0.300 Install Files - MEGA shawnsheridan 33 4,322 13-04-2024, 16:41 PM
Last Post: BimmerLubuskie