Please Make Sure You Read The Forum Rules! , Thanks for registering We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community :) Please do not use email addresses, website URLs, Skype info, or any other contact info as your Username.
  1. ObdToolUsa

2. Martech

3. obdresource

obdresource.com
  4. Piwis tester II

5. OBD Center

6. ChiPTuninG

BMW Motorcycles ISTA/P ignition problem.
03-11-2015, 17:30 PM
RE: BMW Motorcycles ISTA/P ignition problem.
(14-06-2015 10:13 AM)epsodus Wrote:  Hi,

i have bought a new Interface for my Motorcycle. This is for all BMW Motorcycle and is for Kline and DcanBus. Works with Esys, IstaD, IstaP and Rheingold. The Interfacename is IstaFighter.
I have payed 198,00 Euro.

Whoa !! that price is really sky high IMHO. please find picture of my original ICOM-D , less than 1,000 USD. in my memory , why you don't choose the original one ? never got any problem for more than 3 years .

Regards ,

RReader
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2015, 01:57 AM
Hi guys,

I have recently bought an Icom D interface from a chinesse website; As I tought it has the KL15 problem, so I decided to rearrange all wires by myself.

Here are the steps that I have been following:

1. I cut all the big wire as in the attached image
2. I used a multimeter in order to get the relationship between the pins and wires. I used continuity function.
3. I Ordered a female OBD2 because I broke mine trying to eliminate the plastic housing:Big mistake gavel
4. Im going to use this configuration that I have found browsing into the web

Signal OBD2 socket Bmw 10 pin plug
KL15 - 1 - 10
Ground - 4&5 - 4
Can Hi - 6 - 7
Kline 1 BMS -7 - 1
Kline 2 ABS -8 - 2
Can LO -14 - 9
KL30 -16 - 6

If this configuration does not work I going tho join pin 1 (OBD2 socket) to pin 6 (BMW plug)

Hope that this works. Im going to put the final results by the end of this week.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

1358416822_diagscable.pdf
File Type: .pdf
Downloaded: 107 times
Size: 244.99 KB

Thanks given by: nedved59 , jorik , NikHat
12-02-2016, 18:45 PM
(17-11-2015 01:57 AM)jaramillo Wrote:  Hi guys,

I have recently bought an Icom D interface from a chinesse website; As I tought it has the KL15 problem, so I decided to rearrange all wires by myself.

Here are the steps that I have been following:

1. I cut all the big wire as in the attached image
2. I used a multimeter in order to get the relationship between the pins and wires. I used continuity function.
3. I Ordered a female OBD2 because I broke mine trying to eliminate the plastic housing:Big mistake gavel
4. Im going to use this configuration that I have found browsing into the web

Signal OBD2 socket Bmw 10 pin plug
KL15 - 1 - 10
Ground - 4&5 - 4
Can Hi - 6 - 7
Kline 1 BMS -7 - 1
Kline 2 ABS -8 - 2
Can LO -14 - 9
KL30 -16 - 6

If this configuration does not work I going tho join pin 1 (OBD2 socket) to pin 6 (BMW plug)

Hope that this works. Im going to put the final results by the end of this week.

Sorry for my delay.

This configuration its OK, works perfectly. I have done a joint between the pin 1 and 6 with a switch to emulate ingnition.

Im attaching an image with the final result.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: NikHat
18-06-2016, 13:11 PM
I help a buddy with coding from mph to km on his bike as I remember , we used main power going from his main battery source aka charge point after that there was no problem seeing kl15 sorry I don't have any pic has 2 years or so ago , perhaps a youtube video may help got Icom d from ebay