Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

G20 US > ECE converion
29-08-2022, 11:31 AM,
RE: G20 US > ECE converion
(29-08-2022, 07:47 AM)anstr Wrote:  Can you plese share coding for the rear turn signals just out of curiosity ?

First of all your car is 5R79 according to BMW systems, not 5R89. Once you understand this it's easy to see that you should go for 5R91 since it's based on the same engine (B46D) and x drive configuration. In my opinion 5R71 (B48 engine) will work also fine, since MGU config is not dependand on engine itself. Don't forget that B46 and B48 are siblings in terms of constructions. B46 is ultra low emissions standards for US and B48 is the same engine but just for EU.

Besides that you don't have much options to play around with other the ones mentioned.

I had the same car but without xdrive based on 5R19 and I went for 5R11 and all went fine. One remark though, I've changed FSC region on that car before flashing/coding. I guess if MGU act's same like NBT ID5/6 and you will code it with different typekey the HU will block itself.

For separete turn signals and brake light this FDL works for me:
LIC_FEATURE_14 enable -> disable
LIC_NIVEAU_OVVERRIDE_INDEX G20_US_code2 -> G22_ECE_code2
LIC_NIVEAU_OVVERRIDE_DATA_0 G20_US_code2 -> G20_ECE_code1
LIC_LOG_LAMP_2_PHYS_LAMP_INDEX G20_US_code1 -> G20_ECE_code1
LIC_LOG_LAMP_2_PHYS_LAMP_DATA G20_US_code1 -> G20_ECE_code1
LIC_VERSION_DATA wert_131… -> wert_711…
LIC_EDGE_CUTTER_RULE_ASSIGNMENT G20_US_code -> G20_ECE_code

I made a mistake with model code 5R89 and basic type 5R79, can you share what program you are using to check and generate code by VIN?
So for safety, I should change the FSC region first?
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to zygi898 for this post
29-08-2022, 19:37 PM,
(29-08-2022, 07:47 AM)anstr Wrote:  
(28-08-2022, 20:06 PM) zygi898 Wrote:  I managed to code the side markers off and separate brake lights from the rear turn signals using FDL coding, but after the previous comments i am afraid to change the typecode, because I do not know what should it be for ece typecode to propetly flash MGU

Can you plese share coding for the rear turn signals just out of curiosity ?

First of all your car is 5R79 according to BMW systems, not 5R89. Once you understand this it's easy to see that you should go for 5R91 since it's based on the same engine (B46D) and x drive configuration. In my opinion 5R71 (B48 engine) will work also fine, since MGU config is not dependand on engine itself. Don't forget that B46 and B48 are siblings in terms of constructions. B46 is ultra low emissions standards for US and B48 is the same engine but just for EU.

Besides that you don't have much options to play around with other the ones mentioned.

I had the same car but without xdrive based on 5R19 and I went for 5R11 and all went fine. One remark though, I've changed FSC region on that car before flashing/coding. I guess if MGU act's same like NBT ID5/6 and you will code it with different typekey the HU will block itself.

Just change TYPCODE does it all. The most important thing is to press "HW-IDs from SVTactual" when calculating the TAL. After the flash, you normally upload the map with the fsc code. A coding change is required for the correct operation of the "Weather etc" application. In addition, of course, KOMBI and RAM unit.
If you are afraid you can flash a converted tal by just adding a swfl file with a given country language and do the encoding, but in my opinion it is more work.
30-08-2022, 09:39 AM,
(29-08-2022, 19:37 PM)driver4f Wrote:  
(28-08-2022, 20:06 PM) zygi898 Wrote:  I managed to code the side markers off and separate brake lights from the rear turn signals using FDL coding, but after the previous comments i am afraid to change the typecode, because I do not know what should it be for ece typecode to propetly flash MGU

Just change TYPCODE does it all. The most important thing is to press "HW-IDs from SVTactual" when calculating the TAL. After the flash, you normally upload the map with the fsc code. A coding change is required for the correct operation of the "Weather etc" application. In addition, of course, KOMBI and RAM unit.
If you are afraid you can flash a converted tal by just adding a swfl file with a given country language and do the encoding, but in my opinion it is more work.

And you're 100% certain that MGU won't go into component protection mode after executing TAL (btloder, sw and cd) with amended TypeCode and VO ?
30-08-2022, 09:41 AM,
(30-08-2022, 09:39 AM)anstr Wrote:  

And you're 100% certain that MGU won't go into component protection mode after executing TAL (btloder, sw and cd) with amended TypeCode and VO ?

Component protection never occurs when you code with other TS

Coding 2.0 File Service - Region Change/Typekey - SFA iDrive 8.5 REGION CHANGE
BMW Full FSC Set + CarPlay - NBT EVO ID4/5/6/ENTRYNAV2 (CP REMOVE/PATCH)
MGU CARPLAY/ANDROID AUTO Activation / MGU PATCH/CP REMOVE (EU service)
ISN RESET Remote F/G series
BMW KAFAS 2/4 FSCs(7E/BE/BF - 11F/13E/13F)
BMW KAFAS4/MRR/RAM Virgin / VIN FSC Matching
[+] 1 user says Thank You to dasi for this post
30-08-2022, 10:37 AM,
did the programming of the MGU work with the changed type code?

30-08-2022, 11:33 AM,
If you don't change vin, everything will be fine.
Works normally after programming, only fdl editing is required to start the application that's all ...
30-08-2022, 12:10 PM,
(30-08-2022, 09:41 AM)dasi Wrote:  

I experienced few times NBT ID5/6 going into component protection mode after coding it with modified TS from US to ECE. I had also one gent that locked NBT after using bimmercode and fdl coding smile

Are you saying that NBT's and MGU will not block themselves until VIN matches  VIN in FSC's - effectively moveing them between vehicles ?
30-08-2022, 17:52 PM,
Nothing will happen, it's the easiest unit to conversion ...
30-08-2022, 18:08 PM,
(30-08-2022, 12:10 PM)anstr Wrote:  
(30-08-2022, 09:41 AM)dasi Wrote:  
(29-08-2022, 07:47 AM)anstr Wrote:  Can you plese share coding for the rear turn signals just out of curiosity ?

I experienced few times NBT ID5/6 going into component protection mode after coding it with modified TS from US to ECE. I had also one gent that locked NBT after using bimmercode and fdl coding smile

Are you saying that NBT's and MGU will not block themselves until VIN matches  VIN in FSC's - effectively moveing them between vehicles ?

you did not experience component protection, it was region lock (when screen goes black).

MGU Patching/Virginizing.
Feature Installer codes.
Physical NBT EVO Repairs.
CarPlay activations.
Remote BMW Coding.
mail [email protected]

Visit this user's website
[+] 1 user says Thank You to RuleNormaliai for this post
31-08-2022, 07:38 AM,
(30-08-2022, 18:08 PM)RuleNormaliai Wrote:  .....

you did not experience component protection, it was region lock (when screen goes black).

Thank you for clarification, but isn't this what @zygi898 will experience once he flashes MGU with ECE TS ?