Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

REPAIR ERASED OP-COM CLONE BOOTLOADER FROM PIC18F458 MCU
10-07-2014, 13:46 PM,
KOpel  REPAIR ERASED OP-COM CLONE BOOTLOADER FROM PIC18F458 MCU
Since i have seen that ppl try to use newer op-com versions to their china cloned interface and a lot of them have bricked them i have made a tutorial on how to restore it by USB and not with a programmer.

Remember this is for PIC MCU not for FTDI chip (that can be flashed with MPROG).

Also i have modified the original kit of op-com 2012 december with the licence emulator from VAUX-COM 20120309a for you to test.

I would have done it myself but since i do not own a clone op-com interface i can't do that.

Also if it's not working with your clone v5 and let's say the worse will happen you have also the solution to restore it.

The install kits that i have made are from original installers version 121231 h or i in English,Romanian,German and please always run them as Administrator only on V5 Clone (right click on created shortcut, properties, compatibility tab and put the mark on Run this program as an Administrator on Windows 7).

If you are willing please test them on cars not blank and these kits should upgrade your interface to FW 1.47 when you test in blank or connected to a car let's say x vehicle identification.

Please provide feedback on what version you have tested, witch car, if it's ok or not and always run them as Administrator.

If you like my post and it helped you please press THANKS.
P.S. If you post test info and it's ok, i will post other versions modified for testing. I think that 3 languages are ok as a first test.

Please excuse me in first version of kits i have not included an icon to op-com shortcut, i have modded the loader with icon and now it's ok. You can find these modded version on same address also remember to run them as administrator.

Attached Files
REPAIR ERASED OP-COM CLONE BOOTLOADER.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 3,181 times
Size: 382 bytes

OP-COM 121231 MODIFIED FOR CHINA CLONE V5 - TEST.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 1,725 times
Size: 103 bytes

If you like my post and it helped you please press [Image: postbit_reputation.gif][Image: tyl_add.png]
Reputation: +36 - titoun [+1] , coriducu [+1] , volavka [+1] , Marcos [+1] , McMihai [+1] , Faisc@ [+1] , obdstart [+1] , jenny123 [+1] , paro44 [+1] , nicu_cuc [+1] , pictorino [+1] , mdanilo [+1] , borisp [+1] , mladen76 [+1] , tenaglia [+1] , kai-777 [+1] , Kenny [+1] , prokon [+1] , bgr1973 [+1] , Arual [+1] , tito-sainz [+1] , txalkie [+1] , Selectronic [+1] , JonhUSA [+1] , amaflo [+1] , cicko [+1] , capoeira [+1] , bounce24 [+1] , karmazyn [+1] , pekemotos [+1] , racin-snake [+1] , autko [+1] , wellwell [+1] , josef [+1] , mkii [+1] , zaniak [+1]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 287 users say Thank You to fantomel for this post
10-07-2014, 19:50 PM,
RE: REPAIR ERASED OP-COM CLONE BOOTLOADER FROM PIC18F458 MCU
Here are some pictures from op-coms that i modded and also the ept file for Mprog that was on vauxcom 2012 thread. Please remember that i don't own a opcom clone and i can't test further then this.

P.S. If you have other op-com kits you can try and modd them yourself.
Rename from original kit op-com.exe to prog.dll and take from my kit or vauxcom 2012 kit the files : EasyHook.dll ; EasyHook32.dll; EasyHook32Svc.exe; EasyHookSvc.exe;Inject.dll and OP-COM.exe and put them in your folder.
Lunch program from new file op-com.exe with admin rights.

Also from what i have read at some point mattydr67 said that this license has been banned but don't know when. Test them on 2012 software and see what it gives you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

OP-COM V2.zip
File Type: .zip
Downloaded: 1,093 times
Size: 797 bytes

If you like my post and it helped you please press [Image: postbit_reputation.gif][Image: tyl_add.png]
Reputation: +10 - Faisc@ [+1] , obdstart [+1] , volavka [+1] , titoun [+1] , shittu191 [+1] , mdanilo [+1] , prokon [+1] , amaflo [+1] , belkor [+1] , bounce24 [+1]
[+] 86 users say Thank You to fantomel for this post
10-07-2014, 22:10 PM,
When all will be ok can You try mod soft in other language?
10-07-2014, 22:14 PM,
HI

HOw update firmware to 1.47 version ?
i want try work whit this version but program not update my firmware i have 1.45 and not works
many thanks in the advance
regards
10-07-2014, 23:00 PM,
Anyone can upgrade and downgrade their op-coms china or "HQ" with ocflash with no risk of bricking their interfaces.
Also as i posted with that tool you can repair your bootloader.

[+] 5 users say Thank You to fantomel for this post
11-07-2014, 03:22 AM,
(10-07-2014, 13:46 PM)fantomel Wrote:  Since i have seen that ppl try to use newer op-com versions to their china cloned interface and a lot of them have bricked them i have made a tutorial on how to restore it by USB and not with a programmer.

Remember this is for PIC MCU not for FTDI chip (that can be flashed with MPROG).

Also i have modified the original kit of op-com 2012 december with the licence emulator from VAUX-COM 20120309a for you to test.

I would have done it myself but since i do not own a clone op-com interface i can't do that.

[size=small]If you are willing please test them on cars not blank and these kits should upgrade your interface to FW 1.47 when you test in blank or connected to a car let's say x vehicle identification.

Please provide feedback on what version you have tested, witch car, if it's ok or not and always run them as Administrator.
With the mod from 20120309 you skip OP-COM ID (serial) test, but there is still activation part left (when you start actual diagnostics) that need to be moded.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to stmilosh for this post
11-07-2014, 10:01 AM,
Fantomel, thank you for youк work! Can You upload 1.47 firmware for op-com here?
11-07-2014, 12:03 PM,
I don't have an op-com interface or a programmer to make the dump. sorry
I have made a tutorial since i repaired by teamviewer for a friend one.
Also i tryed to hack op-com newer versions since one of our colegues here has been riped off by a seller of a "HQ" clone for 200 eur that doesn't work on chcan because has benn modded only on ftdi level- this means soft.
ALSO no "HQ" seller tells you that if you buy one on fw 1.60 you can downgrade at any time to any version because as you all know each op-com has been optimized for a certain fw level.
All HQ clones can be downgraded to 1.39 and after that when you open a module on let's say op-com 121231 it will be upgraded to 1.47.
After that if you open newer versions it will be upgraded to that level but after if you want to return to 2012 software it will not be downgraded so you must downgrade it manually with ocflash.

[+] 8 users say Thank You to fantomel for this post
11-07-2014, 14:10 PM,
(11-07-2014, 12:03 PM)fantomel Wrote:  I don't have an op-com interface or a programmer to make the dump. sorry
I have made a tutorial since i repaired by teamviewer for a friend one.
Also i tryed to hack op-com newer versions since one of our colegues here has been riped off by a seller of a "HQ" clone for 200 eur that doesn't work on chcan because has benn modded only on ftdi level- this means soft.
ALSO no "HQ" seller tells you that if you buy one on fw 1.60 you can downgrade at any time to any version because as you all know each op-com has been optimized for a certain fw level.
All HQ clones can be downgraded to 1.39 and after that when you open a module on let's say op-com 121231 it will be upgraded to 1.47.
After that if you open newer versions it will be upgraded to that level but after if you want to return to 2012 software it will not be downgraded so you must downgrade it manually with ocflash.

Let me try to explain (summarize) what I know regarding modding wink.
First, there is one general protections in software - hardware protection (in addition to, exe is PECompact compressed with VM emulation and bunch of traps). It is checking FTDI serial (which is probably a function of PIC ID and FTDI ID) and FTDI product description (OP-COM USB V2 for original software and 20120309, OP-COM USB B2 for HQ modded software).

Firmware mismatch is not an issue, coz every higher firmware is accepted on lower firmware intended software (forward compatibility) and lower firmware is automatically updated assuming hardware is matching (both in original and HQ modded software).
Last modded version that works with all clones is 20120309 and that one has FTDI checking emulated with EasyHook wrapper. Wrapper will send back to main software FTDI serial that was working (for newer software it is banned, so if you apply EasyHook wrapper on newer original or HQ software even though hardware is recognized it will ask you for activation coz serial that EasyHook sends to main software has been blacklisted).
HQ software has its own wrapper that performs FTDI check and emulation before program starts and if hardware mismatches (disregarding firmware) wrapper erases the bootloader (cloners protection that doesn't exist in original software).
When you mod HQ software with EasyHook (removing their wrapper) you get inside but serial from FTDI emulation still doesn't work.

To summarize, what HQ cloners have done is collected couple of working serials (from real hardware) and wrote a wrapper (similar to EasyHooks one) that checks their own serial from their hardware (they have their own algorithm for that which is function of PIC ID and FTDI ID) and if that one matches send to main software one of the serials that is working (emulating FTDI and PIC ID).
This is pretty smart way coz serials of HQ clones are not the same serials that are on original hardware, so they prevent spreading of real serials so that working serials don't get banned wink.
[+] 12 users say Thank You to stmilosh for this post
11-07-2014, 15:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2014, 15:54 PM by Bimmeristi.)
I downgrade firmware to 1.39, but fail(PIC). Tried both tool. Maybe i do wrong way, just tried...

EDIT: Sorry, there was third tool, that works. Now firmware is 1.39. Now need test softwares...

I i understand correct, best firmware for older, activated software(Op com 08-2010) is that 1.39?

Was I helpful? Please support my time and Hit [Image: tyl_add.png]  And [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] -button's.

NEW Trasdata 9 Master support Bosch SM(service mode) etc enjoy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GM MDI2 REPAIR EXPERIENCE 12manux 1 224 03-10-2023, 19:24 PM
Last Post: apol
  OP-COM v6 with "fake MCU" REPAIR obdstart 111 54,101 26-10-2022, 19:35 PM
Last Post: mattydr67
KOpel Mongoose Pro GM II CLONE - where to buy? alpntrb 4 1,210 26-05-2022, 11:08 AM
Last Post: ksv
  Opcom Bootloader Repair with TL866 ICSP port aki1 3 1,622 07-10-2019, 13:07 PM
Last Post: avepla
KHolden Tech 2 China Clone mototrampek 2 863 25-09-2019, 19:11 PM
Last Post: mototrampek
  opcom clone need help to repair autosolutions 1 814 18-09-2019, 02:40 AM
KVauxhall Newest Version Of Op-Com For Clone Inked 6 1,705 10-09-2019, 02:40 AM
Last Post: Inked
KOpel Op-Com Repair Tool ircpoLice 44 48,909 25-08-2019, 05:40 AM
Last Post: itman
KOpel Vaux Com 2016 Clone fatihk01 1 2,927 08-07-2018, 19:18 PM
  Opel meriva 1.6 xe ecu repair help davor.touch 5 2,838 03-05-2017, 08:43 AM