Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

ECU Connectors pb !
11-06-2015, 15:53 PM,
KOpel  ECU Connectors pb !
Hello everybody ...

This information could be important for does people who believe your ECU connection is out of suspicions from the waterproof quality of view.

But, unfortunately it is not !

I discovered this sad reality once I washing my engine.

This, of course shouldn't be arrived but, from my experience some of worldwide known manufacturers like Bosch in this case makes, what will be called in German scheise.

Here is, however, good quality seal inside the connector but, the water or something else come by the top of connector ( red squares ) and we can see it inside connector once opened. This side ( male ) connector are inside of ECU body and we cannot accessed it even if opened because it is weld to inaccessible side of PCB.

Do not need to explain what was as results !!!

This could be a reason of some faults coming from ECU or connections, suspiciousness because the water ( or something ) could be evaporated once engine is ran, cause of high temp.

That's all folks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2015, 12:16 PM,
RE: ECU Connectors pb !
Those are plastic pins to be pushed for lock release. Nothing to do with water protection. Instead of complaining, you could of pus a plastic seal around the ecu before washing. Are you also washing your tv and why is the car ecu any different?
Quote this message in a reply