Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

E60 LCI evo + poor dab+ reception
13-10-2022, 14:42 PM,
RE: E60 LCI evo + poor dab+ reception
@larshutten
Yes car has 356 code but dab is all OEM. With an after market antenna the signal is very very bad + I don't want to use that.

I've installed the dab antenna wiring on the left side of the car to the front.

E60 dab module is using clips to mount to the rear window.

MGU virgin and patching in Europa.
Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2022, 06:20 AM,
Did you ever tested DAB on bench with these units?
In past, I had issues with the emulator in my F11 and changed with an other one, the issue I had was gone, but, idk why, but also DAB has nearly completely gone. And without touching anything else, just plug back emulator to old one, I had directly normal reception, again back and reception gone. So test your unit on bench to prevent this issue is by emulator. Both of mine have been from same seller, just other firmware.
16-10-2022, 15:11 PM,
Get yourself MINI F57 antenna, diversity and cable. Antenna goes under rear bumper
[+] 1 user says Thank You to alexnaoumov for this post
17-10-2022, 07:57 AM,
(14-10-2022, 06:20 AM)gt678 Wrote:  Did you ever tested DAB on bench with these units?
In past, I had issues with the emulator in my F11 and changed with an other one, the issue I had was gone, but, idk why, but also DAB has nearly completely gone. And without touching anything else, just plug back emulator to old one, I had directly normal reception, again back and reception gone. So test your unit on bench to prevent this issue is by emulator. Both of mine have been from same seller, just other firmware.

Yes I tested it on the bench and same reception I have as in the car. 
The issue is when the car is moving the signal will become weak.
I did code evo unit as only dab+ tuner iso dab/dmb. Cause then it is even more worse but I think it is because of the dab module which can't handle that signal.

Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
11-04-2023, 22:26 PM,
To give feedback:
I installed G30 diversity and reception definitely improved however it could still be better.
In areas with a lot of trees I'm missing radio stations. When I'm on the highway reception is good but could be better.
I'm going to install dab antenna of a Mini into the rear bumper and see if reception will improve.

I'll report back but it will take some time.

Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW Poor wifi signal from new ICOM's bmchicago 3 345 12-04-2024, 18:55 PM
Last Post: Node
  F10 NBT retrofit Poor FM Reception solution? 840i 16 7,719 16-07-2018, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Jartsa
  BMW X6 poor package? bmwlover 16 2,988 15-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Zbichu