Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

EWA EPC WIS installation FAQ
26-04-2019, 13:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-04-2019, 21:45 PM by ACloneHasNoName.)
EWA EPC WIS installation FAQ
I have been a member of CT for awhile now, and received so much, so at this point I feel I would like to also contribute to the community!

I could not find an EPC/WIS installation guide, and while installing it myself, I encountered so many issues.
For some of which, I found the answer on this site, and for others, I had to work them out myself.

So since there is no centralized place where most problems and solutions can be found, I decided to make one.

Here are the following problems and solutions I found (in no particular order):

- When you start EWA, the default browser URL is: localhost:9000

- EWA default credentials: admin/start

- To reset admin password, if you forget it, go to [EWA-HOME]:\install\tools\ and run qml_reset_admin_password.bat

- If you add licenses after the installation, make sure to add them in the EWA webpage/Administration/Server/Edit the access authorization. Otherwise, an EWA service restart is required, for the license permissions to take effect!

- WIS/EPC programs/icons don't show up: Go to Administration/Group, select the Admin user group, and add to to both EPC and WIS: As workshop access authorization; Restart EWA server

- If in EWA net page you see "One of the server access authorizations is invalid. Please check the access authorizations.": make sure the license is valid/accepted (license can only be generated until 30/12/2037

- Lost MAC address on EWA admin tool: https://bowwoweddie.wordpress.com/2013/0...an-id-fix/

- If a startApp.jnlp download shows up, when clicking WIS/EPC, download it, then run it

- If you get "Vehicle identification number not found" error in WIS, go to [EWA-HOME]:\Config\wis_cfg.xml and change the IP for the parameter names datacardUrl and datacard_V2_Url to point to localhost; Restart WIS afterwards; Also, EPC must already be installed. Or just simply copy over the wis_cfg.xml file to [EWA-HOME]:\Config\wis_cfg.xml (Make sure the indexDirectoryBasepath property is correct!)

- When installing EPC, you get "No valid EPC medium found on the system" error, make sure the cd 1/1 is inserted first, then select the next 4 CD's for verification

- No prices in EPC? Copy the price files into [EWA-HOME]:\ewa_pricelists then go to EWA webpage/Administration/Server/Manage parts price list and click the button with the green right arrow, to import the price parts list. Then go to Administration/Workshop, select country and parts price list. In EPC > Options > Setup > Preferences > CHECK Show price

- Datacard not working in EPC? Make sure in Administration/Group/Permission Group for the server administrator/Show access authorization, the checkbox for Datacard blocked is UNCHECKED!

- Can't uncheck the Datacard blocked checkbox? Make sure the license key has the Datacard option enabled. To do this, when generating a key, in the EPC options, the "Reserved" checkbox must be UNCHECKED!

- When enterring a VIN in EPC, you get: "Vehicle identification number not found. Datacard cannot be displayed."? Copy over the wis_cfg.xml file to [EWA-HOME]:\Config\wis_cfg.xml (Make sure the indexDirectoryBasepath property is correct!)
Reputation: +5 - emaflo1978 [+1] , alleshateinende [+1] , amgonly [+1] , liberator [+1] , buhuhu [+1]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users say Thank You to ACloneHasNoName for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FullFixBySamik v4.3 + Mercedes soft easiest installation & activation samo733792 3 2,091 02-05-2024, 19:17 PM
Last Post: Wlodarski1
  Could not extract script from EXE xentry installation error Automotive 1 0 149 08-11-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Automotive 1
YTMercedes Solved ✔ Need DTS Monaco 8.16 full installation Moldovan1 4 1,247 19-07-2023, 20:40 PM
Last Post: Moldovan1
  Teamviewer Installation DTS Monaco 8.16 nobbynobbs 3 1,074 24-03-2022, 10:41 AM
Last Post: cb6688999
YTMercedes Mercedes DAS - Xentry 09/2014 Installation Guide - [With all Solutions and Mod DVDs] kalatopas 43 25,800 31-10-2019, 03:43 AM
Last Post: wosanyn31
YTMercedes Strange error during EWA/WIS installation passador83 4 533 29-10-2019, 09:56 AM
Last Post: passador83
  XENTRY 05-2019 32-bit Installation Fix Glintweb 8 2,921 23-10-2019, 12:57 PM
Last Post: nogardeht
  DTS MONACO 8.13 8.14 INSTALLATION VIDEO!! Reshi 0 610 09-09-2019, 18:25 PM
Last Post: Reshi
YTMercedes Solved ✔ vediamo 05.01.01 installation error soondae 2 604 01-04-2019, 19:16 PM
Last Post: soondae
  Fresh installation for DTS monaco and Vediao "without" Xentry hsw1009 0 569 27-03-2019, 04:36 AM
Last Post: hsw1009