Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

K+DCAN Cable Modification
29-08-2014, 14:51 PM,
XZBMW  K+DCAN Cable Modification
Some K+DCAN Cables needs a modification to work on newer or older BMW Cars. older vehicles requires the pin 7 and 8 to be bridged to work..3/2007 and later requires pin 7 and 8 to be separate.

Tools needed..
1. Small philip screwdriver
2. micro on/off switch (can be two prongs or three)
3. Soldering gun
4. Some type of glue gun or glue adhesive
5. and something to make a hole in de DCAN cover for the switch

Locate pin 8 which will have a number on the side of the board. One side will have the digit 1 and the other digit 8

Once you locate pin 8, thats the pin we will be using as well as the next one over. Connect each pin 7 and 8 with a separate wire and then use the soldering gun and connect each wire to the micro on/off switch... If you bought a 2 prong on/off switch connect it to each side, but if you bought a switch with three prongs, connect the middle and one of the ends, doesnt matter which one. At the end there will be one prong end not used...Neatly place the wires snug so that the D-can cover can be closed without anything preventing it to make a closed seal and your done. Screw in the 4 philip head screws in their respected holes. Note which postion is on and which is off by some type of label on the outside of the cover...SImple! Note on my first pic, I have a switch with 3 prongs, but I snipped off the 3rd one just to make it easier to solder...

I have copied this tutorial from another forum, tested it and it worked. My K+DCAN Cable work on all E-Series cars, doesnt matter which modelyear.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote this message in a reply
[+] 22 users say Thank You to Chriz for this post
29-08-2014, 15:03 PM,
RE: K+DCAN Cable Modification
YES = Bridged 7/8 pin needed to communicate
NO = Unbridged 7/8 pin needed to communicate

[Image: BMW%20Cable%20Kit%20Chart.JPG]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 19 users say Thank You to Dren1977 for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  list of software compatible with blue kkl cable?? iapple.pro 1 658 15-11-2018, 17:37 PM
Last Post: Mario68